Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur And You: A Guide To Upcoming Changes

DE_Adam

Slash dash & Radial javelin: I'm with the general consensus in terms of having these powers use the melee multiplier, Excal is the male melee frame after all. I'd also like to see the powers use your melees channeling multiplier, using either power while channeling would double the energy cost of activation. This would add more depth to Excal's playstyle and increase the applications of his powers. Use your melee to get 5 hits, channel, unleash slash dash and get that 2.5 multiplier then break out radial javelin. See what I did there?

Super jump: I love the changes coming to this, I don't think people get that it's intended to be an escape tool. I like the potential it brings to the table for excal in terms of broadening his toolkit. People know that using melee on high level enemies can be dangerous but this power could make things a little bit safer. That air invis could save your life or open up the opportunity for a risk free unhindered radial blind or radial javelin. If you want more utility out of it slap on heavy impact and the enemies at your destination will fall too.

That's my two cents on this but can you look at his stats too oh mighty balance makers? I mean he's a melee frame with only 80 base stamina, while Valkyr the other melee frame has 150. See the issue here? He doesn't need to run any faster but that stamina is crucial to his ability to stay mobile and make the use of melee at the same time, please buff Excalibur's base stamina stat to 150.

Edited by Halisi

While I love the idea of adding invisibility to Super Jump (It seems to harked back to Dark Sector where Hayden's Proto Excalibur could become invisible as one of his powers - though Hayden himself could not jump at all, much less Super Jump)...

I don't see much value in it overall (unless the invisibility is subject to power duration mods and so could potentially still last after Excal lands - but the wording of the post "while in the air" seems to suggest that it only applies until he lands). I mean: does anyone actually have a big problem of getting shot while jumping? Still seems pretty useless. 

If however, power duration mods could potentially confer even 10 seconds of invisibility using a max power duration build, I could see this power having some value...

Otherwise, maybe you could spam this ability as soon as you land in order to remain invisible -- at the cost of having to be continually bouncing around, which is not the most conducive to useful stealth. 

This skill will be useful in pvp

This is plausible but the probabillity of it seems  to drop off with each pass on the new player tutorials.

I think it may have remained this way for so long because people tended not to use Excalibur this much. Maybe with the difficulty of events as people cycled through frames to see which attacks worked more efficiently it gained some exposure.

Either way lets talk more about the changed. They feel uninspired. By which I mean they are not unique and seem to be "like another ability but more limited". The new jump seems to be "like smokescreen but only in the air". The new 4 skill seems "Like miasma but with less utility and elemental damage". The new sla- oh wait there's no changes to slash dash.

Excalibur had these same sort of issues with not having a skill that acts in a way unique to him and having staying power. Radial Blind was his only ability like this and now its going to loose effectiveness with none of his other skills picking up the slack of fitting into each other neatly.

Radial blind is still going to be very effective, so I'm not really concerned with that. Same with the abilities being uninspired, that's not a huge problem.

What I am concerned with is that the abilities are a bit obtuse. Excalibur is supposed to be the perfect starter frame. While the new super jump tweaks seem quite good, and I'm sure vets will be able to use them to great effect, I'm worried they won't be very useful for new players. Most new players aren't familiar with invisibility mechanics, and complex utility generally confuses them.

What he should have are abilities that are straightforward and easy to use while still remaining powerful. Basically, an introductory move for CC/utility/nuking, to teach new players how to effectively use that type of ability before they move on to a more specialized frame. I'm worried that the new changes will make him powerful but confusing to use for players who have just picked up the game.

I still think that invisibility seems far fetched for excalibur. It doesn't really fit his theme or make sense logically (dont give me that space ninja logic BS, im talking about logically within the universe or his theme). I say that if you have the functionalityof invisibility, at least remove the actual visual effect to give the impression of enemies that it was an unexpected move ,rather than actually going invisible.

Im still wondering about slash dash as well. It seems whwn it come to any fames 1st ability, it never gtes the love it needs

(Mobile, spare me the insults)

Excalibur should be a balance between attack and mobility. He already has mobility and he will be more, what about damage now?

Speaking of - we have been discussing his abilities, but what about his stats? I know that I am not the only one here who thinks that it is weird and sad that - far from balanced, Excal has the worst stats.  Aside from decent armor, he has nothing really going for him. He is amongst the slowest frames around (which is weird - given that he is touted as a balance between attack and mobility) and has the same junky stamina that all frames have except for Valkyr and Hydros (not counting Ash and Nova with arcane helms equipped). 

But: Excal has average stats! Some of you are thinking now. 

Once upon a time, maybe. But now, most frames released since Frost have base speed higher than Excal's (or tied with it, as with Oberon). Even Nekros, Hydros etc. are faster than Excal.

My solution? Please buff Excal's stats. I would be satisfied with a mere stamina buff. At the very least give Excal Prime a stamina buff or something to make him more useful than Vanillla outside of the Void (where the ability to gain power from Void Orbs at least yields some relative benefit). 

Looking good. IMO, it would be cool if Radial Javelin amplified Tenno melee damage to enemies that survived the "bladestorm", what with energy swords stuck to their bodies and all.

As mentioned by others, Slash Dash changes are most welcome too.

What about the idea of making slash dash (and maybe radial javelin) scale with your melee weapon? I thought that was a really great idea and would actually justify him being a "melee-themed" frame.

Seriously

Is this not being done after all? (Would it make him OP? :o )

here's what i have to say about the proposed changes.

Super Jump - Invisibility? where did that come from. i countersuggest reduced Threat Level while using Super Jump, and also immune to Staggers and Knockdowns during it (if you aren't already).

Radial Javelin - hmm. it sounds good on paper, except that sounds like it won't be useful for combo'ing with Bullet Attractor anymore.

which is insane because that's one of like, 3 or 4 combo's Warframe has in total, and we need MORE of them, not less.

can we do both? hit Enemies specifically with a Javelin, but also shoot some out Radially? would let you skillshot enemies too, so they are guaranteed to take some Damage, but you can skillshot for a bunch more.

the guaranteed hits would be moderate Damage, and the Radial ones would be high Damage to reward skillshotting Enemies with those. and Bullet Attractor combo would still be intact.

dooo eeeeet.

The advantage in Radial Javelin is that it hits all targets within its area of effect, is not blocked by cover, and can hit any number of targets within range.  While they both share similar features, in function there are unique advantages to both in terms of crowd control viability.

but radial blind is faster and its a use-n-go stunning ability unlike radial javelin that locks you into making all those fancy animations after casting it.

Edited by Tar_Spit_Fire

All this things will not improve Excalibur, all this will destroy him, what the problem with radial blind in areas? What the next? DE will ruin Nova molecular power ?

What your problems guys? To create more difficult you re dont creat new challenges you only nerf chars and weapons? What do you have to say to players losting lot formas in chars to creat builds and you re just destroy skills ?

I have a suggestion, make a list with a chars, weapons or skills that you ll dont destroy in future with this "ideas of ballance". I tired to lost my time rising lvls in a weapon or char for nothing

Oh , try fix ash bladestorm ever full of bugs, or Ash will be next victim too?

Radial Blind constantly blinding enemies through walls and around corners was not only unintentional, but it was also kind of strange.  It didn’t really fit with what we wanted Excalibur to be about,

Radial Blind has been the same for years... how was this unintentional? It's an AOE stun like many of other stuns that work through objects like Bastille, Chaos, and Stomp. Off the top of my head i cant think of an AOE stun that is blocked by the environment, can some one refresh my mind on this? Freaking Vauban has TWO AOE abilities that go through objects.

And it didnt fit what you wanted Ex to be about? He is not meant to be an easy pick-up frame? A generalist that has one power of every type to covers all bases? Since when? Is this another case of the old, " Alternative to gun play" Volt thing? That's strange because this is the first time i am hearing about it.

which is why we’ve taken the time to look at his retinue of abilities.  It’s not about making one power less fun to play, but making Excalibur a more well-rounded experience overall.

What? You just said that you didnt want Ex to be well-round and now you are saying are going to make him more well-rounded. So which is it? Is he supposed to have a stun to cover that base or is he not?

How can you say a stun doesnt fit being well-rounded then say you are making him MORE well-rounded?

Super Jump:  It’s still an amazingly high jump (some would say it goes super high)

Who are these people saying this?

Do these people not know that you can have different rank mods to change the jump height?

Do these people not know that max rank Jump works well with Heavy Impact?

but as a bonus Super Jump will now add invisibility to Excalibur while in air.  Additionally Super Jump will cause a small radial stun to all enemies around Excalibur when performed, similar to the way Ash’s Smoke Screen works.

Good defensive additions.

It’s our hope that this change to Super Jump will make it less of a situational ability to reach high places, but also a utility tool for tight corridors or enemy-dense melee situations that you may not want to Slash Dash through.

I dont think you changed the situational use at all.

The bonus of invis will help when using it as an escape but that's the only thing you really did.

Offensive use only comes from maniacs like me that do add heavy impact and actually look for situations to use the power offensively. In fact, i think i could say that i was the only person, there's probably a handful, that actually used Jump offensively at any point.

Let's hope this works past the first couple of weeks.

Radial Blind: No longer able to affect enemies in rooms separated by walls. To encourage and facilitate different gameplay styles (like stealth),

What? You now lessen the number of enemies affected and that will encourage stealth?

I dont like saying this to you folks because it think it's a silly comment but i will have to say it now...... do you folks actually play your game?

One of the worst things about stealth in this game is that there is ONLY ONE patrolling path the AI takes as it walks around and if there are several enemies walking it creates HUGE bottlenecks of enemies in certain areas that you CANNOT get through totally cleanly without causing a big fuzz. And now you are going to tell me that loosing a tool to deal with that situation will encourage stealth? How the hell does Ex now deal with that situation now? Now i have to SnD or RJ them, now i have to create huge fuzz.

enemies aware of Excalibur within a few seconds or enemies that Excalibur can see will also be affected.

Wait..... so enemies NOT aware of Ex while casting will not be affected?

So you made even worst than the last version that you release?

I mean.... you cannot use RB outside of combat from what you describe.

You have to make sure the enemy is focused on you to successfully blind people now?

Radial Javelin:  All enemies within radius of this ability will now be hit with a javelin.  Instead of having this ability radiate out from Excalibur, javelins will now spawn directly around opponents.  Javelins will optimize to find a point on each enemy that is safe to be hit, bypassing enemies that may be holding shields or otherwise in cover. There is also no longer a target maximum for this ultimate, meaning anyone in the radius will be an eligible target.

Additionally, if the javelin does not kill the enemy then each target that survives will be put into stun for a brief period of time.

So you took away the bonus of RB and put them on RJ.

And im guessing this was done because RJ cost more so you think it wont be spammed as much?

I guess it wont at higher levels when dmg means less and less.

Unless that stun has some length....

Keep in mind that all of these abilities are still under review at this time, and further changes may occur during our ongoing development.  We currently have no ETA as to when these changes will go live, but we’ll of course keep you updated with further adjustments to Excalibur as we get closer to completing his update.

Being able to crowd control any amount of enemies, even for a short while, has proven to be a really valuable tool for Excalibur.  By opening his range of abilities to be a little more functional across all powers we’re certain that he’ll be a much more rewarding combatant against the enemies of the Lotus!

You did not succeed in making him more well-rounded. You took him down a few pegs as his late game use was cut some. You actually closed his range of abilities and made him less functional. Ex was one of the frames where i did not add flow and i think some times i may have not even put on streamline, but with what you did now you shifted his balance of power to his last ability which now means more energy, and that means the average player will be even MORE stuck on that tired build that everyone uses on every frame. And i may have to switched to as well. 

If the huge AOE range you can obtain from mods was too much then lower the range of the ability, problem solved.

Seriously, the lower the range is not going to cause that much of a stir and i think most people would agree.

Ok, here's an idea i just thought up that keeps the going through objects ability and it's not mega op.

How about making the ability a pulse?

When you cast it 3 flashes pulse out, each flash goes out a specific range that carries a lesser effect.

The first short range pulse carries the longest stun and blind effect, the medium range carries a medium stun and blind effect, and the longest range has a short stun and blind. To refine it a bit you can have the first pulse also carry an accuracy debuff, the middle is standard RB effects, and the last pulse could just play the stun animation without being blinded.

This way you dont turn off all enemies that you can reach. You will turn off the enemies close to the action and just stop the max range enemies for a bit which gives you time to deal with the situation. Because that's the point of a stun, a stun resets the fight and lets you have the upper hand in the battle again.

Right now the RB you describe is not a stun, that ability falls more in line with a disrupt ability. A disrupt ability just stops the current action the enemy was doing but does not stop the fight. Right now what you describes is an ability where you have no idea what effect it will have because you are not going to be paying attention to what every single enemies is doing at the time. You dont even know if it will help to the level you were looking for.

BTW, when are you going to fix Divebomb for Zephyr? That freaking power has never worked correctly.

Instead of rebuilding frames to make them even MORE what they are meant to be by changing everything you should be actually be fixing some powers that have not worked correctly since implementation.

Ew i sounded there like those folks that say, "Do you even play your game!" Which i probably sounded through his whole post. But seriously.... fix Divebomb. I wanted to play a crazy CC Zephyr since release and i havent been able to. And I dont feel like playing a Tornado Zephyr, everyone plays her like that.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

These changes look good, but there are a few suggestions I'd like to make.

Slash Dash

I have to agree with most people here. Increasing Slash Dash's status chance while connecting the ability to the melee combo counter could be beneficial for a couple of reasons:

- These changes could give the ability a decent boost in damage that will allow it to have greater use on higher difficulties in the Solar System.

- These changes would allow the player to incorporate Slash Dash with melee attacks as both would benefit one another. Not only would Slash Dash add to the counter and be affected by the combo multiplier, it would assist in keeping the current multiplier active.

Regarding higher difficulties, I'm not referring to two-hour T4 survivals or any instance of infinite scaling. I'm simply referring to common enemies found on the outer planets that heavily resist Slash Dash's damage.

In Damage 1.0, Slash Dash dealt serrated blade damage that completely ignored armor. Considering that enemy health and armor scaled differently back then, and considering that enemies had different health/armor stats, it was possible to use one or two Slash Dashes to kill most non-heavy armored units on Ceres. Now, hitting a level-25 Trooper with a 500-damage Slash Dash will only deal ~230 damage—roughly 20% of the Trooper's health.

This is fine though. Slash damage should have resistances, and enemies on higher-level planets should be more difficult to kill. I do think, however, the player could be allowed to build up damage for Slash Dash by connecting the ability to the melee combo counter. This way, Slash Dash can reach a higher damage potential should the player decide to work for it by building the combo multiplier. 

As for the increased status chance, this is to help restore Slash Dash's old damage potential through probability. It's called Slash Dash after all, and in its current state it has a fairly low chance of proccing bleed damage. I disagree with a 100% status chance as it would be too easy to deal thousands of armor-ignoring damage to large groups. A status chance of 25% - 50% would be more appropriate in my opinion, and this could encourage players to try to maximize the number of enemies hit per cast.

Radial Javelin

Radial Javelin could also benefit from an increased status chance while connecting the ability to the melee combo counter for similar reasons.

Radial Javelin dealt physics impact damage in Damage 1.0 which ignored the armor of most enemies (Grineer Seekers, Commanders, and Rollers were the exception). Having an increased status chance (forced bleed proc between 50% - 100%) along with the potential to increase the damage using the melee combo multiplier might help alleviate the damage loss Radial Javelin received as a result of Damage 2.0. These changes would also increase the synergy between melee attacks, Slash Dash, and Radial Javelin as each would benefit one another due to the combo counter.

If Radial Javelin had a faster recovery animation, Excalibur would have more time to keep the current combo multiplier active after casting.

As for the proposed utility, I'm glad that Radial Javelin's lack of usefulness on higher difficulties is being addressed. That said, I am a little disappointed that it's receiving a stun (which I assume will acquire the same stun animations used by all blinding abilities, Accelerant, Energy Vampire, and Miasma) instead of something a little more unique. For example, is it not feasible to have the javelins pin enemies to surfaces regardless if they are killed and incapacitate them for a fixed duration?

With the changes to Oberon's abilities, I was hoping that we could look back at some of the first generation Warframe abilities that have a clear lack of long-term utility and give them similar treatment. I just think more can be done to Radial Javelin's proposed utility buff in order to individualize it and make it feel like a unique mechanic that remains useful on higher difficulties.

If that is an undesirable change, then that's fine. Having a stun is better than having no stun at all.

Edited by PsycloneM

"Meh" is all I can really say. It is generic, boring, and doesn't contain a single shred of creativity. Nor will it change the playstyle in anyway. You've done nothing to slash dash, super jump is still a completely situational "I'm going to use this for the novelty and not so much of a efficiency standpoint" ability, and Radial Blind is gutted and no longer reliable (mobs behind cover, a lamp post, crate, another mob, a teammate, your kubrow, or constantly walking into the doorway 3 feet from you in a t4).

All you did is replace Blind with Radial Javelin (why use a cc that is unreliable when any damage will kill you when you can have a guaranteed stun albeit shorter) the go to spam. Don't even need to chase down targets anymore or use slash dash to quickly reach and dispatch before blind wears off. Yeah, we have another Sayrn that no one plays. 0

I'll give it to you straight...   

Because of the way this game scales enemies in HP, defenses, and damage while players do not scale in anyway, the most important things at levels 30+ are:   1.)  crowd control  2.) invulnerability.   Warframe defenses are shredded in seconds and enemies are too numerous to engage tactically. High level gameplay is defined by its reliance on ways to prevent symmetrical combat because symmetrical combat results in instant death.  Every time you touch anything that gives level-neutral crowd control or invulnerability, people are going to complain.  You changed Iron Skin, now it's useless at high levels, and people complained.  You changed Blessing, now it's useless at high levels, and people complained.  You changed Absorb, now it's useless at high levels, and people complained. And here we have Radial Blind...

It's like you have two different factions at DE fighting over the design of the game and we're the casualties.  One faction wants to make sure players can't do crazy long endgame runs by making it sadistic and impossible, taking away all the tools that work.  But the other faction keeps putting rewards in crazy long endgame runs so that we have no choice but to soldier on with increasing bitterness and resentment.

:-/

This. Endless scaling is BAD for balance. Especially if you take away EVERY tool we have that remains viable no matter the level of the enemies we fight. How can you not see that?^^'

Stop neutering players, and instead bring enemies in line with the rest of the leveled content. Or at least give us back some of the tools you've taken from us. Stop the "numbers strategy", use the "challenge strategy" instead. Because as much as some players say it, Warframe is NOT challenging. It can be punishing, or downright broken sometimes, but the difficulty only comes from the fact that enemies scale and we don't. And that difficulty is unfair, nothing else. Make it hard, but keep it FAIR. I understand that it's probably extremely difficult, but it has to be done if you want Warframe to be a true powerhouse in the video games world.

Back to topic: What about Slash Dash?^^'

Edited by Marthrym

Just gonna put this here in a spoiler because it would eat the whole page otherwise. Had to chop out the quote boxes as well (forum did not like so many).

I think the answer is that people want a slash dash look in? I know its just a first ability but it would be nice if it had some utility.

13 counts of people asking for it to do something with melee combo as well. I feel that would be nice.

All the slash dash requests so far:

Page 1:

(PS4)Folkeye, on 08 Oct 2014 - 4:26 PM, said:
Now only if Slash Dash would get a little bit of a conical effect when moving forward so if the target in your straight line moves, you'll get a little damage in still.

armedpoop, on 08 Oct 2014 - 4:29 PM, said:
Soo, no changes to Slash Dash at all huh? Sigh

manub, on 08 Oct 2014 - 4:29 PM, said:
3- does slash dash stay yhe same? you didn't mention it

Ritchel, on 08 Oct 2014 - 4:32 PM, said:
if slash dash would be faster like in those mainstream sword duel movies
with a slash sound or having to get additional dmg on ur current mellee weapon id be so happy

(PS4)i_illusion, on 08 Oct 2014 - 4:34 PM, said:
Add stun to Slash Dash, and give him better armor rating. And label him the Stun frame >.> at least then he has a purpose outside of "Beginner's frame."

Page 2:

Vaskadar, on 08 Oct 2014 - 4:37 PM, said:

Please, don't forget to adjust Slash Dash. It needs to add to the melee combo counter and scale off of it. It also needs a higher chance to bleed. Not forced bleed, mind you, but an increased chance in the very least.

Adding that melee combo multiplier would make Slash Dash usable in late-game content.

Xuimma, on 08 Oct 2014 - 4:40 PM, said:

Slash dash should be upd abit, lets say give it a bleeding proc?

RahuStalker, on 08 Oct 2014 - 4:52 PM, said:

While these changes are interesting my biggest concern is one a lot of people are asking for: What about Slash Dash?
I mean I can guess you guys just started making changes to Excal but Slash Dash is heavily outclassed by other abilities and it no longer feels as an ability unique to him. So please, Adam, if you could at least let us know if Slash Dash is even being looked at right now, that would be very, very appreciated.

Deidaku, on 08 Oct 2014 - 5:05 PM, said:

Why no  changes to slash dash? >_>

If one skill needs a revamp it's this one...

(PS4)iBoiz, on 08 Oct 2014 - 5:08 PM, said:

Aw no slash dash change.

Archwizard, on 08 Oct 2014 - 5:16 PM, said:

2) Is Slash Dash going to go on unchanged? No particular objection there - it's still fairly strong for a basic attack and a decent mobility tool to boot - but it also means there's a lost chance to give Excalibur more melee-oriented depth or innate synergy beyond just a gap closer (where upcoming Channeled aerial attacks may prove equally effective or even more efficient).

Page 3:

Deruser, on 08 Oct 2014 - 5:24 PM, said:

What about slash dash? Could we at least make it scale with our melee weapon or have some form of crowd control with it? Also, currently the length of the slash dash is controlled by duration, range seems to be more suitable.

FREQ1989, on 08 Oct 2014 - 5:26 PM, said:

While you're at it, look at slash dash. It used to be a great power, and now it is bad. It would be a real shame if all his other abilities got re-worked and slash dash was left in the trash tier.

Edit: I don't have any real suggestions because I stopped playing Excalibur after he fell out of the practicality pool of warframes.

Lagomorf, on 08 Oct 2014 - 5:47 PM, said:

1) Slash Dash. It's damage would be calculated next way: Base damage(affected by Strength mods) x Mellee combo multiplier x3(Only works whith combo bonus). It would make sence using this abbility on high levels if you have enough skill to get mellee combo and it will be still ballanced, as it is quite hard to get combo multiplier more than x3. And if you use Slash Dash whithout combo, it will just work as it is now.

VikingoX, on 08 Oct 2014 - 6:10 PM, said:

It would also be interesting to know if you have any plans for slash dash.

Phoenix86, on 08 Oct 2014 - 6:11 PM, said:

ADD 100% PROC RATE ON SLASH DMG TO SLASH DASH AT LEAST!

Stun from Superjump should happen both when starting and ending the skill (the stealth part is imho useless, dont really mind)

Page 4:

Hybridon, on 08 Oct 2014 - 6:36 PM, said:

Only last things that would be nice is change in stats, and making Slash Dash count towards the melee counter.

Ebohcalyps3, on 08 Oct 2014 - 6:54 PM, said:

What about slash dash, a lot of people seem to be wondering about this and have good ideas on how this can be improved, is it possible for us to at least know if you all are considering giving it another look, its tough to hear about the impending changes to his other powers while being kept in the dark about slash dash.

Hybridon, on 08 Oct 2014 - 7:00 PM, said:

For it to add to the melee counter, just that.

Darkmoone1, on 08 Oct 2014 - 7:06 PM, said:

Why is it that Slash Dash, one of the two abilities that needed the most changes, is getting nothing at all?

Archistopheles, on 08 Oct 2014 - 7:19 PM, said:

I agree with most people here. Slash dash needs a dash of utility to make a splash with the community.

Page 5:

Neocyberman, on 08 Oct 2014 - 7:41 PM, said:

The new sla- oh wait there's no changes to slash dash.

Azamagon, on 08 Oct 2014 - 8:14 PM, said:

Slash Dash - I hear crickets... What about this skill then? It needs some scalability (benefit from and towards melee combo, slash proc etc).

ThaMega, on 08 Oct 2014 - 8:17 PM, said:

I'm okay with most of these changes, although one of my personal concerns is that Slash Dash sounds like it's being unaffected by Excalibur's ability rework.

Some people have suggested some of the following:

- Slash Dash will always have a 100% slash proc.

- For every enemy hit, Slash Dash will add 1 combo to the melee combo counter.

- Slash Dash's damage will increase with the melee combo damage multiplier.

P1NK13P13, on 08 Oct 2014 - 8:54 PM, said:
What if...

Bear with me here,

What if slash dash had a charge function?

Like how Tigris had insane firing speed because of it's trigger, but with Slash Dash.

Page 6:

Halisi, on 08 Oct 2014 - 9:07 PM, said:

Dash & Radial javelin: I'm with the general consensus in terms of having these powers use the melee multiplier, Excal is the male melee frame after all. I'd also like to see the powers use your melees channeling multiplier, using either power while channeling would double the energy cost of activation. This would add more depth to Excal's playstyle and increase the applications of his powers. Use your melee to get 5 hits, channel, unleash slash dash and get that 2.5 multiplier then break out radial javelin. See what I did there?

RiouHotaru, on 08 Oct 2014 - 9:21 PM, said:

I think it wouldn't be unfair to have Slash Dash scale off the damage of the melee weapon, like how Hysteria does.

SgtFlex, on 08 Oct 2014 - 9:30 PM, said:

Im still wondering about slash dash as well. It seems whwn it come to any fames 1st ability, it never gtes the love it needs

(Mobile, spare me the insults)

Lukap99, on 08 Oct 2014 - 9:30 PM, said:

But what about Slash Dash? Will he get mid air animation because of the new directional air melee thing?

PsiWarp, on 09 Oct 2014 - 04:12 AM, said:

As mentioned by others, Slash Dash changes are most welcome too.

RyanGo, on 09 Oct 2014 - 04:30 AM, said:

What about the idea of making slash dash (and maybe radial javelin) scale with your melee weapon?

xShadowsaur, on 09 Oct 2014 - 05:54 AM, said:

Will slash dash be getting any changes?

Godhands, on 09 Oct 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

what about slash dash? :/

Page 7:

PsycloneM, on 09 Oct 2014 - 08:05 AM, said: snapback.png

Slash Dash

I have to agree with most people here. Increasing Slash Dash's status chance while connecting the ability to the melee combo counter could be beneficial for a couple of reasons:

- These changes could give the ability a decent boost in damage that will allow it to have greater use on higher difficulties in the Solar System.

- These changes would allow the player to incorporate Slash Dash with melee attacks as both would benefit one another. Not only would Slash Dash add to the counter and be affected by the combo multiplier, it would assist in keeping the current multiplier active.

Loubbo, on 09 Oct 2014 - 10:03 AM, said: snapback.png

You've done nothing to slash dash

Twistedsparkle, on 09 Oct 2014 - 10:12 AM, said: snapback.png

slash dash needs love too :/

Marthrym, on 09 Oct 2014 - 10:59 AM, said: snapback.png

Back to topic: What about Slash Dash?^^'

Edited by MDRLOz