Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Yes To Wall-Latching Thread!

r0ckwolf

I say yes.

I like the latching as it looks really cool, however I do prefer wallrunning to the silly jumping shown in the stream that also seems much slower. With coptering going away there needs to be another speed alternative.

Edited by RahuStalker

I am pretty darn sure they said we will not be doing wall latching, although this has changed.

I would say No. It seems to slow down the potential of parkour, and if coptering is getting removed then I want to be able to move as fast as possible with parkour.

Holding onto the wall looks cool, But the wall-bunnyjumping looks Really weird....

To by honest I liked the last parkour 2.0 preivew better, I wanted to actually wallrun on the walls not awkwardly jump along the side of walls..

In other words this is how I want to wallrun:

UNeTtYm.png

Not this:

yjaisnR.png

I really hope wallrunning is still included :(

Edited by KyleDelta

I don't like a complete lack of momentum on slide melee ... How are we supposed to fight with it ?

Lack of momentum? So what you're saying is that initiating a slide attack stops you moving instantly?

I'm not watching the devstream, but i'd assume that there will be momentum, there just won't be increased momentum.  

Lack of momentum? So what you're saying is that initiating a slide attack stops you moving instantly?

I'm not watching the devstream, but i'd assume that there will be momentum, there just won't be increased momentum.  

Not really, but what DERebecca showed on stream looked really short, almost no travel in it. Not a stop, but didn't look like worth using at all.

Yes, I want to stay on the wall and look down at the enemies to plan my attacks and also to better orient myself for where I'm going next. I don't see any benefit to removing it (or omitting it, I suppose) especially since it looked so natural with the way Parkour 2.0 is progressing. We're ninjas, why wouldn't we be able to stay above our enemies in the most cool method possible? If anything, I'd also add a max height that enemies can see us, so we can plan assaults from the rafters like Batman.

It's dumb to argue that wall latching shouldn't exist because it'll slow down the gameplay. That's the point of it. Also, who said that speed runners are gonna have to use wall latch? Here's a thought: If you don't want to stop moving, DON'T WALL LATCH.

For the rest of us stealthy, tactical, engaged players, we very much welcome the wall latching mechanic. It provides another layer of depth to combat, and since when is that a bad thing?

Edited by Ryden

i was by all means happy and would accept the latch/jumping idea.. but given what they have demonstrated to us in tonight's devstream... i dunno! i really dont like it as much now.

sure coptering is fast and gets you from point A to point B in a jiffy but is also clunky and in ways to fast for the game. but what they had shown in the devstream was more precise and had more manoeuvrability in the tile sets.. but at the cost of severe loss of speed..

you can run faster than you can simply wall bunny hopping. when i first seen the Wall jumping animation 1-2 dev streams ago.. thats what got me hyped for the new parkour system and would have happily accepted that as a medium.

instead what i seen was nothing more than slower than a cockroach wall jumping...

my overall opinion is that im not exactly to ken on the new parkour system.. it needs room for improvement.. 

and i agree with others.. wall-running at least needs to stay

Edited by DiBBz