Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, If You Must Apply A Wait Period On My Kubrow Usage...

ENIAK_Prime

How about you put that 3-hour timer in the BACK instead of the FRONT?

Let me show you what I mean with a little example.

~CURRENT SYSTEM (STASIS RECOVERY)~
I have two Kubrows. Shaia and Buddy. Shaia is currently active.
If I want to use Buddy, I have to put Shaia in stasis and then remove Buddy.
Buddy is now in a 3-hour "stasis recovery" period.
This is dumb and stupid and dumb and dumb and stupid because now there is a whole 3 hour period that I am not allowed to use a Kubrow at all. Why would you do this? Why would you deprive me of precious time with my cool new bros!? My brothers who are cool? What would we call these things...

~NEW SYSTEM (STASIS LOCK)~
I put Shaia into Stasis and remove Buddy. He is ready to go immediately because that old system was awful and I hate it.
However, Shaia is in a 3-hour period of "Stasis lock", where she cannot be removed from Stasis, meaning if I change my mind and want to swap back to her, I have to wait 3 hours (and of course, you can move the plat option here and let people rush through Stasis Lock).

WOAHLOOKADATCOMPROMISE. Not only will this new system remove the dumb and stu-(okay you get the idea), that awful system where you actually punish players by preventing them from having any Kubrow-usage for a period of time, BUT YOU ALSO GET TO KEEP YOUR MONEY-GRAB WHICH PEOPLE WOULD STILL BE INCLINED TO USE.

EVERYBODY WINS SO WHY  NOT? I mean...

Having to know if you want to use a kubrow 3 hours before you actually can is silly.

With the current system, as someone's stated before, you have to pull your Kubrow out of stasis PRECISELY 3 hours before you actually want to play with it. For those of us who only play for one or two hours at a time a day this is INCREDIBLY stupid because it essentially means you want to pull out your Kubrow TODAY so you can MAYBE play with him TOMORROW, and that's assuming you want to play WarFrame AT ALL tomorrow, let ALONE use the Kubrow.

I always forget about the stasis recovery period, so I take out my dog...only to find out I can't take him along on missions until three hours later. Which by then I don't have time to game anymore, so ends up I just put my poor kubrow back into stasis.

^Just look at that!

P.S. Also, allow us to withdraw a Kubrow from stasis while another Kubrow is active, and simply have a prompt remind us that the active Kubrow will be put in Stasis as a result, to which we can then respond "yes or no" to either confirm the swap or cancel it.

Edited by Soldatto

Actually, this is a pretty good idea. I always forget about the stasis recovery period, so I take out my dog...only to find out I can't take him along on missions until three hours later. Which by then I don't have time to game anymore, so ends up I just put my poor kubrow back into stasis. I would very much like to see this implemented.

I'm completely on board with this idea.  Honestly, the whole wait time thing is a bit ridiculous (especially when you compare them to sentinels), but if it did have to be implemented I'd love to your idea instead of the current system because...

that old system was awful and I hate it.

I just keep all my dogs in freezer and use carrier. Problem solved.

Yup. If DE wants Kubrows to be competitive in any way to Sentinels, all maintenence costs and wait times need to be removed. They do not add to the players experience in any positive way. They are currently a waste of time and credits and they are worse than Sentinels in every meaningful way.

Edited by Brosagi

Yup. If DE wants Kubrows to be competitive in any way to Sentinels, all maintenence costs and wait times need to be removed. They do not add to the players experience in any positive way. They are currently a waste of time and credits and they are worse than Sentinels in every meaningful way.

Indeed. Personally I'd like to see Stasis Recovery just GO without having to trade it out for a Lock feature instead, but I suspect they want it there for a reason, so I've suggested a compromise. lol

This will only fix one of the Kubrow's plethora of issues but it would at least fix the biggest one.

Indeed. Personally I'd like to see Stasis Recovery just GO without having to trade it out for a Lock feature instead, but I suspect they want it there for a reason, so I've suggested a compromise. lol

This will only fix one of the Kubrow's plethora of issues but it would at least fix the biggest one.

I wouldn't mind the maintenence costs if they were head and shoulders above Sentinels, but they aren't. Stasis wait times absolutely need to go no matter what. Stasis wait times are the equivalent of you being stuck on a 3 hour bus ride with a bratty kid making faces, screaming in your ear, and making your commute an inescapable nightmare and every once in a while he'll stop and say "I'll stop bothering you if you give me 5 bucks." This applies to every other time wall in the game, research times, crafting times, daily reputation caps, you name it. They add nothing to the players' experience in a positive way and they all need to be removed. This is not a mobile game.

Edited by Brosagi

Yes this is how I would like the "freezer burn" period, as I call it, of kubrow defrosting to work.

Having to know if you want to use a kubrow 3 hours before you actually can is silly.

Most of the kubrows are designed to be specialized in void anyway, capture etc. Seems silly to have to plan a void mission 3 hours in advance. Since we're paying for stasis slots the wait time shouldn't even exist.

I wouldn't mind the maintenence costs if they were head and shoulders above Sentinels, but they aren't.

I don't mind the maintenance costs at all, personally (because it's all in credits which are easy to farm, if not tedious). The only three things I really hate about Kubrows are the "stasis recovery", the grind to get incubation started (100,000+ credits and an un-necessarily rare egg), and their AI (sooo many issues).

75,000 creds to buy a 6-pack of life extensions isn't so bad.

Agreed, though. They are currently much too ineffective to justify being so much more difficult to obtain and maintain than sentinels. Removing the ridiculous stasis recovery gimmick would be a good start towards making everything about them better. Not the only change that needs to happen, of course, but a good start.

I suspect the stasis timer is there to ensure players can't circumvent the maintenance part of the kubrows. I mean if you could defrost it instantly why wouldn't you put it in stasis every time you logged out to reduce the amount of upkeep you have to spend on it? 

That said the 3 hours is absolutely stupid and should only be 10-30 minutes max. That way you actually have a chance to use your kubrow in the same play session that you take it out of stasis, just run a mission or two and your kubrow will be ready to go. It would ensure the timer is still enough of a hassle that you don't use stasis to avoid upkeep entirely but short enough that it's worth actually bringing the furballs out of stasis and more manageable for those that have multiple kubrows. 

Stasis wait times absolutely need to go no matter what. Stasis wait times are the equivalent of you being stuck on a 3 hour bus ride with a bratty kid making faces, screaming in your ear, and making your commute an inescapable nightmare and every once in a while he'll stop and say "I'll stop bothering you if you give me 5 bucks." This applies to every other time wall in the game, research times, crafting times, daily reputation caps, you name it. They add nothing to the players' experience in a positive way and they all need to be removed. This is not a mobile game.

An intelligent comment.

Dear DE, delete policies and philosophies that punish the player. This is a game, and played for fun.

For punishment, we have real life.
Edited by Awazx

I am with you on this, OP. I am a casual player, so I am not playing every day. Meaning I can't leave him out for next time, otherwise he dies, and if I stick him in stasis while I am away, I can't use him when I come back until three hours later.

DE has a fix, but they just brought it out of stasis yesterday. Fixes take 3 months to defrost.

~NEW SYSTEM (STASIS LOCK)~

I put Shaia into Stasis and remove Buddy. He is ready to go immediately because that old system was awful and I hate it.

Hahahha this is completely no-logical from the technological point of view of the stasis thing, but im giving you rep just because you hate that

DE has a fix, but they just brought it out of stasis yesterday. Fixes take 3 months to defrost.

You, sir, just earned a cookie.

Hahahha this is completely no-logical from the technological point of view of the stasis thing, but im giving you rep just because you hate that

When a Tenno awakens from stasis it doesn't take him 3 hours to start kicking !. Thanks, though. lol

Edited by Soldatto

You, sir, just earned a cookie.

When a Tenno awakens from stasis it doesn't take him 3 hours to start kicking !. Thanks, though. lol

Well, i suppose that our first excalibro wasnt a rank 0 back in the orokin age, so he took much more than 3 hours to became what he was in the past

A few people have made the same suggestion.  I like how it is now.  I think it brings a bit of "realism" to the kubrows being organic.  They take 3 hours to defrost and get ready.  It's three hours.  It isn't the end of the world.  If you want to swap out an organic pet, as opposed to a mechanical one, it takes a little time.

That being said, the kubrow system can be made better.