Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

They wont do him over over so stopwhining I like hi design and no one said that he will the dragon farme everoyne wa talking about a seadragon is cool to i  always liked Warframe because of the Weird design but i know they wont do him over just becuase of couple People.

This doesn't make any sense.

Vote in this poll, you will see the "couple people" that don't like him.

http://strawpoll.me/3807541

It bares resemblance to an eastern dragon. It's the elongated mouth. Is it overly narrow to the point that it's not that recognizable? Quite, but I can still see the resemblance. What a lot of people were expecting is a Western-style dragon in a game where you play as a character that has its culture heavily influenced on eastern culture, which makes no sense when referring to a cultural depiction.

You have very good eyes if you see resemblance to an eastern dragon.

To me it looks like anything but dragon (eastern or western).

Edited by Kialandi

I like Limbo.  I like scales over Twizzler texture.  How ridiculous can you get?  If you don't like my opinion about the design that's fine,  but criticizing how I like scales over twizzler texture is a display of ignorance.

I'm not criticizing your taste in design. I specifically said if you don't like the design that's fine. I was criticizing because you spoke as if scales were a requirement, just because he's a dragon frame.

I've stated all my reasoning in the megathread already. but I'll state this here.

Maybe the reason it's not an ultra buffdaddy dragon. . .is because is many people were yelling for one and he's purposely designed it to troll you. And so people would move on to other fan designs instead.

So they purposly made a badly designed frame?

They spent all sorts of time, money, and resources on a frame that was badly designed on purpose...just to give the finger to the fans?

Fantastic company right here if this is at all true. Certainly the kinda devs I'd love to keep supporting /sarcasm.

Whats to stop the next fan request from getting S#&$ on if this is the truth?

We all know the best way to keep your fans and win new ones is to take a fan requested idea and diliberately make it horrible right?

DE might be even more out of touch/worse devs than I thought.

Every complaint I've seen about cosmetics changing gameplay has had no valid reasoning for wanting to remove them. It's honestly idiots like OP and others who agree with him that stripped us of our chances to get arcane helmets.

Actually, the reasoning is as valid now as it was back with the arcane helmets. We got rid of those, because they bound looks to certain stats. If you wanted a fast Saryn, you needed the onion helmet. If you wanted to play Thrak Rhino, you had to equip Rush to counter the speed malus on that helmet. Using a certain helmet forced you towards certain loadouts. If you wanted extra energy efficiency, you had to get Vespa Nyx / Essence Loki (no matter how ugly you thought he looked). And I agree with taiiat, that's an absolute no-no.

Btw, in case you don't remember from the last devstream, we'll get stat-changing cosmetics back. But in a much better way, because with the Arcane Enhancers it is your choice which item to use them on. Your choice if it's a certain Syandana, that you like the most, or a helmet or an armor part. So you can put the same effect on, say, a Harkonar shoulder piece while your friend decides to use it on the Dendra leg part. You aren't bound to DE's decision to put it on the Iliac Syandana, so each of your frames has to look like a fish if you want to benefit from it.

In short: Arcane helmets were a bad idea because they took choice away, Arcane Enhancers are great because they give you choice. Chroma's energy colour falls into the first category.

I don't see anyone complaining about Excalibur and Nyx being similar, and Rhino looks nothing like a rhinoceros at all.

Pretty unwise to judge a frame before it's even released.

Thers a huge difference between similar frames and simply copy-pasting whole armor parts. The arm design is 1:1 stolen from ash, same for the hip part.

Uncreative as can be. This guy won't be new but just some kind of chimera frame.

Thers a huge difference between similar frames and simply copy-pasting whole armor parts. The arm design is 1:1 stolen from ash, same for the hip part.

Uncreative as can be. This guy won't be new but just some kind of chimera frame.

I'm an Ash player (full time) and I don't see the problem here. 

Kinda makes sense actually. There are many similar characteristics.

It looks to me though that the head they've taken aspects of a Chinese Lung dragon (Long serpentine creature, 4 legs), Then the rest of him contains aspects of standard European Dragons (Bulky reptilian beast, 4 legs, 2 wings)

Ahh Ok, so no teaser site or so?, did they say the release date in the TennoLive?

They said around Mid-March last time

No release date was said, so the estimate is still "mid-march" I guess.

So unless its delayed until past March, we'll either get anniversary stuff, before, with or after U16. (If U16 goes past the anniversary, just release an anniversary update with the stuff and some changes and fixes from U16 please).

I'm an Ash player (full time) and I don't see the problem here.

Same, its not a bad design to have but it kinda shows the work behind it when you copy stuff from other frames instead of putting some work behind it to make the theme work out.

These lazy bastards announced a dragon frame and gave us artworks of a chimera with a antler base.

Same, its not a bad design to have but it kinda shows the work behind it when you copy stuff from other frames instead of putting some work behind it to make the theme work out.

These lazy bastards announced a dragon frame and gave us artworks of a chimera with a antler base.

Don't dev bash. We all get it, you don't like its design, but dev bashing isn't a good thing to do.