Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: Syndicate Alerts: The Support Is Designed To Punish

AureusVulpes

Original Post:

[so i just ran a 2200 syndicate point exterminate mission with a 11% boost sigil. End of mission? 2140 syndicate points.

So what happened? One of my syndicate buddies died.

YUP. If your syndicate operatives die, you lose points. So don't let them die, or tell DE that we want an option to not have the syndicate help us.]

EDIT:

This appears to not be the case.

The death of these Syndicate Allies should have 0 Impact on XP/Standing. To quote a morbid dev: "You can let them die all you want with no penalty". Will play through at lunch more to see if I notice anything fishy! Aggro levels also have been noted.

Dev confirmation that myself and SgtFlex had some other issue with our missions, and the deviation of Synicate Standing was not related to the death of the syndicate member.

That being said, many members of the community who have come to this thread seeking information regarding the topic have expressed a desire to have the option of bringing the syndicate members along anyway, for various other reasons, including but not limited to:

-Obstruction of gunfire

-Obstruction of camera elements

-Inability to stealth play (this one is huge considering functions of stealth just got a rework)

-In rare cases, can cause unintentional player suicide with erratic movement patterns

Edited by AureusVulpes

If this is true, then we certainly should have an option for support or not.

I think it is as well, because I ran a daily earlier with probably 3500 reward, and I got barely above 3500 when I ran it. IIRC, putting on the right sigil should give quite a boost to rep points as well, and I certainly did a lot in the mission. The only thing I could think of was the fact that one of them did indeed die.

Besides, they're actually a nuisance when you're trying to stealth any regular missions like Exterminate. They just go in guns blazing and set off alarms left and right.

They have bad AI,especially when you want to do stealth missions, Here I am, sneaking along, picking off enemies with my Opticor, then They show up and ruin my stealth, I could've done the mission alone.

EDIT: After looking on the forums a bit, I don't think I quite believe in what I heard about "most responsive development team".

Edited by DAFIRE
rage posts aren't good for anyone please be more polite on the forums

Note to self to check this tomorrow when in office, first I'm hearing of it... 

Looking forward to seeing your findings, Rebecca. Perhaps we can shed some light on this and get some closure as to whether this is intended, a bug, or maybe even a display error.

EDIT: Despite the negative tone of my OP,  I'm sincerely hopeful that what myself and SgtFlex experienced were anomalies, and not at all actual punishment for "allowing" an AI to die in the mission. Suffice to say I wasn't at all pleased with the only logical conclusion that I could draw from what i was experiencing.

Edited by AureusVulpes

Personally I'd love to have an option to tell my "support" to leave, or at least lurk at the start.  Sometimes you just want to stealth your way through the mission looking for medallions, y'know? Not an option when you have two trigger-happy hopefuls in tow.

Also, the annoying thing is, they have awful AI, especially for stealth. Here I am, sneaking along, picking off enemies with my Opticor and when they show up? They shoot up the place and everyone and their mother is now after my rank 5 Mesa. Great. Thanks guys. I could've done without your crap.

EDIT: After looking on the forums a bit, I don't think I quite believe in what I heard about "most responsive development team".

This.

I hate them.

I wouldn't mind seeing them removed from the game, more often than not they are nothing more than a hindrance.

i think they are useful for say everyother mission except spy and exterminate. If we can have them not spawn i those two game types i think everyone should be happpy. Eventhough you cant please everyone at once.

They're fun and sometimes helpful given the right mission type. But like others, trying to be stealthy and seeing them run in "BADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA!!!!" is not so much fun.

Also mind you the "BADADADADADADADADADADADADADADA!!!!" is them firing telos akboltos... how their tiny lil fingers can shoot as fast as any fully automatic weapon is beyond me.

As long as they stay in missions like defense/exterminate/survival or the like, don't enter spy missions, and stay out of my line of fire... the extra allies are nice to have around. As soon as one of them blocks a good shot tho, they can go wander off on their own. I'd rather go it alone then.

Back to OP.  Never had one die before. But I'll keep an eye out and report any findings too. :)
*Edited for the last sentence entry.

Edited by Keyse

i think they are useful for say everyother mission except spy and exterminate. If we can have them not spawn i those two game types i think everyone should be happpy. Eventhough you cant please everyone at once.

Don't forget about rescue and sabotage.

Personally I like to try and be more stealthy in missions that are not survival, Defense, Mobile Defense, and Hive(?)(haven't reached a r5 syndicate mission yet, but I hear hive missions do spawn) So basically anything where I can pace my way through the level and not let every enemy in the galaxy know I'm in that room, is when I try and not be a guns blazing idiot, like those two dead weights that were added into syndicate missions.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

Or just change the AI so they don't attack unalerted enemies.

YAY at least I am not alone with asking DE to make the npc an option to run in the syndicate missions.

It cant be that hard to create and option prior to loading into the mission if we want them along side or not.

I did write a letter to support about my views on the npc of the syndicate missions: but am yet to get a reply.

Edited by Orcais

Maybe they should just remove that feature, where if they die, you lose points. Stupid feature if it's not a bug. That said, I like the Syndicate allies. Maybe they should be an option for stealth, but making them an option for coop wouldn't work; who decides to allow them or not? Do players vote on it? If you want to go stealth, then go solo, and then they can be optional for solo missions.

I find them annoyingly impractical for stealth and a visual / aiming hindrance on par with kubrow when fighting. One of them "fetched" my castana for me in the middle of a solo stalker fight ... you can imagine the result. The other one froze up during the fight, too - still healthy, but stuck mid-run animation.

Even in defending objectives they're a frustration, as they're entirely incapable of not following you around the corner to where they have no LOS.

They need to be able to stick to cover in a fight, and path to objectives without pulling ahead of the player(s).

Edited by Novocrane

Well damn, I actively try to get them killed for my own sanity!

I play syndicate missions solo to hunt medallions, not to have derpy AI in tron jumpsuits block my fire at every chance and make so much noise I cannot hear where the enemies are shooting from.

To quote a famous pretend man, "I never asked for this."

Make them optional please!