Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Mods: Coming Changes

[DE]Rebecca

For those worried about their polarities....

Move your forma'd polarities from the typical Warframe ability slots and place them into the normal mod slots. There - you don't lose any of your "time spent".

After the change, simply move your polarities back to where you wanted them. Of course, if you went bat S#&$ insane with forma and somehow have more than 8 polarities on one of your warframes, you'll have to go ahead and get reimbursed. But for those of us who've only forma'd a few times, this should work.

Can anyone from the devs confirm it? Because, if it's true, I'll just switch slots to be able to don't lose time and Formas used. 

Edited by Latronico

When it comes to removing the ability slots, PLEASE, remove slots that were not polarized first. I realize there will be a forma refund, but having to level a frame twice because the auto selection of slots refunded on to polarized slots but didn't change the other 2 that were left as ability slots would just kind of suck. If that makes sense..

So I was a total idiot and sold 2100+ ability mods when I heard they were going to be removed from our inventory during the Livestream. Just read they'll be turned into fusion cores... 

I don't think they'll turn unranked ones into fusion cores.

What if I Forma'd a slot that is staying to have no polarity?

Will I get a Forma back or do I just lose it?

this, and other things

- What slots are staying. 

- what happens if i've got unranked ability cards, do I have to rank that ability up? 

- What happens when it comes to transitioning to primes? Like if I were to build nyx prime, despite having nyx with ranked abilities, would I have to level nyx prime's abilities? (the same for the other way round. If I built frost when I have frost prime with all abilities maxed) 

-If I forma'd a frame that I'm now leveling up again and that forma is taken away; what do I get for my trouble of leveling the frame up? Immediate level 30?  a free forma that doesn't require a reset? XP boosters, credits, cores, a free potato? What? 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Warframe Ability Mods: Coming Changes

What if I Forma’d/Polarized the 2 slots being removed?

Any Forma spent on Polarizing these 2 slots will be reimbursed.

I have forma'd my Rhino 5x, 2 of those were to change ability slots to different types and then moved them to new locations. If you are going to reimburse me for the 2 ability slots I forma'd, does this mean I will have to forma my Rhino again 2 more times to get those two polarized slots back?

While I'm very excited for the removal of ability mods completely. I don't like that we'll only have 8 normal mod slots left. I use many builds with 9 normal mods currently and all those will lose an utility mod, which won't make my frame weaker, but will affect "quality of life" instead...

In my opinion not removing any slots would be a better choice.

Edited by Naftal

I have to ask what about people like me who have used its frames abilities hundreds of times and spent all this time, and now my powers are going to get reset and i get some fusion cores to fix it, i feel like i wasted a lot of time.  

If I read it right, we'll be able to skip right past that problem, but only as long as the frame's old. New ones will suffer the infliction of slow leveling.

It appears that removing the abilities will also remove their COST in terms of mod points.

So everyone with maxed warframes could have too many mod points.

Players will probably want to be able to remove useless formas, think about it DE.

Edited by Lluid

So basically my desecrate only nekros is getting a nerf from 9 to 8 augmentation slots... The augmentation mods I use to boost desecrate make his other 3 abilities USELESS, and now I have to choose which of 9 mods to get rid of for this change...