The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can The Vectis Hate Ever Stop?

UnknownGunneryChief

I got my Vectis to 30 after the 4th Forma yesterday and finished my build 2 days ago. I've used it during these 2 days on 19 T4 survs and every time I'd get most kills, most damage dealt and least taken, while also helping the team by constantly taking care of LS while they use entire mags of their Boltor P's on a single heavy gunner in point-blank range...and also reviving them. Tons of times. (My loadout was Loki P stealth build, Vectis, Marelok, Dual Zoren and a Sahasa, 1700 CC or so)

And almost every time I would get flamed for being a noob for using Vectis. People kept telling me "use Paris P 50 times better omg u idiot kid". It's not their problem I don't like the arrow arching and travel time or the charging, and prefer pin-point hitscan headcritting for days. Or just sniping in general.

So, what is it with the Vectis hate? Do YOU hate it?

Edited by UnknownGunneryChief

I got my Vectis to 30 after the 4th Forma yesterday and finished my build 2 days ago. I've used it during these 2 days on 19 T4 survs and every time I'd get most kills, most damage dealt and least taken, while also helping the team by constantly taking care of LS while they use entire mags of their Boltor P's on a single heavy gunner in point-blank range...and also reviving them. Tons of times. (My loadout was Loki P stealth build, Vectis, Marelok, Dual Zoren and a Sahasa, 1700 CC or so)

And almost every time I would get flamed for being a noob for using Vectis. People kept telling me "use Paris P 50 times better omg u idiot kid". It's not their problem I don't like the arrow arching and travel time or the charging, and prefer pin-point hitscan headcritting for days. Or just sniping in general.

So, what is it with the Vectis hate? Do YOU hate it?

It is correct to say that the Paris Prime, and bows in general are supreme compared to Sniper rifles, which is a problem.

However, the Vectis is still strong as long as you can headshot, play how you want, the games not really hard anyway.

they're objectively correct though.

Dread or ParisP IS superior. (Edit: oh, and Lanka is up there too)

that doesn't mean Vectis doesn't work just fine though.

if we strip the ignorance from the flaming you get, i imagine they mean that considering it has one round in the magazine and has little to no sustained fire, just like Bows, that you might as well use ones that do more Damage in their one shot.

Edited by taiiat

I enjoy my Vectis. Just not as much if there's a team or a friend plowing through the targets I'm aiming for. It's not a fast gun, needs a little skill and time to get the kill. But the insta kill weapons keep getting in the way. I tend to use it on my own for distance exterminates. 

I do have my Specter load out with the Vectis. He's much better with it than I am. Pretty neat looking.

The Paris Prime is 'better' on paper, BUT if your personal preference and honed skills lean towards the Vectis, then using the Vectis will overall be more effective.

I've played thousands of hours in Battlefield 3 and 4, pretty much only sniping. So yeah, I think I'm not that bad at it.

they're objectively correct though.

Dread or ParisP IS superior.

that doesn't mean Vectis doesn't work just fine though.

if we strip the ignorance from the flaming you get, i imagine they mean that considering it has one round in the magazine and has little to no sustained fire, just like Bows, that you might as well use ones that do more Damage in their one shot.

As I said, when I can get pin-point hitscan headcrits dealing over 1 million damage when I proc (and my build has 85% status chance), I guess I can safely say my Vectis makes bows look like Nerf guns. Those barely pull off .5 million even with redcrit headshots.

5 forma vectis ftw. Ignore what these people have to say, a lot of them see "boltor prime best weapon in the game" and look no further. Some of us actually enjoy having fun with other weapons. More fool them tbh.

5 forma? What is your build? :D I fit everything I want and still have some mod points left over with 4 formas :D

forgot this weapon was in there have to search it in the storage room

p.s. whats your build

Serr, Split Chamb, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Crit Delay, Charged Shot and 90% toxin and electric mods for Corr (forgot the names lol). OHK at it's finest.

I use Heavy Cal, Serration, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Corrosive Damage (2 mods), Split Chamber, and Metal Auger.

Since Sniper rifles still don't have innate punch through for some reason, even though this is the future, while .50 cals today can pass through even armor, I have to use a punch through mod.

I have respect for anyone not using weapons like Boltor Prime and Soma. I have greater (personal) respect for those of us who use weapons like bows, snipers (as under-appreciated as they are), semi-auto and burst-fire rifles.

Vectis is an extremely powerful weapon and just as viable as a bow, especially in higher levels where a sniper rifle's higher status and high damage would likely pose far more effective since it's hitscan and doesn't need to charge (though it takes about 0.2 seconds for me, but could still mean death).

I think I can speak for a decent population of the forums when I say we tolerate snipers in T4.

I have respect for anyone not using weapons like Boltor Prime and Soma. I have greater (personal) respect for those of us who use weapons like bows, snipers (as under-appreciated as they are), semi-auto and burst-fire rifles.

Vectis is an extremely powerful weapon and just as viable as a bow, especially in higher levels where a sniper rifle's higher status and high damage would likely pose far more effective since it's hitscan and doesn't need to charge (though it takes about 0.2 seconds for me, but could still mean death).

I think I can speak for a decent population of the forums when I say we tolerate snipers in T4.

The Vectis alone is viable, however Bows are still more effective due to their high crit rates.

The reload time of the Vectis if you reload cancel is the same as the Bow's charge time.

You're basically trading hitscan for over 2x damage. Bows are strictly more viable.

I use the Vectis because I love Snipers, and am constantly hoping they receive another buff, or that the weapon specific mods coming from the Syndicates will give them the push they need. Until then, the Archwing's Railgun can hold me over for awhile hue.

Vectis is a high damage, slow firing weapon with insane accuracy.

Many people don't like slow. (SPRAY AND PRAY) or accurate (BOOM!) They HAVE to follow the crowd and do the FTW. (Whatever it is THIS week)

If you enjoy it? Use it. if not? Don't. Simple as that.

I enjoy mine.

I don't, as long as people know what to do and aren't in bleedout every 15 seconds, I'm fine with what people bring.

I'm in the same exact boat lol.

I also realised I never actually pay attention at all what people bring/use sometimes (gotta fix that lol), but still, as long you're not in bleedout every 15 seconds, I'm fine with whichever you like using!

-snip-

aBGFW90.png

you didn't, say that actually, and please don't skew number results with exterior multipliers.

on paper alone, let's use Dread, w/e. - a RedCrit is about 2000 Damage more than Vectis with the sort of Loadout you suggested. that is including Critical Delay and Charged Chamber.

ofcourse, Lanka is just slightly under double Damage of all the choices. this is presuming that only Lanka can accept Heavy Caliber, and that the Bows and Vectis will be too inaccurate otherwise. Lanka is not using Charged Chamber.

(Edit: oops, sorry, i forgot to add the Headshot Multiplier :( so Lanka is slightly under quadruple Damage. (i didn't bother counting Crit Weakpoint hits or Crit Status for any of the Weapons)). wait a second, i didn't calculate Headshot Multipliers for any other Weapon. ignore that.

this is before Normalization, which only increases larger numbers more obviously, so i didn't bother.

now, i do convene that Status Crit Headshots further multiply, however if you have more Damage to start with, then these multipliers will still result in higher numbers, so.

more importantly though - 

anyways, in 'srsmode', i suppose it doesn't really matter, because 5 digits(6 if you want to overkill enough to be absolutely safe) will guarantee kill anything in the game. (excluding Bosses who are just walking Health Bars)

so all options do more than enough Damage to kill with one shot.

Edited by taiiat