Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shifting Sands 's Conclave Rating Restriction

Frostmire

I get wanting a challenge, and I don't always want to be a gun god, but...

I play solo a lot of the time, and I am not a perfectionist, or a completionist, or trying to be the best, or fastest. I'm playing a game to enjoy playing a fun game.  I know darn well that I am not the best player out there. Thus, even with my best rig for the mission, it was a nightmare.

It was frustrating. Not fun.

If I had grouped up... yeah. Probably would have gone better.

Did I WANT to hook up with a bunch of random, caffien-fuel, RUSH DO GO GO BLAM COMPLETE RAAAAAH people? No. Not really.

I'm rather glad for the comparatively uninteresting rewards, because really, the artificial cap is just something for the challenge runners, not average gamers who don't normally bother voicing their opinions.

My only real complaint about the cap is that it worries me. How many future events will follow the same trend, punishing casual and moderate players because the loud, powerplayer-ish types can't take a weapon off to give themSELVES a challenge without someone forcing them too?

Makes it more challenging.

But of course people will complain they can't bring their SUPEROMGOPBOLTORPRIMESOMAOGRIS or whatever.

I played it as Ash with Mk-1 Braton, Mk-1 Kunai, and Skana. We cleaned HOUSE. Left at 2198. But we COULD have gone a LOT further.

CORRECTION

THEY CLEANED HOUSE. you just got carried by those 2 or 3 with their SUPEROMGOPBOLTORPRIMESOMAOGRIS or whatever.

Better AI won't fix much, the problem is the whole game at the moment dependson two things, invincibility and high dps / cc, While the enemies infinitely scale and their dmg / armor / haveatthee increases, our resistance is still at max a few hundred shields and a few hundred health, what does this levae us with?

So very many things in game relies on tenno using their abilities to completely stop the enemies from even being able to react to us, this is where the challenge is gone, because before the enemies can even shoot us, we alkready ccd them into not being able tio do anythign, but it's nit ebcause of reason x or y, its because if we don't cc them, we're left totally defenseless vs their superior numbers and eventually superior armor

Because we absolutely have to stop the enemies before they come to us, the challenge feels lost. If you want a real challenge though, its always a lolzfest to take an unranked warframe with derelict keys on missions on pluto etc just to sewe how far you cna go  <3

Sorry to spoil it for you... but my 5-Forma T4 Loki Prime immortal Disarm build with Dakra Prime is at 555 Conclave, and with Dragon Nikana at 560 Conclave.

Conclave restrictions need to get a lot more tight in order to cut down on some builds, and that would be unfair on everyone else.

Where the hell is that Roller Derby Tactical Alert?

Nightmare: No-shields, Timelimit

Spy with 350 Conclave limit.

2nzS6lH.jpg

CORRECTION

THEY CLEANED HOUSE. you just got carried by those 2 or 3 with their SUPEROMGOPBOLTORPRIMESOMAOGRIS or whatever.

Oh... I was, was I?

You were there? You know my loadouts? My playstyle?

OF COURSE YOU DO! YOU ARE UBER AND I AM NOOB!

Not.

Funny. No one had Boltor Prime. No one had Soma. No one had Amphrex. No one had Ogris. We played as a... *gasp* TEAM!

Bad. We were so bad to do that. This game is not about anything stupid like co-op or teamwork. According to SOME people anyway.

But we had fun.

OH! NO! I SAID IT! I SAID THE 'F' WORD! DOOMED! WE ARE ALL DOOMED!

Edited by Kalenath

For these conclave things I tend to just unequip a primary and secondary leaving only melee. Oh and I ditch my sentinel too. However, this time I still kept my weak lvl 28 un-reactor'd Quanta. My Bo Prime was around the level 20's and my Mirage which I think was level 23. Came out with my Quanta nearly being level 30, Bo being maxed in addition to my Mirage. It was good fun but admittedly we did get swamped too often mid-way and I was 4'ing quite a bit. Don't think everyone had massively quality gear either but I didn't bother paying much attention. Managed to get just over 2K in our first run though.

Edited by Naith

Everyone is saying how easy it is, team wise, then maybe you should try it solo like I have, and to be honest I have not been able to complete it, it's great for ranking up though. Now I know everyone will say "well it is a coop game" but in reality it's not, it's both a coop and solo game. I think if they allowed another 100 points for solo play I would be ok with it but as it is I don't think it's possible as a solo player. To be honest I don't really care about the rewards IMHO they are kinda meh anyway. If someone has done it solo kudos to you and I'd love to hear your loadout:) 

I did it today, in the morning, with my 5 Forma'ed Excalibur Prime and my 3 Forma'ed Orthos Prime with other 2 guys (Loki and Nekros) in, I think, less then 40 minutes. 

Conclave rating is just a bad thing. There are many others ways to balance. 

Everyone is saying how easy it is, team wise, then maybe you should try it solo like I have, and to be honest I have not been able to complete it, it's great for ranking up though. Now I know everyone will say "well it is a coop game" but in reality it's not, it's both a coop and solo game. I think if they allowed another 100 points for solo play I would be ok with it but as it is I don't think it's possible as a solo player. To be honest I don't really care about the rewards IMHO they are kinda meh anyway. If someone has done it solo kudos to you and I'd love to hear your loadout:) 

Extractors currently seem to be unlimited. A lot of people are just starting the extractor then letting it get destroyed for quick cryotic, repeat until you hit the goal.

Did it with my fully maxed and modded dex furis and latron wraith, along with a level 14 Loki and level 19 kronen (and my dear shade of course)

Conclave just under 700

For some reason there was either inmense lag or the AI broke, because the enemies just stood there in hordes, shooting every once in a while, teleporting around the place, and the sand skates always left the excavators alone after taking out the shields, it was hilarious!

Edit: did it with a team, altough a rhino crashed near the end

RIP anonymous rhino player. We will remember your efforts

Edited by Gullim92

I think it was a step in the right direction, but it wasn't refined enough.

The idea of limiting your loadout is a nice way of adding challenge, but the conclave rating system is far from perfect. As others have said, instead of having to carefully choose what mods to use, they can simply use one powerful gun and unequip everything else. On top of this, warframe abilities aren't affected, meaning vortex/chaos/hall of mirrors/rhino stomp/etc etc etc. are all just as powerful as they would ever be.

A better way to add challenge to the game, in my opinion, would be similar to another short event we had in the past (that I can't remember atm). It was one where the only change to the enemies were they they output a lot more damage. They could still be killed just as easily, but they could now kill you very fast, so you had to think about how you would take out a room instead of charge through spamming abilities. If this were to be combined with a more detailed conclave system that looks at abilities and mods, then I think we could really be on to something.

Kinda silly that a pvp mechanic is starting to take hold in our PvE areas of the game, but a lot of people support it, so I can't complain without getting raged at >.>

yes... yes there will be lots of rage... because it is fun. I love being challenged in ways that include killing my enemies with one arm behind my back. Plus new players can benefit from it too. The mode obviously scales down to be much easier. So even a new player can come in, and have a blast. I took a Braton Vandal, Lato Prime, and Sheev. So a beginner could easily bring a Braton, Lato/lex, and skana to the fight, and really rock out.

Spammed Miasma on Saryn, kept extractors to 100% for boredom reasons even though power just needs to be slightly higher then time left.  Though I'll admit, the conclave rating was stupid and not needed.  Took a brand new frame, Miasma, Rage and Regeneration, cleared entire place without issue, left at 2k.

The problem with conclave rating is it seemingly has no tie to how things actually perform.

I had a helluva time meeting the conclave for the Shifting Sands. I insisted on using a freshly 30 Nyx Prime, but even with her relatively low conclave, I couldn't even equip many of my primary weapons (most have multiple forma) even without a sent, secondary, or melee weapon.

Bottom line was it was damned annoying with little rhyme or reason for why it was annoying. The mod and weapon ratings seemingly have no tie to ingame reality. Two thumbs down to the conclave rating system.

i can't believe people actually like this terrible design concept. conclave restriction is . if anything should be done, it's scaling enemies based on the present c rating ø of the group. not this BS.

tac·ti·cal/ˈtaktək(ə)l/

adjective

of, relating to, or constituting actions carefully planned to gain a specific military end.

In this case, players are asked to carefully plan their loadout before entering the mission.