Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Huge Decrease Of Melee Weapons Range Since 16.5

Nikbis

Yay 16.9 is there.
That's enought for me. I won't wait any longer before their good will.
That's funny, each time I ear about a dev guy suddenly talking about bringing up the quality of a game, it always fells worse to me, stealth nerfs every update, with an obvious lack of communication.
"No more talking, it's quality !"

So, this is a half "Year of Quality", we have been warned, I don't want to see what's coming next.
Good luck for those who will stay. I'm out.

Please fix!

It's totally ridiculous that some weapon seem to be completely unable to hit lower targets (crawler, feral kubrows, downed enemies, and so on) making those weapon pretty useless for anything but coptering (which they apparently plan to remove soon^^). Take a Skana type weapon or a Dagger for example and try fighting Infested. Only way to actually hit those Crawlers is to use the jump attack! lol^^ And when I was trying out that new Anku it was almost impossible to hit those feral kubrows on earth.

Can you please try this out after 16.10.0?

This fix went in:

'Fixed Grineer Dregs not taking any melee damage when attacked from the front.'

But what is actually involved under the hood could resolve the melee issues being described in this thread because it touches melee as a whole, not just Archwing melee. 

This fix went in:

But what is actually involved under the hood could resolve the melee issues being described in this thread because it touches melee as a whole, not just Archwing melee. 

I'm curious, what was actually changed under the hood, if you're able to tell us?

Edited by Gelkor

This fix went in:

I don't have a PC account. But can someone PLEASE check if brutal tide sparring stance trips enemies again , with the first combo. PLEASE

This fix went in:

While there's some noticeable improvement (hitting the nullifier bubbles from the outside), unfortunately there are some still issues that persist.

The Corpus Camera test:

Weapon of choice: Tonbo with Primed Reach (R9) equipped.

Before: Players were able to knock out the cameras from simply standing below them and pressing the melee button/key. Obviously this is can only be done by a few select weapons.

Currently: It's exactly how it was before the Hotfix. Cameras still require dead on precision and I had some trouble destroying them even if I was within touching distance. Air melee attacks still suffer from the same issue as well.

hdsyplr.jpg

Am I seeing things or did that part of the environment just burst out blood?

sSybyfk.jpg

0i4W3rR.jpg

If a weapon like the Tonbo modded with Primed Reach struggles to knock out a simple camera, imagine how much more difficult it would be for shorter ranged melee types such as Single/Dual Daggers and Claws.

Edit: Added Screenshots.

I don't have a PC account. But can someone PLEASE check if brutal tide sparring stance trips enemies again , with the first combo. PLEASE

I'll do a check, give me a moment.

Edited by Yinglong

Weapon of choice: Kogake + Brutal Tide + Toxic mods.

That's my Corpus build. I know they're bad against Ancients but I was testing on different enemies as well. Findings were the same regardless.

Result: I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

sQKgz4I.jpg