The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith Feedback (Designated Megathread)

Netheroc

Goodie- now instead of 1 shotting most things we can let off 5 bullets into it and it'll eventually get bored, keel over, and die.

Latron Wraith was a let down. One of the biggest let downs of all the Wraiths imo.

37.5% crit chance is a pretty bad gamble for a 1 shot 1 kill.

Latron wraith nearly doubles that crit rate with a point strike.

Edited by fatpig84

The LW has approximately 5% higher dps compared to the LP if you have Point Strike equipped. It is stronger than the Latron Prime.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA dis guy make me laugh so hard HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

How u dare to say that nonsense...... Latron prime still better, DPS doesnt mean strongest by example: Soma = high dps in the game / BP = good DPS but is better than Soma. 

WHoa whoa whoa??? it's SILENT???? where was this and how did I miss it? 

FUU YEAH! I've been struggling with excals blind build trying to shove the silent mod into my favorite primaries. And now with the new melee weapon, 400!!!!! slide dmg! OMFG, yes!

That's basically all I do with this guy. Off to forma my silent gun. No but really, where did it say it was silent?

How u dare to say that nonsense...... Latron prime still better, DPS doesnt mean strongest by example: Soma = high dps in the game / BP = good DPS but is better than Soma. 

That is the worst example you could give XD

You do know boltor prime is actually the highest dps rifle in the game right? And no, dps doesn't mean everything but is an extremely good stat since it tells you just how damage you're doing which in turns translates directly into how much damage you will be inflicting upon enemies. 

EDIT: aaaaa yissss! testing as I write this and OMG, the damn thing is silent! excalibro! you're finally done.

Edited by alfaomega04

Not at all, Boltor Prime out DPS Soma unless they happen to be headshotting. DPS isn't everything, and certainly isn't worth as much in a semi-auto high damage low fire rate weapon. But that Boltor Prime vs Soma is a horrible comparison.

Truth of the matter is, the two weapons are very close. Prime has higher average shot damage. Wraith is more consistent at hitting high crit damage and has higher DPS at full fire rate. 

I'm just confused, honestly. There used to be a pattern with Wraiths like Vandals do, but it seems to have gone offroad. :B

Vandal has lato. Plus Braton is of arguable corpus origin. Even if it's produced by them it's certainly not "corpus tech". It's also stated that vandal weapons are modified by the lotus, thus having further nothing to do with corpus. 2 or 3 weapons is hardly enough to say there's some unbreakable "pattern" it could just be a coincidence.

Personally I'm happy with the explanation that the lotus is giving the red veil access to Tenno weapons in the aftermath of the rescue event.

I already have a high puncture crit oriented Latron Prime. I also do not want to complain to DE until they make this one a better version of the Prime.

I would love if DE increased the Impact damage of the Latron Wraith so it can be a Corpus semi-auto instead.

That way both weapons have purpose in the game.

Edited by Theodorick

first : this ... is .... a ... free to play

secondly : it is insulting for DE : peoples have worked to make this, even if it's a Latron based weapon

this kind of conduct just &!$$ing me off . it's just a game, have fun , and if you don't like a gift , something you don't have buy, then just node and stay quiet . it would have be a nerf or whatever ... but here no, you are just destroying the work of other peoples and I hope DE staff won't saw your post : I agreed the last event leave me on my end (something was missing , maybe another difficulty tiers or something else) but this one even if he is shorter than cicero was really good and challenging.

All you bring with this kind of post is a negativ vision . You are not a king or a captain on board, me neither . but please RESPECT THE WORK OF OTHER PEOPLES for Duck Sake!!! 

You know what, screw those people. For a newer player, getting a brand new shiny gun that comes with it's own weapon slot, a Catalyst, and that is better then the store version of the Latron at 150 Plat is FRIGGING AWESOME. I have a U14 test account and I run the mission, got the pretty gun and I've put down the Braton to bed for the foreseeable future.

All those people that whinge because they already have all the shiny toys can bite my Rhino Iron Skin &#!.

DE giving stuff like this away just for running a mission for 15 minutes? It's insane. I'm surprised they do it, and here you all are, complaining. Again.

I'm not hating or anything. It's a decent weapon, with a really sexy gunshot sound effect. But, it's not even Grineer. Why Wraithify it over something like the Burston, or even make a Brokk/Manticore Wraith?

That's not the reaction I had, my reaction was "Woo! Free gun with slot and catalyst!"

Newer players are probably trying like mad to get the event done so they can dump their Mk1 guns.

IT'S SILENT?! Forget everything I said I'm happy.

WHoa whoa whoa??? it's SILENT???? where was this and how did I miss it? 

FUU YEAH! I've been struggling with excals blind build trying to shove the silent mod into my favorite primaries. And now with the new melee weapon, 400!!!!! slide dmg! OMFG, yes!

That's basically all I do with this guy. Off to forma my silent gun. No but really, where did it say it was silent?

EDIT: aaaaa yissss! testing as I write this and OMG, the damn thing is silent! excalibro! you're finally done.

The normal Latron is low noise, Latron Prime is lower than that.

Latron Wraith, I shot a crewman that was barely 15m away, the MOA right beside him didn't hear it. So I'm pretty sure it's PRETTY quiet. But if most folks just look at the stats and shelf it, they're never gonna know that.

Edited by Shion963

When I saw Latron Wraith as a reward: I was like: "What? My favorite rifle getting another Variant? Awesomesauce!"

....But when I recieved it, and took it into combat, (In Mercury!) Starting around wave 5, it seemed like it was taking 2 shots to kill those Orange Armored Grineer. (Don't even get me started on Bombards.)

And going on about "Hey, it's a free weapon, catalyst and slot, deal with it." really serves no purpose.

I'm sorry, but I'm really disappointed in this variant of the weapon.

Um do know that things like the wrath or vandal variants of weapons only have slight boosts to some stats.   It has a bit more slash damage then the normal latron.  but has higher rate of fire, higher crit change and higher status chance.  Other then that its the same as the latron

it's not supposed to be compared to the latron prime. it's supposed to be a slight upgrade versus the base latron. and in that regard it succeeds admirably. (in fact, given it's high critical chance in some situations it's every bit as good as the prime depending on how you mod it)

Um do know that things like the wrath or vandal variants of weapons only have slight boosts to some stats.   It has a bit more slash damage then the normal latron.  but has higher rate of fire, higher crit change and higher status chance.  Other then that its the same as the latron

With the right mods, it can actually outdamage Latron Prime.

Ummmmmm Cry about it, Its stats are almost as good as the Latron Prm, and a overall improvement to the base latron, It has higher crit chance, and a 5 point less status, And from what you are saying you took it from lvl 1 to a survival? Any lvl one weapon will be bad at lvl one, Its over all better then the base Latron and is pretty even with the Latron Prm. 

ive been wanting to use these XD

0t54E54.jpg8ZUe85d.gif

Edited by Senketsu_

When I saw Latron Wraith as a reward: I was like: "What? My favorite rifle getting another Variant? Awesomesauce!"

....But when I recieved it, and took it into combat, (In Mercury!) Starting around wave 5, it seemed like it was taking 2 shots to kill those Orange Armored Grineer. (Don't even get me started on Bombards.)

And going on about "Hey, it's a free weapon, catalyst and slot, deal with it." really serves no purpose.

I'm sorry, but I'm really disappointed in this variant of the weapon.

Why are you even here?

You know new-er players? The ones that CANT get into the void and DONT have 150 Plat for a Latron with a Catalyst+slot? Yea, those ones. They are really disappointed with your post.

Better chance of a double crit with multishot, and the higher fire rate means it can more comfortably slot critical delay and receive a large benefit. 
The Latron Wraith requires more specialized builds but it does have its unique qualities that set it apart. 

I personally prefer the Wraith, that extra critical consistency is more favourable. The extra speed also helps it in intense combat situations. 

Edited by LukeAura