Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

pMTeWkM.jpg

It's more like Kingdra. Which, I don't get why you say it's not a dragon then. In japan Seahorses are called "Dragon's Child" I think. So you say it looks like a seahorse, therefore it looks like A TYPE of dragon. Simple as that.

When Nova Prime was revealed it seemed like she would be ugly. I didnt like her at all for her neck pipes and everyone was making jokes about her design. Guess what :

Today Nova Prime is my favorite best looking warframe. Sometimes frames seem ugly at first but look awesome once you see them for real.

A short teaser just can not feature some of the cool aspects of a frame. Nova has so cool effects ( faded colors, pieces which react to your movement, overall look ) that were not pointed out.

The biggest problem probably is the bad teaser and not the dragon frame itself. At least we should not judge it by now. Considering the recent color effect stuff DE has created ( the insane Rift sigil, the insane Ducat Liset skin ) I can imagine that the dragon frame will feature some shiny animated color effects that will look pretty cool and will make it a pretty unique frame.

The thing with nova prime though, they took the feedback that the "neckrings were too much out there" and toned it down, its good looking now compared to what it was at the very start.

The more I look at the design the more I can move past my initial gagging reaction and begin to appreciate the creativity in the features. Regardless, the real verdict will come down to what he looks like in game and how he performs.

Because the community wanted a dragon. Something that looks and feels like one, not something else. And most certainly not one that looks like an infested anteater.

Because the community wanted a dragon. Something that looks and feels like one, not something else. And most certainly not one that looks like an infested anteater.

Umad bro? Chroma's looks are subjective, and I personally LOVE how he looks.

Edited by sappinmahsentry

Yes, because i don't like where warframe is headed, it's not for me anymore and im voicing my personal opinion. Im not telling anyone else to quit.

What does knowing anything about you even matter to what i said ? I simply voiced my personal opinion why it's a bad design and what im going to do regarding my personal relationship with the game. In my opinion i don't see how DE could create something like this just for the sake of uniqueness which some people are trying to defend for the sake of uniqueness.

It matters because you indirectly referred to me as a "white knight who accepts everything thrown at him", which is false. You made reference to a recurring theme in feedback threads: that the OP, who posted something praising the developers either directly or indirectly, is a sucker who always gives in to said almighty developers' decisions. The only reason why I replied to what I perceived as a jab at all was because I'm just a little tired of seeing it over and over again in these types of threads, and that because the very existence of it is counterproductive. This really has nothing to do with your relationship with the game or your opinions nor does it have anything to do with mine or mine.

my issue with this design has always been that it looked like a reskined and edited rhino, and I told myself I would be thankful for whatever DE  did as long as it wasn't that

It also has eyes and a mouth, which is also a nono.

Umad bro? Chroma's looks are subjective, and I personally LOVE how he looks.

That's fine, but again, the point is that he does not resemble or feel like a dragon, which is what the community wanted.

well i suppose it will fit with the new underwater tiles. Ya know, seahorse..

Hmm it seems DE listened to players asking for the classic frame designs. We had: hammershark, lobster, jellyfish and anemone. Now we've got a sea horse. 

It feels more dragon-inspired than dragon frame, which I believe is intentional considering the reactions to the more literal themes recent frames have had.

Like, it almost looks like it took one or two cues from a bunch of different types of dragons, and then combined them together into something that's dragon-y and yet totally not at the same time.

That's great and all, but throwing a ton of cool things together doesn't normally result in something good. If I mixed together all colors, I just get black. I don't get a rainbow. Ham and Cheese Sandwiches are good. So is ice cream. Putting ice cream in a ham and cheese sandwich doesn't result in a great sandwich, though.

In the end, I'm not at all getting a dragon-y feel for it.

All frames can be related to their abilities in some way or another.

Ash looks very athletic and looks like he is geared up with some tight clothing for nice stealth. He is a stealth frame.

Hydroid is meant to be a water frame, so he looks like a pirate.

Vauban is meant to be an engineer of sorts, so he looks more bulky and techy.

Rhino is meant to be a tank, so he has a huge build, like a rhino.

Frost controls the cold, so it looks like he is wearing a large coat.

Every frame's name and abilities relate to each other, and to the frame's looks. Dragon, though? A dragon, whose abilities are based on his energy type? I don't see it. Even past the stuff going on with the helmet, why does the Chroma have an infested vibe to it? It just doesn't add up to me.

It feels like they are trying to cram too much in to one frame.

-Infested

-Dragon Types

+Asian Dragon

+European Dragon

+Wyverns

+Gargouille

+Anteater(?)

+Basilisk

+Hydra (Hail Hydra)

+Serpents

-Chromatic Color Stuff

-Tank(?)

Edited by CoRRh

OK SO everyone is raging/Loving about Chroma the new Dragon themed frame. I was very disappointed when I first saw it because I thought it looked stupid. But after a little close examination of the frame from the plethra of pics people have already posted, I have come to a conclusion. with two picks to help explain why I think it does look like a Dragon and that bad angles and make or break a photo.

1) this is a look at Chroma from a more head on point of view. In this I have to say. He looks VERY much like a dragon, The head looks like a gaping mouth of a Dragon ready to breath fire. and the arms look very much like wings. I can actually see a bit of Knight mixed in there, like on the "under belly" side and the faceplate. Overall a very good looking silhouette and perspective. This one get a Big Thumps up from me.

AB4356T.jpg

2) this one looks so Ruking derp that I cant even. I dont know if someone just messed up when posing him for this Silhouette, But it dose not do him the Justice that the first pic does. His head is at an awkward angle. his arms look like hes trying to twist them inwards. and Overall not a good looking Silhouette. And yes this one does make him look like a sea horse, or an ancient infested. I give this perspective a HUGE [X] for Hell NO!  

OAkcvmA.jpg

So with my 2 cents what do you all think of my thoughts on the matter?

Edited by Senketsu_

It matters because you indirectly referred to me as a "white knight who accepts everything thrown at him", which is false. You made reference to a recurring theme in feedback threads: that the OP, who posted something praising the developers either directly or indirectly, is a sucker who always gives in to said almighty developers' decisions. The only reason why I replied to what I perceived as a jab at all was because I'm just a little tired of seeing it over and over again in these types of threads, and that because the very existence of it is counterproductive. This really has nothing to do with your relationship with the game or your opinions nor does it have anything to do with mine or mine.

I apologise for that, i wasn't meant for it to be taken as an offense. I should have worded it a little differently. Like you im tired of seeing "fanboys" trying to find anything positive in whatever DE releases and then justifying it with some bizzare reasons and how "haters gonna hate/ignore the negatron primes".

I've never had such a dissapointment in DE before, that's all.

Sorry again if my response felt personal.

I'll say it again, i would have no issues what so ever if this was released as an infested frame, it would be cool and i would gladly buy it. However for DE to hype up "community favorite" and "dragon themed" and then present us with this is a different matter.

I will buy him for what he is(infested frame) and not for what he is not(dragon).

Edited by kiteohatto