Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Kubrows Still Used?

Creamydessert

Thanks a lot for asking!

Since you clearly missed when [DE]Rebecca addressed this question directly some week ago, here is a link to her post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/381066-coming-soon-devstream-44/page-8#entry4202633

As you can appreciate, Kubrows are used 41% of the time against 59% of the sentinels.

In summary, Kubrows are going very strong. My guess is that you mainly use public matchmaking, where Kubrows are somewhat more rare.

i see them used quite often. More than any other sentinel besides Carrier. 

edit: post above mine proved exactly what i said. Kubrows are used more than the other sentinels besides Carrier. I am still surprised that the other sentinels are even used as much though. I wouldve thought Carrier accounted for 80% of sentinel use.

They are typically used for showing off (I envy the blue lotus kubrows..). Sentinels in general provide a wide range of uses from recharging shields, to deploying a barrier when reviving that teammate in hell.

My Huras cloaking ability if far more useful than any sentinel ability, and its reliable.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Thanks a lot for asking!

Since you clearly missed when [DE]Rebecca addressed this question directly some week ago, here is a link to her post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/381066-coming-soon-devstream-44/page-8#entry4202633

As you can appreciate, Kubrows are used 41% of the time against 59% of the sentinels.

In summary, Kubrows are going very strong. My guess is that you mainly use public matchmaking, where Kubrows are somewhat more rare.

And I'll say again, that I don't believe those statistics at all.  Same way I don't believe the "14 million players" statistic they put out.  They put out pretty fishy numbers in general.

They are but since they take a small amount of effort to maintain most people don't. 

why waste credits and time on a tamagotchi when you can just get a sentinel that requires nothing and doesn't have a 3 hour waiting time to switch between sentinels? I see absolutely no benefit to using a tamagotchi.

And I'll say again, that I don't believe those statistics at all.  Same way I don't believe the "14 million players" statistic they put out.  They put out pretty fishy numbers in general.

I respect your point of view. I do agree that data is always to be taken with some care.

However, human beings are notoriously unreliable witnesses. We are forgetful and partial. DE has accurate data (even if you doubt that they give us accurate data, they do have it themselves) and they think that the Kubrow usage is satisfying. Do with this what you will.

why waste credits and time on a tamagotchi when you can just get a sentinel that requires nothing and doesn't have a 3 hour waiting time to switch between sentinels? I see absolutely no benefit to using a tamagotchi.

Because some of us are not like most gamers nowadays, who want everything insta and easy mode...

I use my Kubrow all the time, so much that sometimes I even forget Sentinels exist lol...

Huras cloaks is extremely helpful  when

- you need to revive a teammate

-hack terminals with enemies around

-get ambushed

-use powers and still remain unseen

-rescue prisoners without setting off alarms

- get swarmed by infested

-need to stealth a level solo with a non-stealth frame

and its reliable too,  doesnt seem to have a time limit and cost no energy (so its even helpful in no energy nightmare mode)

In contrast, Carrier picks up mods for you. Sure its helpful, but its something i can easily compensate for. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

Huras cloaks is extremely helpful  when

- you need to revive a teammate

-hack terminals with enemies around

-get ambushed

-use powers and still remain unseen

-rescue prisoners without setting off alarms

- get swarmed by infested

-need to stealth a level solo with a non-stealth frame

and its reliable too,  doesnt seem to have a time limit and cost no energy (so its even helpful in no energy nightmare mode)

In contrast, Carrier picks up mods for you. Sure its helpful, but its something i can easily compensate for. 

Sure your not talking about the shade sentinel?

Sorry my bad shade can do all that, and bring back your shields, has a ranged weapon and it's stats are not dependent on your own warframes stats.

But Kubrows are fun, but the 3hr wait, the fact they can really only do one thing, and are non-elemental melee only, really makes me use sentinels a lot more.

If they add at lest a few more things, and give us away to remove the 3hr wait then yeah i can see people using kubrows a lot more

They are better at offence than sentinels, I've never seen my sentinel take out a level 40 heavy gunner