Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Armor Permanently Attached?

Kaokasalis

So having just read https://warframe.com/news/building-warframe-underwater-lab-concept and seeing the concept of a Grineer celling thing welding armor on a soldier and this "A service terminal that regulates a complex machine or entire facility would require a clone specifically designed to such a task. Cloned infantry would need armor attached before deployment -- a permanent process and rite of passage for any soldier." makes me wonder if Grineer soldiers have Armor that is permanently attached to them.

If so then Grineer bunk beds must suck...

Knowing from a "Ask a Cephalon" where Corydon told us that the average Grineer only lives a few years before decaying and if this "permanent armor" is true then i am really starting to get a feeling for just how expendable Grineer soldiers are.

Edited by Ory_Hara

I'd imagine it'd works something like a way of sustaining life. It's probably in the form of armor being that the Grineer is a combat/war driven race.

Like the only thing holding them together is the armor, and under it they are just a loose collection of muscles and organs.

Eww, that's a really gross idea actually. In a good way.

OK: LORE TIME!!!

Corpus: It's basically a religion. It wasn't revealed what they worship other than possibly the void seen from the last event. Those part of this group do it for profit, however their is a higher council focused on becoming the monarchy in the solar system.

Greneer: A clone race. We don't know about the queens but technically every greneer is a clone of the ideal solder. They are trained from birth to fight and die. It is in fact a slave race bread to only fight for their queen nothing more nothing less. They are not capable of thinking against their queens.

Infested: A hivemind of a disease that breaks down flesh and mutates it. Every infested solder is created from a dead Greneer/Corpus/Tenno. The Infested are basically reincarnated corpses fighting against us.

Tenno: The last surviving Orokin species that was created to kill. They are theorized to be children taken from their families to be expirmented on and mutated to become the ultimate solder. They are monsters in a human form.

Most of this is theories, none of this is completely confirmed by the DE. I am quite confident I summarized everything from the Wiki though I AM ONLY HUMAN!

Edited by Feallike

Greneer: A clone race. We don't know about the queens but technically every greneer is a clone of the ideal solder. They are trained from birth to fight and die. It is in fact a slave race bread to only fight for their queen nothing more nothing less. They are not capable of thinking against their queens.

Except for the fact there were Grineer who rebelled, and stopped being Grineer to become Steel Meridian. Meaning they ARE capable of thinking. Just as Vor was to where he ended up dabbling in things he shouldn't have, and Vay Hek for actually taking a huge gamble with Grineer resources which requires alot of thinking, but then again the design, purpose, and how many lost shows it was a failed gamble not to mention Law of Retribution where the Tenno break, and kill more Grineer related things. So yes they can think freely, and even against the Queens not just in becoming Steel Meridian, or trying to gain more power and becoming something more, but also in the matter of taking waaaay too many resources to get the job done when the Queens obviously do not like to waste resources.

Except for the fact there were Grineer who rebelled, and stopped being Grineer to become Steel Meridian. Meaning they ARE capable of thinking. Just as Vor was to where he ended up dabbling in things he shouldn't have, and Vay Hek for actually taking a huge gamble with Grineer resources which requires alot of thinking, but then again the design, purpose, and how many lost shows it was a failed gamble not to mention Law of Retribution where the Tenno break, and kill more Grineer related things. So yes they can think freely, and even against the Queens not just in becoming Steel Meridian, or trying to gain more power and becoming something more, but also in the matter of taking waaaay too many resources to get the job done when the Queens obviously do not like to waste resources.

I've always thought that the Grineer who rebelled and formed the Steel Meridian either had formed in the very early stages of the Grineer empire, when clone deterioration wasn't as big of a deal, or they were high-ranking officers that weren't bred for combat, but to lead and thus weren't as heavily augmented as the standard footsoldier.

Now, I can only imagine how depressing it would be if all you were ever designed and meant to be is be some random dude with a stick/cleaver for a weapon to fend off extremely lethal and dangerous Tenno.