Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo, Development And Feedback

DE_Adam

There are other things that you may want to add to that list!

1. Cataclysm should not shrink. It forces players to get a little too cozy with each other and enemies.

2. Visuals. The Rift has some visuals that can be a bit painful to the eye. Surely there is a better way to show when you are in the Rift.

3. Not "an ‘unbanish’ action should be possible by Limbo" but "an ‘unbanish’ action should be possible by allies".

Limbo is so squishy that he can easily use the ever-shrinking cataclysm and just get wrecked while inside.  Even using Cataclysm, then Rift Walk, followed by Rift Surge and standing outside of the aoe to shoot I have had to run away because the enemies can just shoot right back and tear through my tissue paper shields.

What I would like is for Limbo to have a defense buff in the rift.  Maybe that could be an additional effect of Rift Surge?  Something very noticeably ala Mirage's Eclipse when in shadows.  Then it would be worth it to cast Cataclysm + Rift Surge and go in to gun/cut down the enemies inside.  It would make it so the that rift is a place where he really rules, which is not the case right now.  

Considering limbo has little ability damage and low health/shields, I feel that I should at least be able to combine these powers in a meaningful way that allows an appropriate payoff for the cost.  Right now that just doesn't happen and it's much safer to just rift walk and banish enemies to kill them one by one.  This is painfully slow and ultimately detrimental to group play because you just aren't getting much done.

Lots of potential in this one, and love the design/animations.  Hope to see good things for him in the future.

This just my opinion

Banish should like Pull - Mag single cast - multi target

Combined : Banish + Rift Walk should fine for me

but about you can't pickup anything while you using Rift Walk should fix to aura skill everything in X m will be sent to rift, so that will make sense why you can pickup the resource.

Rift Walk should get some buff while you are in rift like damage reduce , I know you can't get any damage from enemies outside the rift but when you/enemy stand in same dimension you just can't do anything with endgame enemies in 1 vs 1 gameplay like ppl said, you just can survive when enemies not in same dimension..........

Rift Surge must reduce cast time, just look at Eclipse - Mirage that skills will get damage multiplier and reduce but that casting times just only 1sec or less !!? and PLEASE try to make this skill can deal multiplier damage to enemies who not the same dimension with yourself.

Cataclysm resource in skill area should be able to pickup like suggest on above, But ofc this skill will be useless if you try to compare with Electric Shield or Snow Globe since you can't shoot enemy outside the Cataclysm and don't have any debuff on enemies who inside the area, you told that Limbo is "Void Wizard/Sorcerer" At least gave DOT(damage over times) when enemies went inside the Cataclysm not just when them walk pass the skill and take only 300 damage and do nothing.

I know DE try to make him out like Support frame ..... but how did he will work with Support role ? he can sent other/self to rift and gain 2 energy per sec? Trinity will take that place she can restore 400 energy in 3 sec, Can make Invul time for teammate/self revive other but that mean you can't do anything too, Wizard with high damage output ? Mirage take that place , Defense Frame ? Volt / Frost will take that place

so i have no idea why i need to playing him after finish leveling him to 30.

Edited by Shafilp

I say keep rift walk separate. How about making the animation to rift walk quicker by having him do the twirl he does in the unarmed, noble state?

Let allies back-flip to go out of banish.

Rift surge should be changed to something that makes the void unstable. this could synergize with cataclysm by draagging enemies into and out of rift plane (void throwing and spitting foes out). Or, tweak it to give a bigger multiplier and shorter animation, like click of the finger-much more showman like, no?- and buffs to health or debuffs to foes. Being in a foreign plane should, i think, continuously damage them.

Cataclysm should give of a massive shockwave when it disappears. Like the Void portals collapsing-it makes sense. Enemies can be knocked down and stunned for some time, or blown off. That would make it really cool! 

How about making banish like teleport a bit- you knock them down and appear before them in the rift plane? opens them up for finisher too. Now that would be awesome. Rift walk can still be toggleable and a separate ability, but banish would let you perform this unique function.

One question(I don't know, can't finish the quest), but it looks like the heavily-agreed-upon idea of "when limbo enters/exists the rift, he should cause a PBAoE" doesn't appear to have been implimented from what I've seen/read.

Can that be added if it's not there, and does anyone disagree with the idea of it?

EDIT: And before someone asks, "Point-Blank Area of Effect", or, in lay terms, "'SPLOSIONS!"

Edited by Llyssa

Glad to see that the idea of combining Rift Walk and Banish has been noticed. :)

Also, I feel like the rift plane should grand more advantages to the user and frendly units inside, a speed buff and firing speed buff for exemple, while decreasing the effectiveness of enemy units.

I didn't think the rift had any utility when using the ultimate. Banish and rift walk has obvious advantages with taking no dadamage, but that advantage dissapears once the rift is opened. Allies that are banished should be reversed once they step inside the rift and vise-versa. A change to allow players to "de-banish" themselves, or at least have an aura of rift to still deal damage would effectively solsolve 90% of the utility issues. At first I wanted more utility, but then studying his potential if all his abilities worked in a way that, well, worked, I think he would be a great niché support. Edited by RebornNemesis

[*]Banish has already been updated to receive ‘a recast’, but we’re currently thinking about combining Banish and Rift Walk into the same power to help minimize mandatory ability rotations.

Yes, yes and yes. I like this idea - combining Banish and Rift Walk as one power. And I hope this will happen soon.

Edited by ndantony

Don't understand why combine Banish and Rift Walk. Banish should take allies and enemies in and out of the rift and Rift Walk should take Limbo in and out. If there is one power that could use a makeover it's Rift Surge. The damage buff could just be a passive effect of being in the rift then a skill on it's own.

Honestly, if u're going to make a way for ALLIES to leave banish, make it so it seems that they're using Limbo's energy to do so (like add some effect to it with the Limbo's energy color)
It would make no sense that any warframe can simply have the ability to move out from the plane themselves IMO. As it's LIMBO the one who has control over it.

Other than that, I agree allies should have the option to leave the rift. And I don't agree with Rift Walk and Banish being merged.

Edit: By "any warframe having the ability to leave" I mean.. if all warframes can leave the rift at will... half of Limbo's unique design is thrown out the window, that's why I say it would be better if allies COULD choose to leave the rift, but something should be made so it seems like it's still Limbo's ability that they can choose to leave.

Edit(2): About Riftwalk+Banish... I don't know how I feel about it.. them being separated means u can toggle in and out of Rift walk at any time.. wouldn't them being togheter + making Banish AoE mean u can't go into Rift plane without ending up banishing at least ONE enemy? AND that would mean that each time u banish something u'd be forced into the rift aswell... While Limbo is great going into the rift sometimes u might wanna stay at the default plane and just banish the enemy to rift.

Edited by (PS4)Mhj-sab

I still believe combining Banish and Riftwalk would be a great idea. Tap it to banish targets, hold it to banish yourself, done. THen give him a new power 2. If riftwalk stays as it is, it's just going to become another Super Jump where players complain "What's really the benefit? I can't hit anything unless I spend MORE energy, it's just a "Oh crap I need to live!" thing.

I also agree that banishing single targets is...not worth it, specially on high level missions. Giving Banish the sort of treatment Banshee's Sonic Boom has would be nice. Riftsurge should, in all honesty, allow Limbo to damage enemies that are in the rift, where as if Limbo himself is in the rift he does additional damage(or possibly giving him 100% red crits, just an idea :P)

Cataclysm needs to be toggle-able. Drop it down, it stays up until it's duration, or your power, runs out, and then it goes boom. Though to be honest it's second "Boom" I haven't seen it do any damage yet, might just be a bug. Any chance you could give Cataclysm a DoT for anything inside of it? In fact a DoT to any non tenno inside the rift would make some sense, considering it's the void, and it would be "twisting" those inside of it.

I love limbo, but he feels very much like a dueling frame, something you use to pick off single targets and kill, which makes his AoE skills(Cataclysm) awkward, specially when the primary method of killing things is, well, ranged weapons, and unless you're inside that bubble, you ain't doin' jack son.

Although, despite all this, PLEASE do not take away the energy regen for when in the rift. Pleaaaaase, it's sooooo useful. Also, yeah, it is a little hard to see in, and out of, the rift/cataclysmbubble no matter what energy color I seem to use...

I believe that Rift Walk should summon a door to the rift that you, your teammates can walk in and out of.

Then change the augment ability mod for limbo to Soothing Rift Walk. With Soothing Rift Walk all players that enter it will be healed for a percentage of health. Last make Banish into a AOE and Rift Surge should not only buff the players but debuff enemies. Anyone agree? 

Edited by (PS4)Seabastion25

I believe that Rift Walk should summon a door to the rift that you, your teammates can walk in and out of.

Then change the augment ability mod for limbo to Soothing Rift Walk. With Soothing Rift Walk all players that enter it will be healed for a percentage of health. Anyone agree?

Huh, interesting idea, but then defeats the purpose of being able to range banish team mates in a bind with banish. At this rate, being able to combine the two powers, Banish and Riftwalk, would be better, because not only could it possibly reduce the energy needed, but it also gives us room for another new power.

Honestly, if u're going to make a way for ALLIES to leave banish, make it so it seems that they're using Limbo's energy to do so (like add some effect to it with the Limbo's energy color)

It would make no sense that any warframe can simply have the ability to move out from the plane themselves IMO. As it's LIMBO the one who has control over it.

Other than that, I agree allies should have the option to leave the rift. And I don't agree with Rift Walk and Banish being merged.

Edit: By "any warframe having the ability to leave" I mean.. if all warframes can leave the rift at will... half of Limbo's unique design is thrown out the window, that's why I say it would be better if allies COULD choose to leave the rift, but something should be made so it seems like it's still Limbo's ability that they can choose to leave.

Edit(2): About Riftwalk+Banish... I don't know how I feel about it.. them being separated means u can toggle in and out of Rift walk at any time.. wouldn't them being togheter + making Banish AoE mean u can't go into Rift plane without ending up banishing at least ONE enemy? AND that would mean that each time u banish something u'd be forced into the rift aswell... While Limbo is great going into the rift sometimes u might wanna stay at the default plane and just banish the enemy to rift.

Actually, that's a good point. What I think would be best: Create a "hole" at the point where a player is banished(glowing rip in limbo's energy color), and allow players to interact with the hole to leave the rift. That way, it's still voluntary, but doesn't take away from Limbo's uniqueness.

Huh, interesting idea, but then defeats the purpose of being able to range banish team mates in a bind with banish. At this rate, being able to combine the two powers, Banish and Riftwalk, would be better, because not only could it possibly reduce the energy needed, but it also gives us room for another new power.

Really good point mate! I wanted to say let him summon doors from a distance near teammates so when they're low on health they can enter it. I understand though lol.