Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waaaait A Minute, No Uproar On Exilis Slots Taking Up Mod Points?

BlazenFury

Forma my 23 frames twice each (not including retired non-prime frames),

and I can get a maxed Rush or Maglev for them.

46 times of forma, Jesus.

I thought people asked for augment slot and has innate polarity (or even capacity free)?

Edited by aerosoul1337

I'll be honest, i expected a wee bit more complaints about this, like how Auras were for like 3 days on first release.

What's the difference?

The difference is, that Aura's didn't need a mod slot to begin with.

They didn't cost any points. Aura's had a separated interface.

Then, when they got converted to mods and required you to waste the limitted points you had to use for 10 mod slots, the forums exploded.

This time, they're not using an existing free-of-cost feature and converting it to a mod points wasting feature.

They're giving us an additional slot to play with.

It's because they are kinda not required xD It's literally just for utility if you have some extra points left over :P Although I'd like them to just be cost free(neither give points or take any) it's still fine if they do take points because I probably won't be using them on a majority of my frames anyway xD

Why would they be?

One, they aren't necessary. I've gotten along just fine without these sorts of mods until now, I can get along just fine without them in the future (at least until something new comes out that might be considered a must have).

Two, this is what forma are for. Need more mod points? Slap on a forma for whatever polarity gives you the most points at that time. Been doing this for, oh, two years now.

Not seeing a problem here and I'd expect very few others do either.

The original Aura mods were artifacts that had no place in the mod system. When they originally switched they costed mod points suddenly. People complained because previously free buffs were now costing us a lot of mod points.

Fast forward to this new slot, it isn't an adjustment of a previous system, it's an addition to a previous system, thus it having an associated cost makes sense.

It's a good thing..  Something like this has been requested for a long time right along with giving companions radar capabilities.

Right now, I'd just like to see a list of the mods that will fit in this slot.

As it stands,  I am planning to be using Maglev a fair bit... But that may wind up being Rush depending on how Parkour 2.0 reacts to each.

People always complain, DE could hand out 10.000 plat to each player and people would still complain that it wasn´t 100.000 or that they just had bought plat and now want their money back. Pettiness is strong in people these days.

Everyone´s a whiner. Even whining about whiners. kappa.png

Out of respect for OP, I will take on this task of being mad at exilis slots. Here goes *ahem*:

I CAN'T BELIEVE EXILIS SLOTS TAKE UP MOD SPACE. THEY SHOULD INCREASE MOD SPACE BECAUSE AS A PLAYER OF A FREE-TO-PLAY, EVERYTHING SHOULD BE CATERED TOWARDS ME FOR PICKING THIS GAME UP AND SHOWING IT TO PEOPLE. I WANT MY RUSH MOD TO GIVE ME 9001 MOD SPACE EXTRA SO THAT I CAN FINALLY FIT MY AMMO DRUM INTO THE ZENURIK POLARITY SLOT ON MY ZEPHYR.

PLS FIX IT, DE, OR I'M QUITTING YOUR GAME.

Was that good enough? :D

Edited by Awsumniss

I'm not even sure what there is to complain about.

Why shouldn't it take up mod points?

We have a surplus of mod points anyway.

Besides, what did anyone expect? It to give us more mod points we don't need?

People have been asking for ages for a utility slot and some also want the extra mod slots back that we lost from the removal of abilities as mods, which they used for squeezing extra mods in.

This kind of satisfies that desire to have some mod slots back, but in a way where people can't just stack more power strength etc in.

Seriously, don't see how anyone could find an issue with it. Its even optional, so you can continue on without having to worry about extra forma if you wish.

I'm all for it.

I have 20 Forma. My Modding UI is ready.

Only 20? Wow, you must be casual. I think there's a guy who has like, 700, plus an !-load of BP's...

@ Thread: If playing games like FF VII (Yeah, I was young and stupid once, get over it.) taught me anything, its that you can never have too many Sl.uts... Slots... One of the two...

EDIT: Way to gut my joke, word filter...

Edited by Teqnologyque

Out of respect for OP, I will take on this task of being mad at exilis slots. Here goes *ahem*:

I CAN'T BELIEVE EXILIS SLOTS TAKE UP MOD SPACE. THEY SHOULD INCREASE MOD SPACE BECAUSE AS A PLAYER OF A FREE-TO-PLAY, EVERYTHING SHOULD BE CATERED TOWARDS ME FOR PICKING THIS GAME UP AND SHOWING IT TO PEOPLE. I WANT MY RUSH MOD TO GIVE ME 9001 MOD SPACE EXTRA SO THAT I CAN FINALLY FIT MY AMMO DRUM INTO THE ZENURIK POLARITY SLOT ON MY ZEPHYR.

PLS FIX IT, DE, OR I'M QUITTING YOUR GAME.

Was that good enough? :D

needs more salt and belittling of DE devs,

To be honest, I'm not going to forma a frame and grind it back up for a UTILITY slot.  Unless it becomes an act of necessity, I just don't see the point in basically making my frame useless for an amount of time just to move a bit faster(Which is what I would be using it for anyway).

I guess if it weren't so agonizingly slow and painful to grind up most of the frames...

I'd be in uproar if it didn't cost mod points. The fact that now formaing frames will be maybe a third as useful as formaing weapons is a good thing. When they removed ability cards and slots, modding became relatively cheap forma wise. I don't think having a working build should require more than 2 forma, but having an extra utility slot usable? Sure.