The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #52

[DE]Rebecca

since the devstream 51 i just cant stop thinking about the Orbiter Compartment, like every day and night i've been thinking what will be in it?

The question is, when will you guys be planning on releasing it? can we see a little sneak peak inside the new orbiter compartment (if you already have :D)

NOTICE ME REBECCA ONE-SAMA!!! thank you :D

Edited by julio.motol

I have two questions:

#1) Will we get more/different types of companions like Kubrows and sentinels? I know that there's a thread that was featured in a Prime time with a flying creatures.

#2) Can we get some more sentinel weapons? Like Flame throwers? Mini Rocket Launchers? Snipers? some different kind of projectile weapons similar to the current none sentinel weapons? (I mainly want a flame thrower sentinel weapon because I feel that the Wyrm Prime looks like a Chinese Dragon, and it needs to breath fire.)

Will weapons with alt fire such as the quanta ever get the ability to zoom? It seems like a shame so many people toss very interesting weapons side because of something as trivial as not being able to zoom on a target. (most recent case being the quanta vandal)

thats the point, weapons like quanta, have a powerfull ( or atleast good ) secondary fire mod unlike other weapons, but the disadvantage is the fact that you cant zoom in

Hey guys! just wanna ask if you're taking on count or at least just a little look, like a cool example for make some new ideas and mechanics, to the movement in the Naruto Storm games for Parkour 2.0. I loved the fluid animations of the whole Storm games, i think they're amazing, and i'd like to see something similar to that cool smoothness. Well, just that, cheers from a player!   

1.Will we get stealth kill's or finisher animations for the moas and other mobs that don't have stealth kill or finisher animations?

2.You said that you will bring back melee charge attacks.When will we receive melee charge attacks?

Edited by SkOmoww

1) Would being able to bounce off of ceiling for an extra power strike be a thing potentially coming soon?

2) Would there ever be the potential of a valkyr prime at all?

3) With the new parkour will there be a plethora of new animations for movement?

2)* Valkyr prime would be possible, but it would be a whole new frame, powers may be similair thats true, but alot would be changed

and I fell like this would give the community a bad taste in their mounts, but valkyr wraith could be a thing I guess, or Valkyr v2.0 , a continuation of Salad's V tests

1.Will we get stealth kill animations for the moas and other mobs that don't have stealth kill animations?

2.You said that you will bring back melee charge attacks.When will we receive melee charge attacks?

I would love to see 1) answered, its quite irritating in high lvls, since you need some extra dmg

2)* Valkyr prime would be possible, but it would be a whole new frame, powers may be similair thats true, but alot would be changed

and I fell like this would give the community a bad taste in their mounts, but valkyr wraith could be a thing I guess, or Valkyr v2.0 , a continuation of Salad's V tests

Valkyr Prime would be a healed version of Valkyr, with orokin tech replacing all the corpus tech.  They can also still make the Pre-Valkyr frame which would be a run of warframes that was Valkyr before the corpus.

I am still curious which Cephalon has the best cupcake recipe.  Ya know, the important questions!!!

ordis for sure

10g of grineer skin

60g of corpus blood

3 technocide virus samples

Vor's hearth

10 photos of rebbeca for the looks

and for the end

one sliced up, toxic ancient

bake for 600 hours in temperature of 2400 *c 

cool off

add some destroyed grineer dreams

Bon appetit !

Valkyr Prime would be a healed version of Valkyr, with orokin tech replacing all the corpus tech.  They can also still make the Pre-Valkyr frame which would be a run of warframes that was Valkyr before the corpus.

its either :

pre valkyr 

healed valkyr

pissed off valkyr

I wanted to withhold comment on the subject until we got our hands on the real polish-focused content of the "year of quality," but from what I've heard Simaris' lore quips are underwhelming and we're nearing the halfway mark without any real polish, except to PVP. Not entirely surprisingly, we're still being fed a steady diet of new, disposable content. You have to realize that holding player attention entirely through a steady stream of new content is not sustainable.

As such, my question is this: What aspects of the game do you recognize as needing polish, and how to you plan on approaching existing issues?

Here's a list of basic things I think you should be thinking about:

- Establishing an actual sense of progression for your players.

- Sorting existing weapons into clearly defined "tiers" and using new releases to fill in the gaps.

- Balance, balance, balance.

- Transforming Dark Sectors into an actual end-game mode.

- Polishing Nightmare mode into something legitimately interesting. (USE NIGHTMARE TO CATER TO YOUR METAGAMERS)

- Polishing Invasions into something that actually feels integrated with the game world, rather than alerts jam-packed with more grind.

- Figure out what you want to do with Archwing.

One other question that popped up: Can you consider refraining from overdramatizing each overhauled boss?

There is still a huge backlog (relative to how long an overhaul takes) of bosses that are simply scaled-up and buffed generic enemies. Not every boss needs to be a super-villain. Not every boss needs an introductory event, or even a dedicated update. 

I wanted to withhold comment on the subject until we got our hands on the real polish-focused content of the "year of quality," but from what I've heard Simaris' lore quips are underwhelming and we're nearing the halfway mark without any real polish, except to PVP. Not entirely surprisingly, we're still being fed a steady diet of new, disposable content. You have to realize that holding player attention entirely through a steady stream of new content is not sustainable.

As such, my question is this: What aspects of the game do you recognize as needing polish, and how to you plan on approaching existing issues?

Here's a list of basic things I think you should be thinking about:

- Establishing an actual sense of progression for your players.

- Sorting existing weapons into clearly defined "tiers" and using new releases to fill in the gaps.

- Balance, balance, balance.

- Transforming Dark Sectors into an actual end-game mode.

- Polishing Nightmare mode into something legitimately interesting. (USE NIGHTMARE TO CATER TO YOUR METAGAMERS)

- Polishing Invasions into something that actually feels integrated with the game world, rather than alerts jam-packed with more grind.

- Figure out what you want to do with Archwing.

One other question that popped up: Can you consider refraining from overdramatizing each overhauled boss?

There is still a huge backlog (relative to how long an overhaul takes) of bosses that are simply scaled-up and buffed generic enemies. Not every boss needs to be a super-villain. Not every boss needs an introductory event, or even a dedicated update. 

i feel like Darksectors could be the place where sentients pop up, but I would love to see the whole alliance war removed, and re implemented as something that you would care about

I'm feeling good, as a leftover from finally getting stability back.  As such, I've only got a few questions.

1) When are we going to get something worth building in the late game?  I'm not asking about weapons, frames, or archwings.  I'm staring at 999,999 alloy plates (that's literally as high as the counter goes, so whomever implies they have more is lying).  Between that, and enough other resources to outfit a Raid party with any frame and weapons they desire, it seems like prime parts are the only things worth actively seeking after the mid game grind.

2) When will we get better login rewards?  After months of logging in the best I've ever received was a Forma.  Once you hit middle to late game those bonuses to primary weapon, sentinel, secondary weapon, sentinel weapon, and frame blue prints are pretty much worthless.  An incentive which insults is worse than no incentive at all.

3) When will archwing matter?  Right now it's a hand full of missions, a paltry amount of weapons, and almost completely divorced from the rest of the game.  Assuming that Tellurium wasn't used in the one bit of research, you could shear it off from the main game and lose nothing.  That's a shame.  I'm not expecting something as huge as a boss, or the Raid focused boss you've already promised, but a dozen more missions, a new mission type (think something akin to a race, which is what the speed of archwing calls for), and we'd have something to get us involved.  As it stands, the barrier to entry is too high, and the rewards for continued play just aren't there.

I've asked what I feel needs to be expounded upon.  Unfortunately, I feel as though this will be another stream where no answers are had, promises are made, and we'll have to wait another 4 months to start seeing some of the "awesome new features" that are constantly being gushed about.