The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

If they're connected to his arms, means that his ARMS use to be wings, as I stated above. and they evolved into normal arms, but the wing bits stayed as they haven't fully evolved away. Wing membrane is still growing on the arms. (Note I;m not saying that's literally how this warframe was made, just stating how it "could" would from a biological standpoint)

Edit: Tired, seems most people have calmed down or understand the "Sea Dragon" aspect. Going to bed.

Seeing as the wings would have been the arms, there is no way they would stick out like that from behind his shoulders after evolving into limbs. You can just look at animals today to see this.

So now I'm wondering why you don't think a dinosaur resembles a dragon or lizard? 

Is a dinosaur not a lizard now? LOL.

And as I said book definition.. BOOK definition of a dragon with the exception of wings fits godzilla in every single one of his movies.

the same can be said about chroma in the sense that he is the manifested warfare themed DRAGON based/inspired off of the chinese archetypes. and I didn't want to say this earlier but he's recognized as a deity/superpower compared to other frames as pointed out by order and lotus in the files that were datamined.

Book definition of dragon?

"an imaginary animal that can breathe out fire and looks like a very large lizard with wings, a long tail, and large claws"

Godzilla is imaginary, but within the context of his fiction he isn't (he's basically a dinosaur). He doesn't breathe fire. He only vaguely resembles a lizard (very humanoid). He doesn't have wings. His tail IS long. His claws are not.

https://filmfork-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/content/Godzilla%20-%209.gif

No, not really. He looks nothing like any Chinese dragons I've seen (I even refreshed my memory by googling it). He's a superpowered anteater, not a dragon.

You do realize that these dragons have thousands of interpretations? One or two pictures you see will mean nothing. These do not exist as a single artist's interpretation, or a real-life creature to give comparison.

A Basilisk is not commonly regarded as shape-shifting. It is a reptilian creature, possibly a snake or legged, that can kill with a glance. Shape-shifting isn't a part of that.

"Stories gradually added to the basilisk's deadly capabilities, such as describing it as a larger beast, capable of breathing fire and killing with the sound of its voice. Some writers even claimed it could kill not only by touch, but also by touching something that is touching the victim, like a sword held in the hand. Also, some stories claim its breath is highly toxic and will cause death, usually immediately. The basilisk is also the guardian creature and traditional symbol of the Swiss city Basel."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilisk

Neaks are often depicted of Nāga.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C4%81ga

Yes, those are wiki links. 

If you do not like wiki links, you can use the sources this information is taken from by following the references at the bottom of the page.

You do realize that neither naga or basilisk is considered as dragons in tales right?

Edited by (PS4)SofeSNBR

So now I'm wondering why you don't think a dinosaur resembles a dragon or lizard? 

Is a dinosaur not a lizard now? LOL.

And as I said book definition.. BOOK definition of a dragon with the exception of wings fits godzilla in every single one of his movies.

the same can be said about chroma in the sense that he is the manifested warfare themed DRAGON based/inspired off of the chinese archetypes. and I didn't want to say this earlier but he's recognized as a deity/superpower compared to other frames as pointed out by order and lotus in the files that were datamined.

Simple, You can tell a dinosaur and a dragon apart.

I think you answered your own question there champ, Because I'm sure that a Dinosaur is not a lizard, they'd be classed as reptiles, but they wouldn't be related to lizards in any way.

Godzilla isn't a dragon because you can tell he's not a dragon.

I guess many people expected the europian dragon and/or the eastern dragon design. But there are many versions of dragons every culture has its own -design-. So for me it seems they have picked a more uncommon one to match the tenno feeling to it.

I know that not all of them don't. The point I am trying to get across is that the Tenno were within the same caste system and culture as the Orokin and that Chroma is essentially both of their designs, as well as the Tenno themselves may or may not have had some (if very little) role in the design of the Warframes. Yes, there is proof that the Orokin had a heavy impact on the Warframe designs, but there's also no way we can't say the Tenno had absolutely no part in that process ever.

We don't know a lot about the Tenno/Orokin Culture, which is why speculation helps bridge the gap. Such as when the community had attempted to decipher the Grineer, Corpus, and Tenno/Orokin language/alphabet. There was speculation involved as well as research. With very little knowledge of their culture, we are left to mostly speculate. Chroma could very well be part of their depiction of a dragon, hence why it looks like what people describe it as.

That's your theory, which is in no way more credible than a direct quote from the actual lore. That quote indicates that (given all we know at this moment) they didn't have anything to do with their frames since it was the orokin who built them around the tenno's twisted bodies. You're theorycrafting in an attempt to support your own argument.

Chroma looks like an anteater.

Simple, You can tell a dinosaur and a dragon apart.

I think you answered your own question there champ, Because I'm sure that a Dinosaur is not a lizard, they'd be classed as reptiles, but they wouldn't be related to lizards in any way.

To further this, here is the definition of a lizard "a type of reptile that has four legs and a long body and tail"

It doesn't describe Godzilla.

Every complaint I've seen about cosmetics changing gameplay has had no valid reasoning for wanting to remove them. It's honestly idiots like OP and others who agree with him that stripped us of our chances to get arcane helmets. And the examples they give, completely outrageous and grossly over exaggerated. It's just energy color. One, small mechanic on one small frame that will most likely be Mastery Fodder anyways. Now just shut up and deal with it. Your precious energy colors and your opinions can go away.

I guess many people expected the europian dragon and/or the eastern dragon design. But there are many versions of dragons every culture has its own -design-. So for me it seems they have picked a more uncommon one to match the tenno feeling to it.

I didnt expected a literal dragon, just dragonic armor, sorta like "black dragon form" in Dark Souls 2(would post picture, but im too lazy) What i did not expect was pile of meat with ant-eater head.

That's your theory, which is in no way more credible than a direct quote from the actual lore. That quote indicates that (given all we know at this moment) they didn't have anything to do with their frames since it was the orokin who built them around the tenno's twisted bodies. You're theorycrafting in an attempt to support your own argument.

Chroma looks like an anteater.

It's a theory that's highly supported by the fact that the Tenno were considered rejects to the Orokin. The Tenno were likely at the bottom of the caste system, much like how a caste system has the rejects at the bottom. I'd rather theorycraft something plausible based on excerpt from the lore that's in the game than simply state that since there is no other lore associated that it's not true. You are explicitly saying that we don't have all of the information right now. My speculation is based on the fact that the Orokin refer to Tenno as rejects and then as god-warriors. It makes sense to tie this to them being within a caste system that they've created. It makes sense to assume that they once shared the same culture before the Orokin Empire fell silent, and that every Warframe was built/designed during the Orokin's reign.

Edited by Xiusa

My only issue is that I dislike having to get different colors for my frame as I'm very picky about coloring my frames.

Me too, but I'm guessing that this frame will either not be lit up with energy as much as other frames, or DE will add some effects to the energy to make it fit better. Honestly apart from channelling will you ever notice it though? and will channelling lines be made different to suit this frames unique concept? that's what I want to know. Thankfully it is only the energy colour that effects the powers.

And we're back to square one with someone telling me something is not what it is because of some "fact" that he believes and therefore thinks everyone else should believe. 

Eredoc, we've established that what you can "tell" what you can "see" what you "think" is terminology to describe something that is opinion based and subjective. Meaning that what you stated isn't factual it is what you believe and can not provide proof otherwise. 

You've demonstrated that your definition of "dragon" is very concrete. You believe it should be this mid-evil older european image of a giant armored lizard that breathes fire, and flies.

I repeat this is YOUR definition of a dragon.

Now do this for me:

Type "slaying the dragon" in google and tell me what you come up with. You'll see a lot of hits containing the idea of metaphorically destroying a huge problem to society/community.

That's ONE way you can definite something as being a "dragon"

Now look up and read a few hits for "dragon archetypes"

There's ANOTHER way to describe a "dragon"

This is majority of your arguments on this thread.

"this can't be this because I believe this"

Nothing is factual. And I'm listing the facts for you. 

BOOK definition of what a dragon is.. godzilla is one. And that's subjective. Honestly you really can't sit here and tell me that it is fact that he is not a dragon. Because I believe he is. I admit that is my opinion but it is FACT that if you read up the definition of a dragon and you read up the description of godzilla they are pretty much the same thing.

From what we know lore-wise, it's far more likely that warframes were not even designed in traditional sense of the word. The Orokin probably just attempted to put a suit of armour on a Tenno and infestation twisted it into the warframes than were then replicated (non-prime version). 

But that's beside the point. I too think it resembles an infested anteater, but if people like it, them let them like it and hope for alternate helmet. If I remember correctly Limbo had an alt helmet upon release, which, for me at least, took "silly stage magician" to "somewhat plausible warlock", still the tuxedo... 

To further this, here is the definition of a lizard "a type of reptile that has four legs and a long body and tail"

It doesn't describe Godzilla.

OHHHH okay so godzilla isn't a reptile that has four legs a long body and a tail?

So wait does he have THRE legs a short body and a stub?

I'm confused.