Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strict Nat: Improvements And Testing

[DE]Glen

Sorry but your capture is likely a completely different issue.

I see... I understand completely... As long as the "Failed to join session" disappears and stuff starts working properly for everyone, I don't really care either way. I know very well the effort that coding actually needs, especially when solving problems, so I always appreciate the work you have been and are doing.

Thanks for your hard work, but... er... maybe it's better to avoid casual use of rape metaphors? Just a suggestion.

*GASP*! You are right!..... That kind of language is totally inappropriate of a ....

No, wait.... I couldnt care less.

Edited by Faulcun

maybe it's better to avoid casual use of rape metaphors? Just a suggestion.

Using a word != metaphor. And "$program is raping my pc/network" is a completely legitimate use of the verb that has been around far longer than any Tumbler-SJW who gets "PTSD" just because someone dared to mention the word peanut-butter.

A few months ago I did not have this StrictNat issue.

At the point where it started I followed the instructions to attempt to avoid it. Setting up the router did not solve the problem. Then when I checked the second option I found that I have to disable my firewall. (I did set the firewall up to accept the UDP connections - but that does not seem to work in my case)

So I am living very dangerously in order to have some fun. :)

A few months ago I did not have this StrictNat issue.

At the point where it started I followed the instructions to attempt to avoid it. Setting up the router did not solve the problem. Then when I checked the second option I found that I have to disable my firewall. (I did set the firewall up to accept the UDP connections - but that does not seem to work in my case)

So I am living very dangerously in order to have some fun. :)

... So, let me see~ if I understood the thing here... Setting up the router did not solve the problem... So, you went for the 2nd option, which is to disable the firewall... So, I take it that disabling the firewall worked for you?

I'd expect that after a short duration of these new optimizations for PC, they'll make an entrance to consoles (XB1, and PS4)

Just have to be patient as PC is the main testing ground for Warframe currently.

I'll be routing for you guys. Everyone deserves these new networking techniques. It means greater experiences and increased immersion. (Less lag = More fun!) Hope this answers your question. ^^

I set up the router and found I can still not get connected to join squads. Then I checked the windows firewall on the pc and set it up to allow udp but for some reason it still blocked the connection - if I disable it I can join friends and public play.

I set up the router and found I can still not get connected to join squads. Then I checked the windows firewall on the pc and set it up to allow udp but for some reason it still blocked the connection - if I disable it I can join friends and public play.

... I wonder why am I not surprised... I mean... oh, wow...

I did manage to get the changes made to workaround payload-raping routers -- they're in QA's hands now and should go out later today.

kg6OUoS.jpg

Only improvement I saw was it now shows "(host unreachable)" :C

I hope the improvement doesn't stop now :S

Thanks again for your hardwork!

kg6OUoS.jpg

Only improvement I saw was it now shows "(host unreachable)" :C

I hope the improvement doesn't stop now :S

Thanks again for your hardwork!

This is what I'm getting now too. I know this issue is my router, as I tried it at my university's library, and didn't have a strict nat anymore. :|

Using a word != metaphor. And "$program is raping my pc/network" is a completely legitimate use of the verb that has been around far longer than any Tumbler-SJW who gets "PTSD" just because someone dared to mention the word peanut-butter.

Yep. Just like it has been said about colonization and how countries would "rape the land" of Africa. It doesn't have a universal sexual connotation.

What happens now if two people are behind the same router which only supports strict NAT? Reroute them over the proxy too?

And even if a mixture of ipv4 and ipv6 gives new problems, most people can use ipv6 so why not supporting it if all of them can? The percentage where ipv6 isn't possible should be below 6%. And even if not, all people who i know having trouble with not being able to forward ports are people whit lte routers which support ipv6. Should be quite many who have those routers.

To come back to the problem with two people behind the same router: If they have a LTE router its also quite bad if they must reroute through some proxy because of used data volume. If it would support ipv6 they could select invite only and play with just using data to start and end the game.

Due to the fact that I do not have full control of my router and the person who does is a paranoid my network may forever have Strict NAT enabled. Then I today I heard that this may not be a issue any longer however whenever I try to join certain people (which I previously had always failed to join) it said "Failed to join(host unreachable)". Is there nothing to due but never play with these people? I have tried changing my end to no avail and I hopes with this new update but it seems the only thing that has changed the message it says whenever it fails to join. :'(