Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur And You: A Guide To Upcoming Changes

DE_Adam

Reading is for casuals.

'Don't uz have anyz smartz at all? Readin's for foolz!'

Asking many of the people who post on a forum to read is kind of like asking a politician not to lie. Not going to happen.

Edited by Kalenath

WAIT a second... I found the logic loop hole.

So now excalibur learns how to spawn javalines near the enemies to hit them, but forgets to know how to spawn the light near the enemies to blind them.

So this 2 abilities are trading roles, when radial blind was far superior, cause when all hell is loose, utility is always better then damage abilities.

I'll give it to you straight...   

Because of the way this game scales enemies in HP, defenses, and damage while players do not scale in anyway, the most important things at levels 30+ are:   1.)  crowd control  2.) invulnerability.   Warframe defenses are shredded in seconds and enemies are too numerous to engage tactically. High level gameplay is defined by its reliance on ways to prevent symmetrical combat because symmetrical combat results in instant death.  Every time you touch anything that gives level-neutral crowd control or invulnerability, people are going to complain.  You changed Iron Skin, now it's useless at high levels, and people complained.  You changed Blessing, now it's useless at high levels, and people complained.  You changed Absorb, now it's useless at high levels, and people complained. And here we have Radial Blind...

It's like you have two different factions at DE fighting over the design of the game and we're the casualties.  One faction wants to make sure players can't do crazy long endgame runs by making it sadistic and impossible, taking away all the tools that work.  But the other faction keeps putting rewards in crazy long endgame runs so that we have no choice but to soldier on with increasing bitterness and resentment.

:-/

Well this about sums it up perfectly, thank you.

So now excalibur learns how to spawn javalines near the enemies to hit them, but forgets to know how to spawn the light near the enemies to blind them.

So this 2 abilities are trading roles, when radial blind was far superior, cause when all hell is loose, utility is always better then damage abilities.

Yep. One illogical thing is replaced by another. Well if this is a work in progress we still have a chance to negotaite with DE more utility based changes. I don't know about the rest of Excal players but I will gladly welcome utility ower strength (especially that skills do not scale).

Thank you for your time and explanation. I look forward to try out the new changes and form a new opinion on our beloved Excalibur. 

It would also be interesting to know if you have any plans for slash dash.

There is something I would like to ask you though, I have seen posts like this one from time to time in the forums:

a lot of people tend to forget that he is meant to be a balance between mobility and defense, an introductory to Warframe powers rather thana Power Warframe

Is it DEs intention to have the Warframe classifications like the above mentioned poster who basically states that Excalibur should be a "Mk.1 frame"?

Since that is not the impression I got while playing this game, the impression I got was that the only thing that should dictate which frame people use would be preference and playstyle. 

There are alot of illogic abilites in the Game. Just take Mirages Prism. It has the Same effect as Radial Blind when it explodes in the end and it will still go through walls. There is not one CC Abiltie that requieres LoS, except now Radial Blind from Excalibur because he was so OP before that everyone was using him and... Oh wait that wasn't excalibur.

Well now that Radial Blind is gutted you should also do the same to the blind part of Prism for Mirage because it works the same way. Also I hope that Radial Javelin stun scales off of something and has a shorter cast time otherwise it's useless, Super Jump will still be a situational ability and I hope for the love of all that is in this game that Radial Blind won't do the stupid things it did when it "accidentaly" leaked because if if it does Excalibur is litarry trash for anything high level (also I hope that 1 enemy won' block all the other enemies behind it from the blind).

Only last things that would be nice is change in stats, and making Slash Dash count towards the melee counter.

He could get a small buff in armor to around 80-90, a bit of a stamina upgrade also, something around 100. He is a frame that uses melee in his powers, it would be nice if that was also what his stats show, even if he is still a well balanced starter. :)

Great job DE.

What about slash dash, a lot of people seem to be wondering about this and have good ideas on how this can be improved, is it possible for us to at least know if you all are considering giving it another look, its tough to hear about the impending changes to his other powers while being kept in the dark about slash dash.

What about slash dash, a lot of people seem to be wondering about this and have good ideas on how this can be improved, is it possible for us to at least know if you all are considering giving it another look, its tough to hear about the impending changes to his other powers while being kept in the dark about slash dash.

I really don't see what can change with Slash Dash. I mean it propels you pretty far, does pretty good damage, is very low cost, and gives you invulnerability during its dash. What more could you want? I mean really I'm curious as to what people want out of this already well rounded ability.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I really don't see what can change with Slash Dash. I mean it propels you pretty far, does pretty good damage, is very low cost, and gives you invulnerability during its dash. What more could you want? I mean really I'm curious as to what people want out of this already well rounded ability.

For it to add to the melee counter, just that.

I am to put it shortly disappointed. I may have to wait to get these changes tried out for myself but if this is what a second pass to a frame whose skills fall off in utility looks like I don't think my excalibur or ember will be used for anything in coming patches.

A lot of other frames have issues where their skills lose viability early on and some even harder than excalibur. To the point at which rhino is a flat upgrade. For a starting frame or any frame that is something that should not occur. Furthermore if radia blind is to work this way going forward what about other frame abilities. The vast majority of frames with wide area skills all go through walls and that is what makes them so viable.

What is Excalibur's intended role is what I would like to know. When I first started playing I thought it was to strike a middle ground between casting and stealth. But he does not meet this idea. Please explain to me what it is that he does or is intended to excel at. If the answer is to be an all around frame that isn't enough. All frames have specialization, without it they don't tend to matter.

I used to doubt that there was a strong sense of how frames fell into gameplay from the design team. Now it is confirmed.

Radial Javelin:  All enemies within radius of this ability will now be hit with a javelin.  Instead of having this ability radiate out from Excalibur, javelins will now spawn directly around opponents.  Javelins will optimize to find a point on each enemy that is safe to be hit, bypassing enemies that may be holding shields or otherwise in cover. There is also no longer a target maximum for this ultimate, meaning anyone in the radius will be an eligible target.

So, It means I can just stand anywhere I want and spam Radial Javelin ?

Edited by SunalJaswal