Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulor

imho

GARBAGE

left click shoots balls that can then be detonated with right click like a penta but has wayyy less dmg

the balls only fly like ten meters or less from you

it takes five shots that end up near eachother to create a vortex which not only doesnt seem to really work well, it has terrible range and duration

I was super hype when i read about what it does, uber let down when i bought it with plat and tried it out. 

im the guy who loves to take the chances but it seems that all the best concepts turn out underwhelming and the worst concepts end up op (bounce grenades)(no offense i love tonkor but cmon tf2 really?)

Edited by T4LCOMX

I am disapointed that the bp has to be bought from Symaris

I hate Symaris, I hate his attitude, and until now I refused to do anything for him.

But thanks to the blessings of not tradeable Blueprint I am forced to either run missions for the glowing, floating pile of bricks or spend Platinum to get this gun

I hate Symaris, I hate his attitude, and until now I refused to do anything for him.

But thanks to the blessings of not tradeable Blueprint I am forced to either run missions for the glowing, floating pile of bricks or spend Platinum to get this gun

Max duration loki on jupiter. Scan the target for your free 3500 rep and every stealth scan after that is 170ish rep. I got 20k in one run a little while ago to snag the blueprint.

nobody is forcing you to do anything. DE isn't holding a gun to your head and telling you to get this weapon. if you don't want to spend the plat, but at the same time don't want to do anything simaris related, then you don't have to get the weapon. but nobody is forcing you

Oh my god it's for stasis on a Simaris target.

They made a weapon that has the sheer purpose of not being for damage.

Well, I'm sure some players find it disappointing that after DE hypes up a cool-looking new weapon on stream, that weapon turns out to be used for scanning targets.

And in that case, wouldn't you say that the Gammacors shouldn't have any stopping power either?

Plus, from what I hear, this weapon isn't even good at its support role because you have to lay down five projectiles for it to even do its mini-Vortex. I haven't seen it in action, though, so I can't say for sure.

Also,

"Creates miniature gravitational singularities that can be used for scientific study or self-defense."

Self-defense implies some degree of combat capability, whether it be harming targets or holding them in place to be damaged by other weapons.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

i think it's literally a waste to make a weapon that is meant for scanning. i think the only way for a scanning weapon to work would be to have it function as a regular gun, but when you shoot it, it captures the enemy so you don't have to sit there scanning them with the actual scanner. i'd have liked for this weapon to actually do some damage, given that it's a freaking black hole gun

So people are saying it's a weapon used for scanning, okay, sure...

But how? I mean yeah it's from simaris, and has a utility aspect, but unmodded shooting 5 balls in close proximity to each other, near a scan target, who will be running away from you, would prove to be practically impossible.

If you want the CC from it, the target needs to basically stand still, especially since the orbs bounce if they hit something, so actually hitting the target with it means that if it bounces at a different angle it could end up somewhere totally different.

So unless you have a target that stands still, or better yet walks into your attacks for you, CC'ing a scan target with this weapon is going to be a lot more difficult than finding and using the 6.25~100 energy it would take from most frames to CC the target long enough to scan.

Add on top of the fact that the CC is niche at best, the fact that its damage is sub-par for an explosive based weapon, I don't see much value in it. It sure is fun to use, but not very practical in pretty much any scenario.

all this complaining aside i'm curious how the elemental mods on this work.

when you detinate the balls they do pure electric damage even modded with a very high (if not 100%) chance of shocking what's in the blast radius. and when you stack the 5 orbs the sucking effect does magnetic damage as it pulls things into it.

are the other elements added to that sucking?

Personslly I love it.

Stick the thing on Mirage and it becomes insanely good, to the point that I feel the combo will be nerfed.

All that is lacking is the singluarity reliabily sucking in enemies and the stagger not being so insane.

I fell in love with this gun. The damage felt legitimate, even if it isn't ground-breaking. Taking the gun to missions of similar level is a breeze, it kills light and medium enemies in one shot. Just put a blob over their heads and RMB. The orb flies quickly, you just have to learn the range of the projectiles, or time the RMB mid-flight, but it isn't difficult to hit enemies if you can do either of those. And if I have to explain the ammo efficiency, I'm gonna trail off into swooning.

And the stun. My god. I feel like my favorite part about this weapon will get taken away if too many people praise the stun, but it stuns everything hit by the blast. If it did 1 point of damage, I'd still love it. Of course, the gun would be less effective then, but it would still be a great option for a support weapon, and for melee. Stun a group of enemies with this puppy then run in with the Orthos Prime and mash E... So good. So, so good.

I honestly haven't found the point of combining 5 shots for the gravity well. It's much more useful to deal strong damage and a guaranteed stun with one shot than place some trap with five shots (2.0 rate of fire, btw) and watch them walk through it and take maybe 50 damage. I question if anyone complaining about it being a stasis gun has used it, because I don't see how you can try everything this gun can do and think that the best it has to offer is the stasis mechanic. Focusing on the least impressive thing a gun can do is like hating a brick of gold because you just use it as a boring paperweight. Get some mileage out of that s.o.b., and join in my jubilation! : D

this gun is straight up garbage and doesn't belong in warframe. I feel cheated out of 210 plats as there is no way this gun can protect the weilder.

from the tip of the nozzle to the end of the magnetic ball distance travelled it's 6 warframe steps, that's two grineer crates or 1 corpus floor tile.

making a vortex which is so small imo, only makes the enemies stand back and shoot and the detonation blast radius is also small like wise the gravitational pull from the vortex itself. a far cry from defensive as described in it's description.

everything on this weapon is purely bad, fire rate mods changes its numbers (2x) but the slowness is the same. there isn't a mod that affects its duration, range, or radius. its just bad.

this gun is straight up garbage and doesn't belong in warframe. I feel cheated out of 210 plats as there is no way this gun can protect the weilder.

from the tip of the nozzle to the end of the magnetic ball distance travelled it's 6 warframe steps, that's two grineer crates or 1 corpus floor tile.

making a vortex which is so small imo, only makes the enemies stand back and shoot and the detonation blast radius is also small like wise the gravitational pull from the vortex itself. a far cry from defensive as described in it's description.

everything on this weapon is purely bad, fire rate mods changes its numbers (2x) but the slowness is the same. there isn't a mod that affects its duration, range, or radius. its just bad.

i stopped reading after i read you spent plat on a gun you can get in-game....