Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Neurodes And Neural Sensors Pictures Are Switched.

Zirion_Bk

So... there *is* a chance for age old bugs to actually get fixed... oh the endless possibilities :P

Talking about old bugs...When is the animation for switched teleported tenno getting fixed?...

And this?

Edited by unknow99

The time has come... this bug of ages past... will soon be no more... fix coming in next Update.

Edit: Descriptions are being swapped = fix

THIS NEEDS A PSA SOOOOO BADLY.

Or else! Prepare for the endless streak of confused palyers in the suppport+forums.

Hmmm, the PSA won't nullify the confusion, but will certainly nerf its strength. 

...What.

Wait, that confused me. So Neurodes will be described as Biotech sensor organ harvested from Infested entities and have their current Infested-y icon, while Neural Sensors will be described as Implanted neural-link for controlling augmentations, Grineer design and have their current Grineer icon?

Shouldn't the names be swapped as well (if that's not what you meant by saying "descriptions")? Or just the icons instead?

Wait, but regardless, Corpus on Jupiter will then be dropping Grineer-produced components. While it kinda made sense with the Infested (all their experiments and such, only the icon didn't match), now it makes completely no sense at all. Shouldn't you then also, for the sake of clarity and dealing with this confusion once and for all, switch the...uh... Earth's rare resource with Jupiter's (because I can't just call them by their names anymore without mixing them up)?

Damn, I'm so very confused by this situation. What is what now?!

Edit: After thinking hard about it for a while, does it mean that the item that is currently known as Neurodes will be called Neural Sensors and described as such, but still look like Neurodes do now, while the item known as Neural Sensors will be called Neurodes and described as such? Right?

No, I think Sensors will remain named as such, since it makes more sense for what clearly looks like a robotic camera to be called a sensor than the thing that looks like a b-movie alien spawn.

Though that does still raise the question of why practically all the best Grineer weapon BPs need Infested guts to be built instead of their own in-house augmentation tech, which in turn isn't used by anything based on Grineer styles. Closest it gets is when you need one sensor to build the G3 Bolt remover, but even then you need a neurode for that, too. The part where almost all the Tenno weapons need Neurodes as well isn't nearly as far fetched since we're all supposedly infected with Technocyte anyway.

The time has come... this bug of ages past... will soon be no more... fix coming in next Update.

Edit: Descriptions are being swapped = fix

-_- *sigh*

No that is NOT a fix, it won't solve anything really, you'll just go back the old problem you had, back to square 1.

You should not swap the DESCRIPTIONS, you should swap the PICTURES (among a bunch of other things)

Why? You really need to read this carefully to understand:

* Neurodes and Neural Sensors in the past *

-- Neurodes - Looked like an infested eyeball, was described as something infested BUT had the problem of being a resource often used in Grineer weaponry and such. Drop locations = On Earth (grineer place) and Eris (infested place). You were already confused back then, I can see that.

-- Neural Sensors - Looked like a Grineer device (even with a Grineer symbol on it), was described as a Grineer device BUT had the problem of being a resource used in infested-related items (such as Mire). Drop locations = Jupiter, then an infested place. DE confusion? Presumably.

What did you do?

You swapped the descriptions. Then you fixed one issue, but got another mess, the one you have currently:

* Neurodes and Neural Sensors as of currently*

-- Neurodes - Is described as a Grineer device, is a resource often used in Grineer weaponry and such BUT looks like an infested eyeball.

Drop locations = On Earth (grineer place) and Eris (infested place). Still confused, I can tell.

-- Neural Sensors - Is described as infested tissue, is a resource used in infested-related items BUT looks like a Grineer device

Drop locations = Jupiter, now a CORPUS place...

You are proposing to go back to the first setting, which just goes back to the old problem again.

What needs to be done instead:

1st) Switch the pictures around

2nd) Change one of their names entirely, so you stop confusing yourselves. For example: Change Neural Sensor to something infested-related, whatver that may be. I'll just call it Ocular Tissue for now.

3rd) Take another look at what resource drops where, and that goes for ALL resources. Here are some of my proposed changes, at least for the rare ones:

Derelicts -

Neural Sensors Ocular Tissue instead of Neurodes. (Infested stuff makes sense there, but not Grineer stuff. DE are confusing themselves due to the picture and description mismatches... *sigh*)

Eris - Neural Sensors Ocular Tissue instead of Neurodes.

Phobos - Neurodes instead of Rubedo.

Uranus - Neurodes instead of Gallium.

Europa - Gallium instead of Morphics.

Pluto - Gallium instead of Alloy Plates and Orokin Cells instead of Rubedo

Mars - Control Module instead of Morphics

Void - Orokin Cells instead of Alloy Plates

Makes more sense, and gives low level and high level alternatives for rarer resources!

Listed in rare resource arrangements:

Neural Sensors Ocular Tissue - Jupiter, Eris and Derelicts

Neurodes - Earth, Phobos and Uranus

Orokin Cell - Saturn, Ceres, Pluto, Derelicts and Void

Gallium - Mars, Europa and Pluto

Morphics - Mercury, Phobos and Pluto

Control Module - Mars, Europa, Neptune and Void

Argon Crystal - Void alone.

Might not be complete (some uncommon and common resources might need to be redistributed too), but it's better than what we have now

• 2 weeks later...

same deal for Neurodes.

i think someone in the office took it literally when the decision was made to un-switch the descriptions of Neurodes and Neural Sensors.

(Corpus Planet as the only source of a Grineer manufactured item still doesn't make a lick of sense)