Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Teased In Devstream 45, 46, Tennolive) Anticipation Megathread

Morec0

in all fairness i think this is more about the design just being butt ugly than looking the part. that's just an after effect that people are using to further solidify their disapproval, since just saying it looks bad to some is an empty point. 

That's cool, but they are a company that wants to make a profit. If consumers stop liking what they make then they will be losing sales. You can't fix that amount of ugly with an alt helmet or an immortal skin.

Saying that, im going to take my money else where now.

No point in arguing with white knights who accept every DE decision as something holy and eat up everything DE throws at them.

Really? because you don't like the look of a warframe? Ok bye, plenty of people left for them to make a profit.

Again, to those of you who like it, the point is that it is not a dragon design. The community wanted a dragon, and we did not get one. Also, whether dragons are somehow different in the Warframe universe does not matter either. People wanted a dragon, not for DE to invent something and then define it to be a dragon.

That's cool, but they are a company that wants to make a profit. If consumers stop liking what they make then they will be losing sales. You can't fix that amount of ugly with an alt helmet or an immortal skin.

Saying that, im going to take my money else where now.

No point in arguing with white knights who accept every DE decision as something holy and eat up everything DE throws at them.

You know nothing about me or my relationship with this game or DE's decisionmaking. This thread was started around my take on Chroma's design and nothing else, and it was intended to provoke thought and discussion.

You have an opinion, and I have an opinion. Going beyond that is simply counterproductive, unless you are the creators of the subject matter in question (DE) who make the actual decisions.

Edited by Endoxo_Kynigos

I am with OP.

Totally not what I expected. Honestly, it doesn't fit with any sort of dragon I can think of.

What I think of when someone says Dragon:

57R22y1.jpgSOOfLYn.jpgb3zOeCf.jpgpfHxmSZ.jpgkJMKSY3.jpgtumblr_mr5qr6i0Af1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Not this:

Fi4E3p8.jpg

Do I hate it, though? No, absolutely not. I think it's cool as hell. Not really Dragon-esque, though. Honestly, with an extra helmet that maybe takes the more Asian Dragon route, the Chroma could look badass. 

Although, the name Chroma stems from Chromatic (Dragon) as inspired from D&D, as said in a Devstream. The chromatic dragons were more European, so that's an F- for consistency. Chroma just doesn't match the look, to me.

To me it seems like they did the typical DE thing of trying to pander to everything they could. The Chroma's head looks more Asian Dragon (Slim), and the body seems more bulky, like a European Dragon. The name, the abilities and the look just don't add up to me. It looks cool, but I feel like they should have stuck to the European style. It's cool to try and make everything unique, but sometimes it flops and things like this happen.

I like the look of the frame, but this particular look for the dragon frame seems very off to me. 

Edited by CoRRh

Again, to those of you who like it, the point is that it is not a dragon design. The community wanted a dragon, and we did not get one. Also, whether dragons are somehow different in the Warframe universe does not matter either. People wanted a dragon, not for DE to invent something and then define it to be a dragon.

Basically.

This and I kinda, sorta, half-expected it to not have an anteater snout.

Like all other frames that currently exist and will continue to be made.

I feel like the caption can be even better than that

He could be shouting... "LIKE A BOSS"

Also doesn't he look like an infested Vauban? Either way he looks totally awesome. He will look better with the Infested accessories on him... Can't wait to go crazy with him.

I like the look of the frame, but this look for the dragon frame seems very off to me. 

It feels more dragon-inspired than dragon frame, which I believe is intentional considering the reactions to the more literal themes recent frames have had.

Like, it almost looks like it took one or two cues from a bunch of different types of dragons, and then combined them together into something that's dragon-y and yet totally not at the same time.

For someone who dislikes some of their more recent decisions, i'm disappointed that you'll leave that game for something that is so insignificant as one warframe out of potentially 22 other frames. It's also disappointing that you resort to labeling those who want nothing out of this game than to improve and shun them when they disagree with a matter you differ from.

So goodbye.

Yeah I agree. While I was hoping for a typical western dragon theme (so overdone, but for a good reason; I love western dragons) but I don't even see much dragonyness there, even Asian style. All I see is a scary infested thing (not a bad thing, but come on... I was hoping for a cross between Smaug, Toothless, and Shruikan)