[DE]Glen

Strict Nat: Improvements And Testing

3ZVRM74.png

I hope its the last time I see this, and hopping this is the ultimate fix :D

But, are all the matchmaking/squad/lobby UI bugs also related to this?

Or is that yet another buggy thing?

• Upvote 3

OMG, I love you guys *cries* I'm one of those suffering from strict NAT, I'm solo-ing T4 voids like 90% of the time because I can't play with my friends most of the time. Anyhow, +1 I always thought a proxy/game server would finally fix strict NAT after researching and reviewing about it.

• Upvote 1

glad to hear this!

but why black text on dark background -.-

not everyone uses the darker Theme, ik, but the pain for those of us who do!

shouldn't have to highlight to read is all i'm sayin

• Upvote 1

glad to hear this!

but why black text on dark background -.-

not everyone uses the darker Theme, ik, but the pain for those of us who do!

shouldn't have to highlight to read is all i'm sayin

I pasted from google docs into the forum -- I have no idea how to even change the color.

• Upvote 7

I'm really glad you guys are clearing up all these misconceptions about how networking works. I hope this reduces the amount of uninformed replies bashing you guys for issues that aren't entirely in your control, or at the very least, gives those people a bit of peace of mind.

• Upvote 1

Thanks a lot for the hard work! I've been especially hoping for matchmaking fixes. Glad to hear its been getting attention.

I pasted from google docs into the forum -- I have no idea how to even change the color.

Yeah google docs get a lot of people, even me once xP

you can change the color before you c/p on google docs or use bbcode "[ color=??? ] TextToBeColored [ /color ]" on the forums after you c/p

So today might have been the last day might ever have seen Failed to Join.

Thats as great a start to the year as any i guess.

Now all i need is a bucket of content to shove my head into and im a happy tenno for a few more weeks.

This is great! NAT, though useful, may be restrictive like the case we have ingame. Not all people understand NAT and how it works(been a system admin my whole career life and took me a year to get it). More so, working with clunky ISP provided routers can be a real ordeal when trying to do port forwarding.

Thank you DE!

Edited by delakroix

More cool, good to know, information. 

Thanks, dude, the standing giant-head horse with the fro!! :P

Yeah google docs get a lot of people, even me once xP

you can change the color before you c/p on google docs or use bbcode "[ color=??? ] TextToBeColored [ /color ]" on the forums after you c/p

or, preferably, you can copy without Formatting. 

Browsers of all brands have started deciding that people want that all of a sudden. suddenly deciding that if someone copies text from a page that they wanted the text color and background color.

when.... all they wanted was the damn words.

i flip back and forth between a Utility Plugin to copy without Formatting, or pasting into a plain text editor and copying back out of it to drop the formatting. (mostly because the Plugin doesn't work on some webpages, of which i'm not sure why - most issues are with WYSIWYG Editors, not that i'm surprised, since they're pure cancer).

IIRC there's also a shortcut been added to various Browsers to Copy without Formatting, but it's not the default copy shortcut for some reason....

you'd think that when adding a feature that most won't want, IT would get the new shortcut, rather than stealing the conventional one.

Edited by taiiat
  • Upvote 1

[DE]Glen, I don't want to be that guy, but we both know that there are a lot of games which work around strict nat somehow. For example, all of the game which use steam matchmaking servers, allow you to be host even if you have a strict nat. A lot of late console games do this too. That's exactly why people see problem in Warframe and not their routers and they are partially right. Ofcourse it's mostly a router or (as was in my case) ISP problem (my ISP was strict-NAT only disregard routers or anything else, now I pay bonus fee for "white" ip), but still lots and lots of games work around strict NAT.

You can easily check this by yourself: launch any steam game (CS, L4D2, Portal) and you will find you can be host with strict NAT without any problems.

Sincerely, your veteran player.

• Upvote 2

This is the best thing I've heard from you guys for quite a while. I know it won't be the elixir to everything but it gives me some hope and something to look forward to. Thank you.

im using a vpn for this to be fixed although it creates a different problem in other region, like unable to join random people in pubs.

i hope this fix it, me and my ph friends (since the strct nat is always with our country's main isp and their router) lost interest in the game because of my unfixeable issue.

finally you decided to look at this,

Edited by Ritchel

I see a lot of complex solutions for this. Here's mine.

Copy/paste into notepad first, then copy/paste into the forums. That clears all formatting. You can also in some browsers, right click and "copy plain text" or something like that.

As for the Strict NAT, nice! If I may make a suggestion though... Post the TL;DR first rather than at the end. I for one love your explanations, but they are rather detailed. =P