March 13Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

3,234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My only problem with this whole AFK debate, is that it just beating around the bush, but not solving the problem. A game system that decides if someone is eligible for rewards/energy/whatever is a bad way to handle this. Firstly, the false positives. Secondly, what if a few friends decide to help a new friend of theirs level their stuff, and this newbie just sits still until the big guys take care of the mission? In this case the AFK status of the player was accepted by the team. (Even if this is a crap example) Thirdly, what about the players who are not contributing to the mission, just running around following the ones who do the killing. In this case this player is also an unwanted one, just like an AFK player, the team doesn't want him to leech (opposite to the previous example), and want to get rid of them. The AFK system won't flag him. 

So whats better? The ability to pick our team, and get rid of the leechers. Even a half-legged system which only activates after 2 minutes would help a little. But proper team management tools are really needed.

My personal feeling on the whole afk thing is that it should be 3 or 4 mins as that gives enough time for what ever may be causing you to go afk, but after that time the person should be immediately kicked from the game. How this could work is by having a 2 minute window which afk players will still receive rewards from but then after that any rewards earned in the time left before they are kicked will not be given to the player. Once kicked the player should still receive all rewards that they would've received in the time they weren't afk.

Edited by (PS4)Matsypie

My only problem with this whole AFK debate, is that it just beating around the bush, but not solving the problem. A game system that decides if someone is eligible for rewards/energy/whatever is a bad way to handle this. Firstly, the false positives. Secondly, what if a few friends decide to help a new friend of theirs level their stuff, and this newbie just sits still until the big guys take care of the mission? In this case the AFK status of the player was accepted by the team. (Even if this is a crap example) Thirdly, what about the players who are not contributing to the mission, just running around following the ones who do the killing. In this case this player is also an unwanted one, just like an AFK player, the team doesn't want him to leech (opposite to the previous example), and want to get rid of them. The AFK system won't flag him. 

So whats better? The ability to pick our team, and get rid of the leechers. Even a half-legged system which only activates after 2 minutes would help a little. But proper team management tools are really needed.

Yeah leeches are the real problem. Maybe team members should have the option to identify someone is leeching and if all of the other team members identify this then the person is kicked.

When it comes to sniper rifles, I was at least hoping that we'd see the Lanka buffed up to match the Bows in crit capability.  I mean, it has some of the same disadvantages as the bows, charge time and projectile travel time, plus the zoom aim, which is mostly a disadvantage outside of a few specific rooms in certain tilesets. Meanwhile, the only actual advantage it has over the bows is its overall fire rate, since it doesn't have the minor reload time in between every shot.

Perhaps a good solution is for sniper rifles to have special innate bonuses to weakpoint shots above other weapons?

AFK system

Should be shorter. If you cant play then dont play. Crap happens? Too bad. Life is tough.

Frost

Bring back old Avalanche with the longer CC.

Capture the Cephalon

Meh, lag.

Oh, i still got that "cannot connect to host" bug. So forget lag cause i wont be playing it.

Fixed. So i will be able to connect!

But, still.... lag.

That will probably be my fault, though.

Sniper Rifles

Snipers dont work in certain game modes because the game has turned into Dynasty Warriors and people are used to main weapon being the only thing to use. So no one things making the secondary the main weapon and the sniper the backup weapon. This means snipers get used for games modes that are not enemy heavy that need to be killed.

I used the Snipetron Vandal for the Rank 14 mastery test and for some solo tact mission a while back. Basically, i pull them out when i need them.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

-AFK-

ok... this entire thing with afk-can´t-loot-energy-because-e-gate-abuse-bullsh.. was simply housemade.

the problem... while channeling ultimates (banschee, mesa etc.) we can´t gain energy by aura, trin or pads and neither run after orbs. then we got greedy pull to pass these restrictions by and bring the energy to them. when people found out how ridiculous high the spawnrate on e-gate was they started to exploit it.

now you shot with your afk-rule-shotgun at a problem which could cut off by a scalpel and the community heated up.

you made your "nerf" with the spawnrate... ok... but why the hell this afk-thing and not a closer look at greedy pull or energy gain of the specific ultimates?

don´t get me wrong... i liked the first idea of an afk-rule which withhold the missionrewards but please don´t mess with our loot while we are in the mission.

you want a time for your afk-rule? if you consider to trigger it while being channeling an ultimate... take a banshee with arcane reverb, max primed flow and max efficiency and you´ll have your number.

Edited by Gnude

AFK system needs refinement and a good example is Frost in defense or mobile defense. Bubble the objective and have the team stand inside it, everyone gets flagged for afk because there is no need to move. I feel that 2 minute afk timer is good but basing it solely on movement is not right.

Frost's Bubble bobble needs an indicator of it's health, less visual effect inside (currently workaround is to use black as energy color) and less glare near the edge when looking along it. Avalanche should be duration based aoe, like Ember's third ability. First ability could be turned to increase Frost's mobility, perhaps a considerable boost to slide while leaving a slippery wake.

Sniper rifles need punch through and more damage to be a viable option for more than being a toy for lower level missions. Heavy recoil to balance it. Out of all the sniper rifles I find Snipetron Vandal give the most satisfaction but it lacks in damage to be very useful higher end missions. I think either buff the current snipers or introduce some anti-tank cannon that makes your enemies go boom, your ears ring and shoulder hurt every time you fire it (something like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lahti_L-39 ). Personally I would prefer a revamp of the current snipers.

AFK system

AFK should be determined by players. I hate leechers as much as the next man, but it isn't the choice of a one-size-fits-all program to make for me. I'm fine with there being an "afk" flag, but I vote ABSOLUTELY NOT to any form of AFK penalty... at least when imposed by an unsentient computer program that cannot distinguish between a friend taking a bio/coffee/snack/RL break among other friends, and a leeching newb/jerk. Let there be a vote system that can only be triggered IFF that person is detected to be AFK by the system, at which point in time penalties can be determined. Point is, your arbitrary AFK penalties will only irritate players into not playing at all.

Ran a T4 Defense today, and while no one really sat still very long (since we collected loot every wave), I've been in plenty of defense and survival missions where no one moved much, if at all. Doesn't mean we were AFK or using macros, we just had a very efficient gauntlet for our victims to run through. Like back when we had that infested breed event, round the time the new Infested came out. My clan was consistently trying for 2 hr runs, and the only way to get there reliably was to set yourselves up in a room, using terrain to avoid getting hit by spit. There wasn't much room to move, unless you wanted to get yourself one-shot. If your AFK system relies on movement alone, then we wouldn't have been "at the keyboard" according to your system for more than 10 minutes.

Frost

Frost is fairly decent ATM. Freeze is mediocre, at best. I rarely use it, unless I'm going solo and want to buy time for a reload. If I'm in a group, I'll just use avalanche, if I don't already have Snowglobe up. Don't know how this can be made better, perhaps making it have a persistent explosion effect, where all enemies that enter the radius are frozen? Maybe make it so that they take much greater impact damage, IDK.

Icewave, when paired with the augment, is absolutely awesome. Adds plenty of choices to the game, did an excellent job. Dislike having to give up a mod slot though.

Snowglobe is decent, particularly now that it can stack with itself. I really, really want to be able to see how much HP is left at any given time, and I don't mean a stupid percentage. I want to be able to see the exact amount of damage is being taken, and how quickly my HP buffer is running out. Visibility could be improved, but I've taken to using black energy color to circumvent that problem. Might consider having the invuln time/absorption scaling with mods though, as there is little to no reason to NOT run a no duration, max efficiency loadout for long duration endless content. Even this is more comfortably done with a max range Loki and a Vauban, since Snowglobe still doesn't scale the best later on.

Avalanche is decent, I use it for the aoe stun, but that's it. The damage (at least when building an efficient Snowglobe) is meh. I would like to see a change to make all enemies affected by Avalanche to be frozen, even if this is just an augment mod.

Sniper Rifles

I have the tendency to enjoy sniper rifles in general, but they just feel underwhelming when compared to their similar cousins, the bows. Every bow can outdamage sniper weapons, in every category (Damage per shot, burst damage, and sustained damage). What I feel needs to happen is that Sniper rifles get a significant headshot/weakpoint bonus, and more reliable crit chance. Sniper weapons, particularly when used unscoped, need to feel like true skill-based weapons. The Vectis is in a good place (for the most part), but the inaccessibility of Primed Chamber reduces the viability of the Vectis in end-game content for the rest of the playerbase. And even with Primed Chamber more accessible (or a more-expensive "Prime" equivalent, to not insult those who legitimately worked to earn theirs), that won't significantly help the rest of the sniper weapons.

I strongly feel that the best course of action is to make the sniper weapons extremely weakpoint-hit reliant, cementing this class of weapon as a skill-based weapon.

I don't think we need more sniper rifles and I wish they were competitive with other weapons

I feel like the zoom being decreased on the non vectis snipers could help

I also wish the dps was similar to mid-high tier(about 16k dps with the bows would be nice)

And I know the vectis with primed cheer is really good but thts only it with a near impossible mod to get

AFK - I think the timer should be 3 mins. But it should be pretty harsh penalties. And it should also have an auto kick after a while to remove those that start a mission only to AFK and expect others to finish it for them.

Frost - Frosts pretty good where he is, I just think his ice wave should temporarily stick enemies that it hits to the surface they are standing on.

Snipers - Snipers are pretty weak for what they are. They should do alot more damage, and maybe be a little harder to use to compensate (IE scope sway)

Capture the Cephalon - Looks neat, I really want to try the new PvP modes.

The problem with the afk system is that the players can get stuff when they are not around/doing anything. The game can determine easily that the player was afk or not (not moving AND not using powers or weapons at all), and knows when it started and how long it was. There can be some additional thresholds built in, but in general, for each game mode it can simply ignore the rewards only for that period of time. Examples:

* defense/survival: if the player is afk during a wave/5min, for more than 2 minutes, he won't get that round's reward.

* excavation/spy: player is afk during an excavation/room should not get that particular reward tied to the excavator/room.

* exterminate and the like: player is afk for a certain percentage of the full run's time, plus his team contribution is below a certain percentage (damage, revives, etc.), plus he's delaying the extraction, he will not get the end rewards - for example in a starchart conflict node, where you have to run 3 or 5 times, you don't have that run counted in.

This should be shown in the end result screen, like "mission finished" (nor successful, nor failed), with a distinct color, plus showing the rewards greyed out the player missed.

AFK System

No opinion, haven't been affected by these changes. I do, however, believe that the primary purpose of this system should be not to punish players absent due to an emergency but to not reward leechers.

Frost
Oh man, this guy. You know, I think that as soon as Limbo was released, Frost lost his one and only useful ability he had to offer, and was sent away into the "unwanted frames" corner to cry with his buddies Rhino (outclassed by Valkyr, Mesa and even Mirage), Zephyr (what was she supposed to do, again?) and Ember (damage and.. what, nothing, just damage? Ok.). For a Warframe with control over ice, he's surprisingly not good at stopping enemies. Like, at all. 

Freeze is so underwhelming even its projectile is barely noticeable, and it freezes one enemy at best. I don't really know much about Warframe back when Frost was just released, but however the things went back then is not how it is now. A power that can briefly stop just one enemy today is just laughably worthless

Ice wave is underwhelming. It's only somewhat remedied by its augment that, hilariously, gives the ability a trait that it should possess to begin with because without it Ice Wave brings nothing to the table. Just making one single power somewhat good SHOULD NOT require an ENTIRE MOD SLOT. There's a whole lot of issues with augments that I could go on for a length but it's a discussion for another time.

In short, Ice Wave Impedance should be an innate feature. Or even better, make the wave "live" for a while longer and have it freeze enemies it's hit directly in place for as long as the wave doesn't melt.

Snow Globe makes Frost a one-trick pony. Not because it is broken or overpowered, no, it's because he has nothing else to offer. And obviously, as soon as a frame with a similar, but far more useful and better scaling ability comes out, Frost just fades out. Limbo doesn't need to be the perfect defensive warframe to outclass and overshadow Frost, he just has to be a bit better than him.
Avalanche is very illogical and counter-intuitive. It freezes its victims.... only to break them free moments after? Wha? And for what?! 1500 ice damage?! He looks like a silly Saryn wannabe when casting his ultimate, except he tries to put his own spin on it and in doing so fails miserably at everything. He wants to look cool and S#&$ and freezes everyone around him and then goes like "uhhhh, wait, I wanted to damage them too, uhhhh" and with whatever strength he has left he tickles his foes and, of all things, breaks them free. Yeah, make him trip on his coat while you're at, this won't get any more pathetic. Ugh.

...What I'm saying is, I don't really know how to help him here. Just rework the power completely. There's so much more you could do with Ice Warframe's ultimate than a dissatisfying "damage everything in an area".

And, clearly, I'm rather dissatisfied with Frost. Really, really not a fan of where he is right now.

CTFC - Cool cool, still pretty excited to try it out. Maybe it's a former UT player I've got in me that's speaking right now. I was looking forward to this sort of thing when I first heard of PVP before U10 released and I'm glad Conclave is finally shaping up to what it should be.

Sniper rifles - Need unique mechanics to stand out more. Innate punch through for all of them is one thing. They should also have an increased damage multiplier on weakspots, headshots, etc. More unique mods that alter their behavior (explosive rounds?) would also be welcome. Right now every rifle except maybe Vectis can be described as "a Latron that sucks".

More sniper rifles? Improve them overall first, and then we'll see. Sure, more shiny toys would be nice, but don't just solve the problem of a non-viable weapon class by band-aiding it with releasing an overpowered sniper rifle and calling it a day.

Edited by Artarrwen

Just gonna go down the list and address each topic.

I voted no opinion on both afk question because none of the options accurately described my feelings. Im fine with an afk timer if it would count more than movement as non-afk. if i stand still for two minutes and keep, say, cataclysm up on a pod at like wave 24 in a t4d im counted as afk but i can move from my spot cause if i do i die nearly the instant i leave the rift and if i rift walk to leave to bubble im not doing so to do anything other than revives cause i cant pick the loot around so i end up standing on top of the pod watching my timers and my team's health. At the end of that i end up afk even though i was actively canceling my ability early to place a new one down and casting different abilities over the course of it and now i cant do that cause ill stop gaining energy cause im afk even though im actively doing things. I just want afk to register that 0 input made if afk or if thats too easy to macro past if the same button is pressed or the same combo with the same timing repeatedly and the camera not moved at all in that time that can qualify. Cause even if im spamming cata in a t4d im still looking around to make sure nothing has gotten in unnoticed.

As far as getting rewards. I care not as long as whats qualified as afk is refined more.

No opinion on frost as ive not quite had the chance to level the one i have waiting in my foundry.

So far from what ive seen of CTC im liking it. Ive not really delved deep into the realm of pvp but if it's going to be well balanced im quite exited to check it out.

Ah, sniper rifles. My issue is theyre frequently outclassed by other weapon types because they arent able to really utilize their primary advantage. Range. Theyre also lacking a bit in damage but thats a side effect of having to be balanced to not be so much more powerfull that its game breaking. What i want to do with a sniper is 'reach out and touch someone'....in the head....from 2k meters away...without them ever knowing is was there. This isnt exactly doable with the nature of most tilesets being setup in the tight confines of a ship and i understand and accept that fact but all snipers end up being then is bigger versions of the latron. and well there are already bigger better versions of the latron so why use a sniper? i think that answers why i put no opinion on the final question. Theres not an option that accurately fits my thoughts on whether there should be more snipers.

Edited by Caobie

Honestly, I don't see a need for the AFK system in it's current state. If anything, it should only kick in if a player really does NOTHING (Ability Spamming is important in some setups, such as Frost in late T4 Def), and tell the player and teammates about it.

Also, regarding rewards for AFKers, the problem about this is, if you have to answer the door/phone or need to go to the toilet at the wrong time you may miss out on a Nova Prime Chassis or something. I have no problem with people being AFK for a few minutes if they tell the team about it, and I tell the team if I'm gone for a minute.

It kinda solves the problem of exploits like E Gate, but honestly, the problem was the spawning behaviour in that tile.

Edited by UltimateSpinDash

2min is NOT AFK. My Peacemaker last more than 2 min or my Sound quake.

Why i go in an Afk modus if i use my abilities ? this is not acceptable.

Why would i play endless mission types if i need to move like an idiot to be 1 shooted from everywhere.

So with the afk system, Cover is invalid or camping to survive.

DE, AFK system is game breaking, if you want to suppress farming and playing it with FUN (yes killing thousands of enemies and farming stuff is FUN)

So do the big step and cap all the endless stuff at 20 wave and 20 min, and we are all happy, after that you dont have to worry about farming and we don't have an aspect to discuss.

No need to band aids, we don't need sham to tarnishes us.

Sniper rifles

They need a purpose in the game. They don't realy outshine anything... anywhere...

If you play in groups (pubs mostly) they aren't really any good for:

Exterminate, because just about any other weapon can kill faster.

Spy, because even though it's nice to take down the vault guards in one shot, you can still do this with many other weapons, and if you need that all important headshot, a sniper will only give you an advantage, if you need the enemy head to take up most of the screen, since the distances are so short.

MD, because you're mostly defending small room, and the enemies come swarming in. Automatic fire is your friend.

Defense, because too many enemies and not enough bullets. Punch through helps, but it still doesn't make your sniper shine.

It may be somewhat useful in Capture, because you can one shot the capture target, but you can do that with many other weapons as well.

My biggest wish for snipers is, that they have their role clearly outlined and defined. They also seem to need synergy with the rest of the game. Most levels are made from corridors and corners, and the pace of the game doesn't lend itself to finding a nice vantage point, because when you get there, your team mates have killed everything.

There are a few defense missions that have nice open grounds and long paths to look at, but that's more an exception than a rule.

Here's what I think could make snipers work better:

Firstly - Clean up the scopes. They are way to cluttered. Especially the Vulcar. Then you get rid of the charge mechanic. That's simply utter BS on a sniper. If you really want it to charge, make it do it automatically after a shot has been fired. You want to have a shot fired the moment you have the carget in sights, not 1 second later. Running around with the shot charged is just a needlessly stupid way to work around a mechaninc that doesn't fit the weapon.

Redesign the current snipers (maybe leave out event weapons). Define what purpose they have. Is this a short range support weapon, or a long range killer, that might as well be an anti material rifle? Is it for covert operations, or for picking out targets behind cover?

Redesign the tiles. There are a alarming lack of alternate routes, and those few that are doesn't seem to have been designed with sniping in mind.

Give us adjustable zoom levels. Having a million zoom on a scope is not exactly handy when you're fighting in a grineer galleon, and since there's no way to reduce zoom, you're just out of luck.

Maybe give snipers a mod slot, like that of auras or stances. An ammo type mod slot. This determines whether or not your sniper has impact, puncture, or slash as a primary damge type.

Make weapon swapping faster with snipers. Pulling out your sidearm is more crucial than ever, and having to wait for that slow-&#! animation is just off putting. I now there are mods for this, but it's not even close to being worth replacing a "essential" mod with.

They are specialist tools, and Warframe doesn't leave much room for that in its current state.

Because all the other things about frost and AFK have already been said, I'm just going to say what I think about snipers. They are strong, but their dps is too low. They can't be used as effectively in close range as other weapons and to deal the most damage you need to get a good shot, which is possible from further range. My recommendation is that if you zoom in on an enemy that the sniper automatically aims towards the weakspot, allowing for more frequent weakspot hits.

Only going to comment on Frost and Sniper Rifles.

Frost.

For the most part his abilities feel ok to me. Avalanche does feel somewhat underwhelming though.

What bothers me is how slow he is, i feel like a snail whenever i play him. To the point where the only time i use him is when snowglobe is a prerequisite, which as a solo player is defense or mobile defense.

In regards to sniper rifles, its a bit mixed, the only one i like is vectis. The problem i have with them including the vectis is the zoom/scope, there are few if any levels/tiles where that level of zoom is required. Would honestly consider sniping more if the zoom could be variable.

-Snippety snip-

AFK System

Alright so this week has been a bliss now hasn't it? Changes to AFK system were made and more than a few players were dissatisfied by these changes. While the goal of the changes itself were withing good intent, the way it was executed in a panic like state punished almost any players and especially some Warframe classes completely so it is clear it needs tweaking. I like the suggestion that after 2 or so minutes, the players would either lose their rewards or better yet, there would be a voting option.

I like the latter more because the first solution could be abused quite easily wheres the latter would give players a much more fair system to boot off the player that is not contributing to the mission as this way they could get another player to replace that bad player, a player that would actually contribute to the gameplay itself. It would also serve as a good reminder to those players who abuse other players for their own selfish gain that this sort of behavior will no longer do. This also leaves enough room for people to come back to play if some else distraction comes up like a necessary bathroom break or a call on the phone.

Frost 

You know for a long time I was somewhat satisfied with Frost kit and playstyle but now that I think of it a bit more, I think he needs tweaking. I like the idea of Ice Wave but it barely offers utility in for of CC and the augment it has is something it should have had by default I feel. The damage in it is also pretty poor so that is a fun concept but poor in practice ability in my opinion.

Freeze I think is also an issue because the radius of which it affects is incredibly small and while I understand it was not meant to be direct damage ability, the fact that it requires such a precise hit in addition to the long travel time makes it often unusable ability from anything beyond 5 meters and even then it is problematic ability to use sometimes. It is almost better to do something else instead so it is clear that a re-work of some kind is necessary.

Avalanche is pretty neat but I feel it could serve a better purpose if it left the enemies frozen for a little while after the ability has been used.

Snowglobe is a good ability in most scenarios. However I have heard it struggles with high level content and now that raids are coming. It might be wise to revisit how it works and balance it out more evenly across the systems. It is clear that in most content it already is a bubble of invulnerability wheres in end game content, any health based protection ability is useless. Be it Frost Snowglobe or Rhino Iron Skin for that matter.

Capture Cephalon

You know for a long time I was heavily opposed to PvP. but it looks good enough that I might actually finally jump into PvP. myself and enjoy it. I can not speak how it work in practice of course but looks promising. However that being said PvP. should never become main focus of the game, but it has its place now I think and is a good part in the game.

Sniper Rifles

Well I appreciate the buff they got but it did not really address the issue they have. You see once they were a valuable tool for players because enemies were few but tough in numbers so dispatching those high threat targets fast was necessity. Now? Well now we have hoards of enemies that need to be dispatched quickly and so weapons that can take out a single enemy at a time are struggling a lot. Even Bows are sometimes bad but at least they have innate puncture. However for the sake of argument I would pose that Sniper Rifles should take another path from not becoming re-skinned Bows. I think an AoE mod or properties for Sniper Rifles are necessary that take into account of their much higher damage and if the sacrifice of a damage mod is too high to equip this AoE mod then obviously the damage needs to be compensated properly.

Do I want more Sniper Rifles? Of course! Yes please ! However bring some more variation along with them. How about some sort of energy Sniper Rifle/Cannon hybrid that could spawn a small vortex if charged to the end and normally just shoot a piercing bolt of energy somewhat similarly to Lanka. And of course like I said that I want Sniper Rifles with the condition that they are somehow made a more viable option to choose to fight against groups of enemies, like an AoE mod. This is absolute necessity if they are ever to become viable weapon class option.

Of course also improve snipers so that long range enemies are actually a threat and that would mean you possibly necessarily need a Sniper Rifle or that having one within your team could be a great benefit for the whole team.

Hopefully my personal opinions and insights gave you some ideas what to do in the future about these things. Certainly I think there is a lot that can be done to improve these aspects of the game.

AFK system punishes players that shouldnt be punished, imo this is inexcusable and i would just trash the entire system right now, and then work on implementing something else after seeing how no afk timer affects the game and community. If "afk leechers" become an issue, add a votekick feature, actually, add a votekick feature anyway, why does this game not have a votekick feature?

Snipers are cool but they dont work because outside of exterminate and capture, enemies are constantly swarming you, and the idea behind a sniper rifle is not to kill off crowds. They are too niche. Impactical.

Frost is great because Globe is great, everything else is fairly useless, freeze doesnt rly do anything unless u have freeze force, because the enemy will just instantly unfreeze as soon as u shoot it.

Ice Wave is only used because of the augment, without the augment the ability is pointless, like many have said before, the augment should not be an augment, it should be an innate mechanic of the base ability.

Avalanche is a pure dmg aoe, give it a guaranteed cold proc to all enemies hit or a stagger affected by duration, just like Saryn has.

I understand why AFK is being implemented. But it is way too punishing for players using frames that REQUIRE to stop moving for a certain period of time in certain mission types. Not to mention, the "AFK tracker" really needs fixing. It seems that once tagged, getting rid of the AFK mark can be very difficult and require players to run halfway around the level to finally be "free" of it. I understand why using abilities does not remove it (macros and such), but the AFK tracker should be more lenient toward toggleable abilities IMHO. Or be implemented in a different way, through prompts that require interaction by the players maybe?

I think Frost isn't in such a bad spot. I mean every frame with a kit based more on damage than anything scales horribly bad. Also, the fact that Frost, a DEFENSIVE frame, has more damage based abilities than DEFENSIVE abilities seems really stupid illogical... Don't you think?^^'

There are also other frames that need some "dusting" of their kits, some of them more than others, due to how old/wonky the mechanics they use are, or how newer frames and/or augments steal their thunder. Just saying...

I never PvP in WarGUNS. Sorry, but nothing you guys do will change that, my PvP burnout is still quite strong. That being said, the new mode seems to be much better than Dark Sectors/conclave. Maybe PvE Dark sectors could make a come back, in a different way?

I don't think anything you do will actually help snipers much. Maybe a bit, but not much. By design, sniper rifles have a very specific use : taking out high value targets. They're not made to kill lots of enemies very fast, or for close-to-mid range combat. The few DMRs (Latron series) we have get the job done because they close the gap between assault rifles and sniper rifles, giving them the flexibility sniper rifles can never have. That's why they work, while sniper rifles don't. Because they are "situational" in this game. And other weapons can dish out heavy damage per shot at long range, making sniper rifles appear redundant and weaker. Unless all sniper rifles become semi-automatic, with adjustable scopes and maybe a bit more ammo (so basically what DMRs are), I don't think they will ever really fit in the game, apart from specific missions/scenarii.

Edited by Marthrym

AFK
As long as there is a need to grind for resources, drops or credits (basically as long as there is a reward system in place for playing), you are always going to have those who try to profit from the work of others. As it stands right now, in general I care more about those people who are in such a hurry to run through missions they force extraction while you're still hunting for syndicate medallions than I do about those who are AFK (and I see the former a lot more than the latter, too). However, I can see AFK players becoming a problem with raids and more end-game content where the rewards are more valuable and the impact of one AFK player on the outcome can be more profound (as we saw in some of the recent events, to a limited extent). I would agree with many here that consequences shouldn't be automatic, though, but based upon a vote from the group.

Frost
I only recently started playing Frost, and mostly use him for Defense and Mobile Defense missions (both solo and group). For those purposes, I think he is quite fine, and I use all his abilities (although I disproportionately use Snow Globe, which I guess means the other abilities need a rework to make them all equally useful). An automatic freeze proc on all his damaging abilities would be nice, and consistent with the buff that Ember got.

I would also say that I would prefer to see Frames more specialized.  Frost should excel at Defense and Mobile Defense missions, and be less capable in Exterminate or Capture.  I would hope any changes that he gets will be towards those ends...not more damage, but more defense and/or crowd control options.

Sniper Rifles
I play the sniper role in quite a few games. It is one I enjoy, and I'm pretty good at it in PvE. That said, typically playing the sniper requires a slower, more methodical pace that is often possible in Warframe. Sometimes when I am playing solo with Zephyr or Loki, I can control the pace enough to snipe, but usually after hitting one or two targets the others are rushing you and without a cover system, you are back to the same frantic gunplay that makes other weapons more practical. Considering the "run through and melee everything" approach that many seem to like in PUGs, playing the role of the sniper in a group is very difficult.

I do have both the Vectis and Vulkar, and while I like them, their damage is suboptimal at higher levels where head shot criticals still are not automatic kills. You are better off using Dread or Paris. If sniper rifles are to have their fair chance, they need to do at least as much damage and have equivalent chance for red criticals as bows (and the latter can be effectively used at short range, too).

While I have not tried the Lanka yet (it is currently waiting on a few more Field Irons I am unmotivated to seek out), it does seem to me that the charge mechanic means I once again may as well just use a bow.  Sniper rifles should have the advantage of rate of fire over bows.

Edited by The-Lone-Gamer

AFK: The restrictions should only be placed in the game once DE can find a good way to determin if the player is AFK. 2mins is too short but if it's too long players could go AFK then just come back and press a button, suddenly no penalty.

Frost: If level 80 raids is end-game then Frost is going to be practically useless. Snowglobe goes down too easily, and his attack moves are far under powered especially avalanche.

PVP: Still worried about the spawns/spawn campers, I'll have to wait for the update to see.

Sniper rifles: Overall they are under powered for non-automatic sniper rifles. I use them rarely and only vectis/opticore (it's a sniping gun :P) as I don't have a snipertron and lanka requires a charge but it is still weak. The spaces that we are usualy forced into require a gun more appropriate. That's why sniper rifles are only really viable for planets. Even then, if you are palying in a team they'll most likely run a head and kill the targets before you have a shot.

Yes I think more variety in sniper rifles would be great.

Edited by Postal_pat