Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Supra Still Sucks

Holeypaladin

Well, everyone who was complaining about the proposed projectile speed increase got their wish.  No improvements to projectile speed.

And because its projectiles are still so slow... Supra still sucks.

It's a direct competitor with the boltor prime, only it's less accurate, lower damage, and slower projectiles.  It has a higher max rate of fire sure but with the windup and the slow projectiles, it's still absolute garbage for a MR7 weapon.

Oh well... at least I don't need to worry about building another one.  I'll just keep using boltor prime if I want to fill that weapon role.

Edited by Holeypaladin

Supra is just poorly balanced, and increased ammo reserve is not sustainable, instead, it should have ammo regen like archwing or Rampart emplacement.

It has decent damage, firerate, enormous clipsize, all coupled with absolutely terrible status, accuracy and no critical potential whatsoever.

Supra should be status MG, the only competitor it would have is Gorgon Wraith and not everyone has this gun.

Supra should get some decent accuracy buff, like 16.0 or more to begin with, coupled with x2.0 crit multiplier and 5% crit chance on top of ~15% base status. And obviously innate ammo regen coupled with probably even bigger magsize.

Edited by Mofixil

Supra is ultimately pointless.

It's innacurate, has traveled projectiles, and low damage per shot.

So unless they fix one of those three, then I see no point in making this weapon.

Calculated Dps of Supra with a corrosive dmg build and got a really low number... 27000K....

Well you did the calculations wrong. Sorry I have to be the one to tell you this.

Boltor Prime

55 damage

10 rounds per second

60 rounds per magazine

2.4 second reload

= 3300 base damage per magazine, time to empty 6 seconds, total duty cycle 8.4 seconds,  sustained DPS 392

Supra

45 damage

12.5 rounds per second

180 rounds per magazine

3 second reload

= 8100 base damage per magazine, time to empty 14.4 seconds, total duty cycle 17.4 seconds, sustained DPS 466

*drops mic*

Boltor Prime

55 damage

10 rounds per second

60 rounds per magazine

2.4 second reload

= 3300 base damage per magazine, time to empty 6 seconds, total duty cycle 8.4 seconds,  sustained DPS 392

Supra

45 damage

12.5 rounds per second

180 rounds per magazine

3 second reload

= 8100 base damage per magazine, time to empty 14.4 seconds, total duty cycle 17.4 seconds, sustained DPS 466

*drops mic*

You forgot about the Supra's lack of accuracy and slower projectiles leading to shots missed against moving targets, and the Supra having a spool up time.

This reminds me of the initial reactions to the Soma Prime.

Gee, it's "only" 20% more base damage, so it sucks, the sky is falling, DE hates us, etc., etc., ad nauseam. Because 30k dps is bad, yo.

Same thing here. The gun has ferocious potential damage output. Yeah, you'll have to work with projectile flight speed /coughZephyr/cough, and the thing is relatively inaccurate. But it can clear a hallway PDQ and entire zipcodes as Mirage. It always was an alley broom and it still is.

It's not a gun for all seasons, but employed intelligently, it can seriously take out the trash. Or you can pule and whine and miss what's become a pretty good weapon...again.

It's a direct competitor with the boltor prime, only it's less accurate, lower damage, and slower projectiles.  It has a higher max rate of fire sure but with the windup and the slow projectiles, it's still absolute garbage for a MR7 weapon.

Oh well... at least I don't need to worry about building another one.  I'll just keep using boltor prime if I want to fill that weapon role.

Who said it was supposed to be used as an assault rifle?  Its a fricking LMG, like the Gorgon family.

Long reloads, high ROF, high magazine, decent damage and poor accuracy are LMGs in a nutshell

Sigh, they buff Supra and alot of players expect it to surpass the top tier guns to become the new "Supra or gtfo" gun...

The problem is that Supra shines under very specific circumstances, be it large crowds where little to no damage is lost thanks to sheer size of given crowd and/or very specific range, where it's projectile nature doesn't hinder its performance and majority of shots connect with the target.

Most of the time, it's hard to surpass 50% effective accuracy with Supra, which puts its average DPS around Braton.

pfffft whatever. you're obviously one of those T4 babies DE listens to all the time that complains when low tier weapons aren't one shotting level 60 napalms. 

Supra was good before, now it's great. 

Let's see, you first need a clan to get the weapon, then you need to research if (if your a newer clan), alot of forma you have to put into the thing to be (useful), and having a mastery rank of 7, then just simply getting a Soma prime...

The supra is bad weapon overall, heck, you could just build a Hek with the augment mod and do better.

Let's see, you first need a clan to get the weapon, then you need to research if (if your a newer clan), alot of forma you have to put into the thing to be (useful), and having a mastery rank of 7, then just simply getting a Soma prime...

The supra is bad weapon overall, heck, you could just build a Hek with the augment mod and do better.

Dude, really; Of all the Weapons you counted here the Boltor Prime is the easiest one to obtain, so why even look at the other in the first place?

Dude, really; Of all the Weapons you counted here the Boltor Prime is the easiest one to obtain, so why even look at the other in the first place?

I also included the Hek shotgun (which is pretty easy to get as only mastery rank 4).

But really there's tons of weapons that out passes supra, even just getting tonkor can do mass destruction.

Edited by Monsterwithin

I also included the Hek shotgun (which is pretty easy to get as only mastery rank 4).

Hek is not the problem, Scattered Justice is (considering not using trading)

It will cost additionaly 2 Morphics, 1 Forma, 1 Orokin Catalyst and a Soma P Barel, just to be able to gain the mod.

And yes, off course there are many more weapons that can outperform the Supra in their way, but asside the Soma Prime and the Boltor Prime this can be said for everything in the game.