Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Ability Mods: Coming Changes

[DE]Rebecca

Ofc, you need to run a lot on most maps. Woah. It's like you never played the game before :-).

Have you played the game before? You have unlimited stamina if you move properly (and faster than sprinting).

But this is getting off topic.

EDIT: Also, it's not buffing Desecrate. Everyone needs to move around maps. It's a perfect example of an utility mod (that however is not needed due to stamina being irrelevant).

Edited by Naftal

I can't come up with any 1 ability build that uses more than 6 or maybe 7 mods to buff an ability.

Here's one I just whipped up on the fly - excuse the pun. Albeit, it's a really crappy build because I don't have my Zephyr forma'd to that playstyle, but it just goes to show you builds like these can and do exist.

Note that the only things I've modded to alter are power duration, range, efficiency, and strength.

XXndFxj.jpg

Edited by DJ_Redwire

General statement for people who stand still and press a particular ability over and over without using any others. the 4th ability tends to be that ability, thus I used it in my example.

Hahahahahahahhaha.... this dude thinks you should stand still with Invisibility triggered on Loki. You realise the mobs react to sounds and gunfire now right? (Also, even for people who spam Radial Disarm on Loki instead of Invisibility, its not advised to stand still... those batons HURT if they ever hit you).

Seriously, your every response seems to show that it's you who lack imagination... and the ability to think past your own narrow prejudices to consider the wider scope of warframe use among the playerbase.

What if I Forma’d/Polarized the 2 slots being removed?

Any Forma spent on Polarizing these 2 slots will be reimbursed.

What if I Forma’d/Polarized the 2 Ability slots that are staying?

If you Polarized these slots, the Polarization choice will stay. If you did not Polarize these slots, they will have a default unassigned Polarity.

I think It would be better to remove empty (non-polarized) mod slots.

I removed ON PURPOSE, 2 of my frames ability polarities, on all my frames, exactly cause 4 abilities never was really needed, and at the same time I would create a polarities for a mod I needed.

If the devs make this, I will have to polarize all my frames again, or at least part of them, if the slots chosen by me are the same as the ones chosen to be eliminated.

That is way too much work, and even reimbursed forma wont cover for all this work.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII

Dropping it down 2 slots means my Loki, Ember and Nekros builds are broken.

1 Single Ability is used on these frames in my play style and 9 mods make the most it and other aspects like mobility.

This effectively makes those builds less useful.

I agree with removing ability mods in this way but dropping it down 2 slots is not useful and is going to COST DE money as there will be almost no need to forma anything anymore.

Anyway, I really hope you consider allowing 10 + 1 slots on frames so we can finally have build diversity and all our abilities.

I am very, very upset about this. I use every single slot for my build, and thats with only one slot for abilities. This means that my invisibility build will now be one mod short, making me sacrifice one of my mods. So this means that i cant finish quite a few builds. As i said, very upsetting

Bad example. No one uses that kind of build unless it's a joke.

Just because you missed the point of the example doesn't make it a bad example. You have said, or in the very least implied, that there are no one-ability builds that utilize nothing but mod support. I gave you an example that disproves that.

Whether or not the build is useful or practical is arbitrary. 

Just because you missed the point of the example doesn't make it a bad example. You have said, or in the very least implied, that there are no one-ability builds that utilize nothing but mod support. I gave you an example that disproves that.

Whether or not the build is useful or practical is arbitrary. 

I said that, but I implied serious 1 ability builds.

Erm, but we can move polarities around, how will I know whether I Forma'd a slot which is staying or going?

On every frame I Forma'd away one ability and moved the three ability slots together, so I don't know which one I originally chose...

Why not?

If you Forma'd 1 or 2 ability slots you will keep those new polarities.

If you Forma'd a 3rd or 4th, reimburse Forma.

Seems more logical to me, but there of course may be practical issues I'm unaware of with the script needed to determine this.

Yes, DO THIS DE.

Your logic makes more sense than the one currently on the main page.

Cause from what I'm reading, me and allot of ppl will loose polarities based on witch ability slot we randomly choose to polarized in the past, cause we never expected this change coming at us.

--------------------------

EDIT

Was thinking and that may be bad too.

Removing blank slots might be better.

Step 1

Make all remaining ability polarities blank

Step 2

Remove 2 blank mod slots

This way, even those who polarized all their ability slots, can keep the polarities they have worked on.

But the problem still persists, if a frame haves all the slots polarized.

Edited by 7grims

I used one forma to change polarity on a slot from "//" to "V" and then a second forma to make it neutral(blank).

How many refunds will I get?

Will refunded formas change polarity without ranking back to zero? I think they should...

Considering I often use one ability on a frame this change will weaken my builds significantly.

Will there be changes to existing mods compensating for this? And I don't want level 15 Serration, I talk: improve stats on current levels.

Eccentric but fun mods for weird builds turn into useless? Who will even consider using Maglev now?

I'll be honest, I would much rather have neutral abilities that every warframe could use.  Given that many veteran players have custom builds that use all 10 mod slots, this is actually a nerf and one that will cause a lot of problems from the reduced mod capacity and trying to fit exactly the right polarities onto a build.

While I understand the intent of this change, it is coming far too late and will incur many, many unforeseen problems when trying to fit mods into the reduced number of slots with existing forma'd polarity slots.  Also, this means there will be more points for fewers mods, so just as with melee stances, many forma will have been wasted with this new change in effect.

Yes, this is a beta, but given how long the game has been in beta some form of compensation will be required beyond fusion cores for the heavy forma investment that most players have made into their warframes.  At this point the only recourse I see is to offer a warframe reset and refund all forma invested.  Good idea, but far too late to make any real difference, especially as this game already launched on XB1.  I guess the new player experience is intended to simply confuse the players into quitting.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

That feel when you've polarized all but one of your Saryn's ability slots and modded her out to use nothing but miasma burst/stuns because her other powers are all entirely useless against level 60+ enemies.

Can uh, we get some changes to miasma now so that it's actually better to build around the old duration setup which benefits the other three powers but currently only negatively affects miasma?

Edited by SanguineXIII

Yes, DO THIS DE.

Your logic makes more sense than the one currently on the main page.

Cause from what I'm reading, me and allot of ppl will loose polarities based on witch ability slot we randomly choose to polarized in the past, cause we never expected this change coming at us.

I would imagine there is in fact code support that indicates what polarized slot were "1/2/3/4" where your '4th ability slot' is still your '4th ability slot' even though you may have forma'd it in the past and what slot that actually is now is unclear from being polarized and moved around. If that turns out to be true I would imagine that's a viable solution to that issue.

Abilities also carry over conclave ratings... which means the future tactical alerts will be harder to pull of with a optimised build though.

Unless we can 'deactivate' some of the abilities / underclock them would be great.

So which ones are you going to remove again?

bastilleb.jpg

I'd like to know before I go swap my polarity places in order to avoid having Forma my Vauban again.

EDIT: I would also raise my concerns about the 8 remaining mod slots. As you can see my build above which I use for T4S etc. uses all 9 mod slots with my Bastille. Hard to just pick one and leave it behind... Otherwise great news.

Edited by Judqment8

They should just keep it 10 slots. They said they'll be adding skill augmentation mods. So losing 2 slots only to have to use em for these new mods won't be helping any1. Please DE listen to your players and just leave it at 10 mod slots and 1 aura. Why punish us for this change?

Unless we get 8 mod slots 1 aura and 2 skill augmentation slots then I'll be happy.

@wightSpider

5 forma on Frost is overkill but yeah, I agree that they need to offer a refund for forma since we will have extra mod points after this change and most polarity slots will not longer be needed.  It's like DE is trying to punish the long-time players who have invested heavily into their builds.

What if I Forma’d/Polarized the 2 slots being removed?

Any Forma spent on Polarizing these 2 slots will be reimbursed.

What if I Forma’d/Polarized the 2 Ability slots that are staying?

If you Polarized these slots, the Polarization choice will stay. If you did not Polarize these slots, they will have a default unassigned Polarity.

It would be good to know which 2 of the 4 default ability slots are going to be removed so that people can swap polarities around before the update rolls out so they can determine which 2 of the ability slots shall get removed.

This is especially important in situations where the script might remove 2 slots that are polarized, but would add unassigned polarities for the other 2 slots rather than swapping the polarized slots there. It least if the script doesn't consider this situation anyways.

But it would also help for people who have forma'd more than 2 ability slots (for whatever reason) so they can determine which of the 2+ polarized slots they want to see gone rather than the script deciding that for them.

Edited by MeduSalem