Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Oberon Changes

[DE]Rebecca

Oberon was last spotted leaving the gym after 'lifting' with anonymous DE Staff members, but got discouraged compared to his nameless gym buddy. He's still committed to legs, though.

Nameless buddy?

Did you just hint at a new warframe!?

YES!

No more "using Oberon because I can", and more "using Oberon because I can, and should, 'cause now he's good."

But I use Oberon because I like playing as him. :(

Oberon Prime :0

+1 to this. Oberon needs a prime version. Much yes.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

All the Radiation proc stuff is a bit weird, it's unfitting.

Shame Hallowed Ground didn't get more damage and enemy slow.. it's probably what he needed the most.

Renewal seems better now, although the description of the changes is a bit confusing.

Edited by Flackenstien

To take a more interesting approach at Renewal is that when the projectile reaches an Ally is that if any enemies are around they would be stunned or either damage will be dealt to them scaling with how much healing is needed or much much health has been restored, and this would only happen if your Allies are injured, so you can't spam it with godlike teammates.

I share many of the sentiments presented by other people in this thread but I'll save most of my feedback until after I've had a chance to test these changes for myself. However I'm with the majority in saying that Hallowed ground should be a circle aoe and follow oberon, or have the energy cost reduced to allow disposability.

Smite

No criticism here. This all sounds excellent and very useful. I also appreciate the synergy between Smite's forced puncture proc (enemy damage reduction) and Hallowed Ground's armor boost (increased damage resistance to health).

Hallowed Ground

I'm curious to know if there will be any visual indication once receiving the proc immunity and armor boosts. The armor bonus, however, concerns me.

- Is the armor boost being applied to your warframe's total armor or base armor? With Oberon's new armor rating of 150, a maxed Steel Fiber will boost that value to 150 x ( 1 + 1.1 ) = 315. If I enter Hallowed Ground with this armor, will I have a total of 315 + 150 x 0.2 = 345 armor, or will I have 315 x 1.2 = 378 armor?

- I understand you guys are still exploring the idea of having the armor bonuses stack with repeated casts. Are these going to be additive stacks, or multiplicative stacks? 

In the following examples, let's assume I'm in a group with four Oberons, each with 315 armor. Each Oberon lays Hallowed Ground on the same area. Here's what Oberon's armor will increase to by walking over the stacked Hallowed Ground:

Bonus from Base Armor; Additive Stacking

315 + 150 x ( 0.2 + 0.2 + 0.2 + 0.2 ) = 435

Bonus from Base Armor; Multiplicative Stacking

315 + 150 x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 = 626

Bonus from Total Armor; Additive Stacking

315 x ( 1 + 0.2 + 0.2 + 0.2 + 0.2 ) = 567

Bonus from Total Armor; Multiplicative Stacking

315 x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 = 653

One concern that I have is that even with multiple uses of Hallowed Ground, the amount of armor gained is low compared to the amount of energy spent. Even with the highest armor boost of 653 armor, Oberon's damage resistance to health only increases from ~51% (315 armor) to 69% (653 armor) at the cost of 200 energy. I would rather have a reliable, self-sufficient power that doesn't need a team of Oberons or maximum power efficiency just to get a respectable armor boost out of it.

The other issue is that as a defensive buff, allies are going to receive widely-varying benefits due to base armor ratings. Low-armored warframes are not going to receive much benefit at all, while high-armored warframes are going to gain an extremely high damage resistance to health.

- My suggestion is to have allies that walk over the AoE gain 12.5% / 25% / 37.5% / 50% of Oberon's total armor rating with additive stacking.

I've chosen to increase the armor percentages for a couple of reasons. The defense provided by Hallowed Ground is limited to a small AoE. In a fast-paced game where most players tend to utilize their high mobility, staying in Hallowed Ground will impose a restriction on that mobility. All bonuses are lost should the player be forced out of the AoE. The armor boost needs to convince allies to stay within the perimeter, and needs to be sufficient in providing observable defense. With the currently proposed changes, a 15-armor warframe would only gain 3 armor at the cost of 50 energy with one instance of Hallowed Ground, which is not very convincing in my opinion.

Choosing Oberon's total armor rating as a base for the percentage values also improves the amount of armor gained per cast.  This also gives an Oberon player the option to include Steel Fiber in their mod loadout to not only improve Oberon's defenses, but to increase the armor gained by allies. More importantly, allies will gain the same amount of armor per cast regardless of their warframe's base armor rating.

Additive stacking was chosen over multiplicative stacking for the reason that the latter causes exponential gains. We've seen this in the past with Volt's Electric Shield and critical damage, and that behavior was promptly corrected.

Walking over four Hallowed Grounds in this case would increase Oberon's armor from the earlier examples to 315 x ( 1 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 ) = 945 armor at the cost of 200 energy (~76% damage reduction to health).

Renewal

The proposed changes sound interesting. However, I'm a little confused.

- Is power duration still going to affect the health regeneration rate as it does currently, or is the rate to remain static per rank?

Currently, power duration is used to determine the value of the health regeneration rate. At max rank, 200 health is restored over 10 seconds, and this duration is decreased with increased power duration—yielding a higher regeneration rate. So at max rank with the proposed changes, should we expect to see a base health regeneration rate of 400 / 10 = 40 health per second, and can this value be improved with duration mods?

Reckoning

No complaints here. These sort of changes should set the example for many of the first generation warframes with utlimates that are lacking in utility.

Edited by PsycloneM

Tenno,

Hallowed Ground:

- Allies within Hallowed Ground can not be proc’ed.

- Hallowed Ground will remove all existing procs from Allies.

- Armour boosted by 5/10/15/20% per rank for all Allies with Hallowed Ground, with stacking being explored on multiple casts.

is this in addition to HG's current effects or is this a total replacement?

plss heal affect kubrows/centinels and other things

actually, if you have the link health mod on your kubrow, it will regenerate health when using renewal. At least for the player using Oberon. It's a bit too difficult to test for other players, but from my experiance, link health allows renewal to regenerate a kubrow's health.

Indeed he does. Primarily by spamming Reckoning over and over and over again, until Reckoning stops working. Then he doesn't really have anything going for him.

The proposed buffs will certainly make Reckoning spam have more staying power, but the rest of his abilities will remain inconsequential if they go with what is presently listed. They just don't justify their energy costs.

Primarily with guns, actually, like every other Warframe in the game because direct damaging abilities suck, but abilities with utility remain consistent.

Oh hey, look at that, Oberon's abilities have utility now. Neat.

Idk how I feel about the blinding aspects of Reckoning. Sure, it's great for Oberon, but as a player that uses Excalibur frequently...it makes me feel some type of way. lol 

However, I'm aware that it's nowhere near as effective as Excal's Radial Blind. 

With maxed range & Reckoning's ability to not only blind those that don't die from the initial attack but also effect those that come into range, couldn't that possibly make Excalibur's only use obsolete? Of course the reliability of the blind will need to be tested, but on paper it seems Excal is being put out of business. 

But unlike Oberon, Excal is the only fella who can hit 58.8m radius during blind and still able to boost up the duration.

Oberon can't increase blind duration at the moment, making it better for a short stun rather than a 4x melee boost and it also has a rather short range.

Edited by fatpig84

The other issue is that as a defensive buff, allies are going to receive widely-varying benefits due to base armor ratings. Low-armored warframes are not going to receive much benefit at all, while high-armored warframes are going to gain an extremely high damage resistance to health.

- My suggestion is to have allies that walk over the AoE gain 25% / 50% / 75% / 100% of Oberon's total armor rating with no stacking.

A change like this would reduce the concern over what types of stacking to utilize, or the possibility of achieving ~100% damage reduction to health with teams of Oberons using maximum power strength and maximum power efficiency builds. All the while, allies will gain the same amount of armor in a single cast. Walking over Hallowed Ground in this case would increase Oberon's armor from the earlier examples to 630 armor (~68% damage reduction to health), or 1036 armor with maximum power strength (~78% damage reduction to health).

I also assume Hallowed Ground will still be inflicting damage over time to enemies that walk in the AoE. If that's no longer the case, my suggested armor boost based on Oberon's total armor could be slightly increased per rank.

Very much in agreement here. Hallowed Ground should give a buff based off Oberon's armor rather than a different bonus for every warframe.

I also very much feel like it still needs some kind of enemy debuff, like the slow people like, so it can pull double duty as situational CC/debuffing.