Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last Day Of Coptering

MyungWol

Soooo those who rely on glitches, fast melee, and gunplay only are real Tenno?

Please, Get a Loki, Get a Zephyr. That shows you real speed you slow poke. Have you ever seen a Loki running at 100 meters a second? I bet you haven't. Those who have to rely on glitches to reach high speeds are not even worth consulting on the matter of speed.

You can easily reach speeds that dwarf coptering with Wall slinging and abilities right now. It's not anything special.

#Deathtocoptering.

Edited by Feallike

the main butthurt I read about coptering has to do with rushing missions. this new movement won't change that ye?

some will rush and some will get an anal prolapse about it. what does this change?

I'm not anti the change by the way. will be nice to be using some other melee for once.

Edited by dddeath

its funny cuz i can copter with the best, but i still hate it and ive hated it ever since it became a thing

at least back in the day you could dbl melee spin if yer atk spd was high enough, but still the insane acceleration and velocity of coptering has always been dumb

cant wait till its gone for good =]

People act like coptering was hard. Maybe it was on a keyboard...

In all honesty though thanks god its going away.

If you kept the default ctrl as your crouch button, it was pretty awkward. Most people who copter well on PC switch it over to 'C' or 'V' for a standard WASD layout. 

yah, from tomorrow on it will be harder to move faster and rush :(

but will survive, i guess...

at least i can see 1 positive side, i can take out my scythes and clean their dust, since i dont use them for ages.

Edited by 7grims

This goes way back to a point when the fate of Coptering was first being discussed.

There were pros and cons each way. However some of the core take aways were:

1) The Player Base likes "going fast". It feels fun and has been adopted into the style of Warframe.

2) Many of DEs levels are big, and open, and empty. So speeding through them for the Nth time was a thing.

3) It was "unfair" because it was limited to only select few ideal weapons that support the animations.

From all we've seen Parkour 2.0 address both #1 and #3. We are going to keep the speed (to a point), gain verticality, and open it up to ALL weapon types. In addition to it not being as a key combo mash fest (which will help controller folks). The "speed" people like about coptering will remain. You just won't spin like top while doing so. We are also getting better *mantling* and wall iteration, which will hopefully allow us to be even more "Ninja at Speed" as we pass over uneven tile sets.

What it doesn't necessarily get address is point #2, that many of the levels are still big, and open, and empty. Still requiring you to move at hyper speed because we've all done those tile sets N# of times. However, with the new mantling and wall attachment systems DE can actually start making tiles that are a bit more rugged and broken up. They can also safely start adding in more Vertical tiles. They can also create larger *gaps* in levels that players can predictably achieve, even without the "right" kind of melee weapon. 

=====

At the end of the day coptering won. It made Warframe a far Faster game than initially intended. Parkour 2.0 isn't changing that fact, but embracing it and making it an actual function of the game, after almost two years.

the main butthurt I read about coptering has to do with rushing missions. this new movement won't change that ye?

some will rush and some will get an anal prolapse about it. what does this change?

I'm not anti the change by the way. will be nice to be using some other melee for once.

it will be less flying around and more sprinting and wall jumps. So ya, speed of mission completions will be significantly slower