The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Mods: Coming Changes

[DE]Rebecca

When I read the top half of the post I assumed 9 slots PLUS the aura, which would make sense as it matches what we had before for specialized builds and provides extra slots for people with generic builds, allowing folks to use less mainstream mods.

Yes, that "9 mod slots" got me excited for pretty much getting everything I wanted (I've been asking for ability mod removal a long time). Getting to the part where it said 1 aura slot + 8 other mod slots crushed my dreams.

why dont you guys just KEEP the 11 slots (aura Plus 10 non ability slots) so we can have more variation instead of less -_- 

I was talking with my clan about a week or 2 ago about why DE didnt just make warframe abilities part of the frames and let us use the 4 slots for other mods from the start......and you just did exactly this with these changes BUT cutting us down two slots to 8 :(

Edited by xcynderx

My favorite build...

AHsd1jV.jpg

Quick spam8sPagNP.jpg

* Looks like I will have to deal with having 1 less slot for utility mod. :(

* My polarized slots will become even more redundant for mod capacity. (I have adjusted the polarities through Miasma duration change, Molt energy cost change, addition of Quick Thinking mod and armor change)

* One of the polarized slot will be removed along with the ability slot. I hope I can choose which one to make sure the result is compatible with all my builds. Or better, give me 1 chance to re-polarized all of them.

Well f***

Some of my warframes have 1 ability and 9 mods that boost that ability and the warframe itself.

Now i will get only 8, meaning i have to remove something.

Thanks DE for screwing the perfect builds i got so attached to.

Everything is fine with 2,3 or 4 abilities, but some players might use 1 or even none at all, for those players removing a mod is considered unwanted.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

The saved Mod points from no longer hosting those abilities isn't a minor difference. Anything being done about that, or is everyone just going to enjoy some effectively free mod points?

Also, are all frames present at the time of the change going to have maxed out skills? Or will the skills be maxed out based on the leveling of the Mod Card? I've got a few warframe abilities I've left at Rank 2 because I didn't think Rank 3 was worth the extra 1 Mod Point.

Edited by Sines314

Oh wowowowowow, wait wait wait DE, stop right there! While the removal of abilitiy mods is great and such, looking at most of my warframes makes me really DISLIKE those coming changes. Most of my warframes are one-trick-ponies. My Nekros is completly dedicated to desecrating, Nova is there for her M-Prime and so on. So currently I have 1 aura slot + 10 mod slots. 1 mod slot is reseverd for the ability leaving me with 9 mod slots to modify my warframe and the ability. While this is a pretty tight fit for most of my builds allready you are now going to reduce the mod slots I can use to modify my stuff to 8? Great! This is by FAR the WORST nerf EVER!

Have you guys even thought this through? Why are you punishing us with every change you make?

Thanks, but no thanks I would rather keep the ability mods than having them removed with the current way you want to implement it.

Are you kidding me? Free abilities and 2 extra mod slots is a nerf?

edit: God damn. I thought for once DE found something that people can't cry too much over since it's a general and huge buff in every way imaginable. More mod points freed up, all abilities available at all times, and much less reason to forma  warframes. Guess I was wrong. Warframe forums - you never cease to amaze me.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I have question about the new system :

1) How forma affect ability ranking.  When you use a forma on a frame does the ability ranking get also reset ?

2) How grindy will it be and is the ranking cap the same as now ? (meaning if slash dash has 4 rank now (0/1/2/3), it will also have 4 rank in the new system)

3) The leveling part is global or per mission ? (meaning you lose progress and have to restart next mission, think like MOBA-style)

And a quick note that it will nerf some build that are heavily formated and relied only one ability,  I can think about my desecrate Nekros for exemple that used the 9th slot.

Note 2)  Its cool to give forma back for the 2 removed slot but it won't give use the time we spend releveling to 30, and I formated a lot of frame.  why not give ''super forma'' that give a polarity without a reset of level for those who lose slot like this ?  Im not saying to add this to the game permanently, just temporary to compensate.

i really like the basic idea of these upcoming changes, actually i had something like this in mind some weeks ago. however what i dont like about it is that we will be loosing 2 valuable mod slots. i mean why do we need this? finally there wont be any more wasted mod slots for ability mod cards and we could have so much more possibilities to personalize our builds (e.g. UTILITY mods). in my opinion you should keep the amount of 11 mod slots.

Edited by The3doM

I think that the original post should be updated to explicitly state which two ability slots will be removed so that people who want to keep their swapped polarities don't have to re-level their frames with the refunded forma.

Edited by Cisor

Wait till you discover you can't even *use* Desecrate till level 25. And they 'refunded' two of your Forma so now you have to level him to 30 twice more. ./facepalm

On the devstream they said that all abilities are unlocked by lvl10-15. They didn't remember the exact level, but it is the same level they were unlocked at before the mod system was added.

Seriously though, I only really play three frames: Frost, Nova, and Nekros. Frost has two useless abilities and one panic button only useful against infested, Nova has a useless ability and a movement ability that is so clunky that it is nearly unusable, and Nekros has two useless abilities and a panic button that makes it harder to kill stuff. No matter what my build is on all three of them, I am either losing a slot or breaking even.

Why are slots even being taken away? 8 slots is enough to fit all the powerful mods. The only thing really left for the last two mod slots are situational, personal preference mods. Does making room for Handspring, Loot Detector, or Master Thief really unbalance the game?