Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Wait... The Stalker Was Right? (Spoilers?)

Mak_Gohae

What about Teshin? Shouldn't there be more to him in future quests? He's from Orokin era, he's somewhat familiar to Tenno, and Natah quest proved us that he can ideed replace Lotus. If we were to stand against Lotus, and learn more about the Orokins, shouldn't he be the first choice?

My head canon ?

The Orokin created everything.

Your Sentients.

Your Tenno.

Your Grineer.

Your Infested.

Your Corpus (okay brainwashed civvies).

Your little dog Kubrow too.

Your kitty cat Kubrow.

But The Orokin treated dem like slaves or worst than dirt.

Is it not surprising that people revolted ?

Edited by fatpig84

My head canon ?

The Orokin created everything.

Your Sentients.

Your Tenno.

Your Grineer.

Your Infested.

Your Corpus (okay brainwashed civvies).

Your little dog Kubrow too.

Your kitty cat Kubrow.

But The Orokin treated dem like slaves or worst than dirt.

Is it not surprising that people revolted ?

So the Orokin basically treated everything else that was not Orokin like a Real life Sims character and thought no consequences would come from it? Silly orokin, that is what pixelated creatures are for.

Yet at the same time, if the Orokin had a biology like humans (being they can have kids) and if they somehow had civillians that probably were against the harsh treatment of Tenno and other created creatures, then I'm sure in the Tenno uprising they got the same treatment as the higher ups did. Knowing what the Tenno can do, that is alot of painful deaths for folks who probably didn't have a hand in what the Tenno went through.

Picture it: Jerry is an Orokin who prided himself on his custodial skills. His favorite thing to do when he needs to relax and feel free are to wash the windows outside the skyscrapers. Jerry always had a soft spot for the other "lower" beings and never did go out of his way to treat them like crap nor did he assist others in their capture should one try to escape for freedom. At home, he lives with his two catbrows, three Kubrows, and his three children: Luke, Omar, and Summer.

The day when the Tenno had their uprising, poor Jerry brought his children to the annual "Bring your children to work day" because today they were going to be honoring the tenno who helped defend the Oroking empire throughout the empire itself. Thinking it would be a normal Tuesday, Jerry decided to go and wash windows while his kids got to meet some of the heroes.  The final moments he experienced before his death (outside of the top floor) was seeing a Zephyr cut down Stan from Accounting, Martha from HR, and his best friend / CEO Bill. He had hoped that Zephyr didn't notice him outside the window, but it was dashed when she decided to Tail Wind out the window, ripping his safety harness from him and causing him to plummet to his death.

His final thoughts didn't dwell on why the Tenno did it, but who would take care of his children when he is gone. It was a good thing that his kids were on the otherside of the building at the time in a crowd, but it was far worse that they were within 12 meters of a Saryn who decided to use Miasma to take down one of the elite at that same location.

Because Lotus's dad was a Sentient. You're completely off base. Don't feel bad, I didn't put 2 and 2 together at first either, because I was so floored by everything else being talked about while trying to kill Grineer. I'm a bad multitasker

I'm not sure where you get "Lotus people" from; I just checked all the transcripts, and nothing matches what you're saying. LotusDad is very clearly not an Orokin, and Teshin and Lotus both outright call it a Sentient

And yes, Lotus isn't a traditional Sentient, she looks human. But then, she was a sleeper agent. She would need to pass for human. LotusDad at one point mentions he can shapeshift ("Does this form remind you of what you once were?") so Lotus should be able to as well

Well what threw me off was the following:

The Tenno were brought in to beat the Sentients, no? That means, the Tenno showed up after the fact. However, Lotus clearly says that her "race" (which you're saying is the Sentients) was created to kill off the Tenno. These two statements appear to conflict. In fact, the Sentient race was created to build the solar rails, not kill off the Tenno.

I always thought...

Sentients are created, They were made to create the solar rails.

Sentients rebel.

Sentients show up and start kicking butt.

Tenno are brought in to beat the Sentients.

The "Lotus people" are designed to kill off the Tenno (per Lotus statement) after the war [by who? I assumed the Orikon].

Lotus rebels against her design and takes control of the Tenno as her children.

but you're roughly saying

Sentients show up. They were made to defeat the Tenno. (Lotus makes this claim, and since you're saying that her kind are the Sentients, then it is the Sentients who said that they were created to kill off the Tenno)

Sentients rebel.

Tenno are just..."around?" and beat the Sentients.

Lotus sides with the Tenno

can you clarify the "you're saying" part? I'm just trying to fill in the gaps.

Edited by RpTheHotrod

Well what threw me off was the following:

The Tenno were brought in to beat the Sentients, no? That means, the Tenno showed up after the fact. However, Lotus clearly says that her "race" (which you're saying is the Sentients) was created to kill off the Tenno. These two statements appear to conflict.

I always thought...

Sentients are created, They were made to create the solar rails.

Sentients rebel.

Sentients show up and start kicking butt.

Tenno are brought in to beat the Sentients.

The "Lotus people" are designed to kill off the Tenno after the war.

Lotus rebels against her design and takes control of the Tenno as her children.

but you're roughly saying

Sentients show up. They were made to defeat the Tenno.

Sentients rebel.

Tenno are just..."around?" and beat the Sentients.

Lotus sides with the Tenno

can you clarify the "you're saying" part? I'm just trying to fill in the gaps.

She was created to kill off the Tenno, not all the Sentients. Your first train of thought is the correct one.

Well, except that Lotus IS a Sentient - she infiltrated.

Edited by Morec0

She was created to kill off the Tenno, not all the Sentients. Your first train of thought is the correct one.

Ah, gotcha. So she's specifically talking about a sub-division of the Sentients (sleepers, as previously mentioned) when speaking about "her kind".

Edited by RpTheHotrod

Ah, gotcha. So she's specifically talking about a sub-division of the Sentients (sleepers, as previously mentioned) when speaking about "her kind".

Something to that effect - given what we've seen thus far, likely her and her parent. The two may have been specially designed or altered or they may have just been regular Sentients, and it's unclear why they have a humanoid form (though I think context points towards some shapeshifting ability through some means or another).

There's a bit we don't know about specifics of the time period, but: Sentients created to build Rails > Old War > Tenno created to kill Sentients > Lotus infiltration DOES seem to be the correct timeline of events.

Edited by Morec0

Something to that effect - given what we've seen thus far, likely her and her parent. The two may have been specially designed or altered or they may have just been regular Sentients, and it's unclear why they have a humanoid form (though I think context points towards some shapeshifting ability through some means or another).

There's a bit we don't know about specifics of the time period, but: Sentients created to build Rails > Old War > Tenno created to kill Sentients > Lotus infiltration DOES seem to be the correct timeline of events.

Aye, and the Lotus infiltration was supposed to be the Sentients trump card, but instead of Lotus going through with it, she refused. This pretty much left the Sentients without the capability of winning the war. Effectively, she is the defining downfall of the Sentients by not shutting down the threat. It does make sense then how her father seems to sound different than the rest of the Sentients. He mentions that if they awaken, he won't be able to stop them from going after Lotus (for revenge of her letting the Sentient race down).

Aye, and the Lotus infiltration was supposed to be the Sentients trump card, but instead of Lotus going through with it, she refused. This pretty much left the Sentients without the capability of winning the war. Effectively, she is the defining downfall of the Sentients by not shutting down the threat. It does make sense then how her father seems to sound different than the rest of the Sentients. He mentions that if they awaken, he won't be able to stop them from going after Lotus (for revenge of her letting the Sentient race down).

Revenge, or perhaps simple correction. He used the words "riven" (broken) and "reclaimed", which may indicate that they'd be more interested in getting her back and trying to fix whatever they think happened to her than kill her, but that's just baseless speculation.

It WILL be something to see how Lotus handles this en masse Sentient awakening when it happens.

This is about the Natah quest so dont read on if you havent done it.

So good ol' Stalker telling us to chill with all the killing that "Lotus" was sending us to do was right all along!

I think it's time for DE to let us pick sides here because i dont know about you people but.... i dont want some lady with baby issues waving keys in front of me so she could feel better about herself.

After ........ getting equinox i dont think i will kill any more bosses "Lotus" sends me to kill.

And i say after because i didnt do the quest right away.

So we need some "The Stalker was right" T-shirts on the merch store.

We need new mission controllers.

And we need a mission where like the G-dilemma where people get to break from the "Lotus."

That event will be some Tenno attacking "Lotus" home base attempting to kill her and some defending.

Please dont give the defending sides the better weapons, DE.

This should be the FIRST totally even contest.

The Stalker Army gets the Stalker Grakata (wraith?) and the Lotus Faithful get the Dex Grakata.

Sure let's rebel against the woman(?) who betrayed her own race so we can live, freed all races from the Orokin(not so nice people) and tries to keep everything in check so the past won't get repeated

Some Stalker Lore

Some have walked these desolate worlds while you have slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent.

So the Stalker is a Orokin or a Teshin-kind-of-guy who guarded the Orokin leader and is angry that you killed them ...

...and do you take a guy serious who wants to kill me because I killed Phorid or Lephantis, it's like killing a doctor because he helps kids

Revenge, or perhaps simple correction. He used the words "riven" (broken) and "reclaimed", which may indicate that they'd be more interested in getting her back and trying to fix whatever they think happened to her than kill her, but that's just baseless speculation.

It WILL be something to see how Lotus handles this en masse Sentient awakening when it happens.

Sounds great. Thanks for the clarification! Based on this new information, I've put together a theory about Lotus here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/508776-silly-lore-thought-about-lotus-spoilers-alert/

Let me know what you think. :)

I'm not so sure about that. I'm still convinced that It's more like:

• Void Era
  • Ember Prime Codex (Zariman Incident)
  • Rhino Prime Codex
  • Solar Rails Construction: Orokin Era
  • Golden age
  • Tenno-as-secret police guarding Orokin, not known to the public.
  • Resource shortage
  • Plan to create out-of-system rails
  • Crewman Synthesis, creation of pre-Sentients.
  • Old War
  • Press Tenno into Service, realize they do well, decide to create more Tenno, creation of newer, more exotic Warframes, including one that went wrong (Lephantis)
  • Pretend to the public that the Tenno were created just for the War in order to hide the history of awful experimentation.
  • Natah/Lotus
  • Mag Prime Codex/Mirage/Limbo
  • Stalker Codex
Edited by SilentMobius

<snip>

Yeah, sorry, misspoke a little. Didn't mean that they created ALL the rails, just the out-of-system one, Specifically to Tau.

As for the origins of origins of when the Tenno were made... yeah, that alone is a bit funky.

Edited by Morec0

How the hell does OP have so many upvotes? Do people even read/follow the lore? 

Stalker's only interest is killing the Tenno because they killed the Orokin, not stopping us from killing in general. If we didn't kill the Orokin, he wouldn't give a crap about us killing the Infested, Corpus, or Grineer. He probably doesn't even know about the actions of Lotus.

Stalker is probably so consumed with hatred and revenge that us killing any high-ranking leader is a trigger for him. It probably causes him to relive what the Tenno did to the Orokin, so he takes it as a good enough reason to murder them, since they don't remember what they did.

How the hell does OP have so many upvotes? Do people even read/follow the lore? 

Stalker's only interest is killing the Tenno because they killed the Orokin, not stopping us from killing in general. If we didn't kill the Orokin, he wouldn't give a crap about us killing the Infested, Corpus, or Grineer. He probably doesn't even know about the actions of Lotus.

Stalker is probably so consumed with hatred and revenge that us killing any high-ranking leader is a trigger for him. It probably causes him to relive what the Tenno did to the Orokin, so he takes it as a good enough reason to murder them, since they don't remember what they did.

Why does Stalker only attack if you take out Grineer and Corpus targets then? If he was upset about Tenno killing the Orokin, then he'd be attacking us at every chance he could.

Why does Stalker only attack if you take out Grineer and Corpus targets then? If he was upset about Tenno killing the Orokin, then he'd be attacking us at every chance he could.

How many Tenno do you think exist? He probably things that one is important because he stomped someone important

Well i am not sure what we can do here,but i noticed something in crewman sys that they mention.

Ballas shouted, "Enough! Dereliction of the law threatens the entire empire. Which one of you will risk this?" Ballas was growing increasingly frustrated.

"The empire is already at risk," cried the shrill voice of another Executor, "Or perhaps you haven't noticed from your cozy position on Mars." To this there was a round of applause and the judgement disc remained unchanged.

So while i was trying to figure out why they bother mentioning Mars and cozy position

Now i might not be the best interpreter ,but if we actually take what we know about the planets Mars is pretty close to the Sun.So i get the Cozy jokes but right now at this present moment Mars is occupied by both Corpus and Grineer.

But just from this comment i feel like that what ever was gonna cause the empire to crumble had started away from the Sun reach so it just make you wonder i feel like we are missing some information,but is their we are just to focus at looking at the War events.Is their any way to Look at all of the Cephalon asked question i would like to see them

• Void Era
  • Ember Prime Codex (Zariman Incident)
  • Rhino Prime Codex
  • Solar Rails Construction: Orokin Era
  • Golden age
  • Tenno-as-secret police guarding Orokin, not known to the public.
  • Resource shortage
  • Plan to create out-of-system rails
  • Crewman Synthesis, creation of pre-Sentients.
  • Old War
  • Press Tenno into Service, realize they do well, decide to create more Tenno, creation of newer, more exotic Warframes, including one that went wrong (Lephantis)
  • Pretend to the public that the Tenno were created just for the War in order to hide the history of awful experimentation.
  • Natah/Lotus
  • Mag Prime Codex/Mirage/Limbo
  • Stalker Codex

Nope.

The Tenno were specifically created to kill the sentients. Read the excal prime codex.

Grineer and Corpus problems have nothing to do with Lotus, they have to with these factions coveting our power and wishing to use it themselves.

If you think Stalker will suddenly be understanding and forgiving if we broke away from Lotus, I question whether you've read his Codex entry.

The G and C problems have EVERYTHING to do with "Lotus."

I forget if they changed the recent tutorial but before  the opening of the game consist of a team of tenno taking us, the players, away from the Grineer. "Lotus" CONSTANTLY sends us on missions where we stop G and C from gaining Warframe-tech or advancing their own.

The excuse the "Lotus" is maintaining the balance but in fact we are just continuing the old mission of destabilizing the system.

If we leave "Lotus" and just help everyone advance everyone should be happy.

Im sure Stalker will be like, "Shhh, Shhhh, Shhh, haaaah-haaaah, haaah! What do you want to talk about, Tenno?Shhh, Shhhh, Shhh, haaaah-haaaah, haaah"

"Dude, we were tricked! The "Lotus" is a sentient and the reason we kill the Orokin is because it was her job to do. I dont remember how cause she probably stole our memories, but it was all her fault. So now some will like to join you in stopping this "Lotus." Also, there's some that want to stay as freelancers. So what do you say?

"Shhh, Shhhh, Shhh, haaaah-haaaah, haaah.......... Okay. Here's a free Stalker skin Shhh, Shhhh, Shhh, haaaah-haaaah, haaah."

He will be cool about it.

You had me until you said "Grakata" I like events with different sides and would love alternate guides (though I don't dislike Lotus) but no stay away grakata.

Just randomly threw that in cause im making the Twin Graks right now. Could be anything else.

Lets look at the peices of breaking apart the tenno from the lotus.

First off, the grineer will still hunt us

Second. the coprus will hunt us and study us

Third, the infested will still run thru the system

Fourth, the stalker will still hunt us regardless of who we side or side with.

So you want to add further chaos into the system and splitting apart the only force that bring peace to the system?

Second time some one is posting this.

Without the "Lotus" sending us to mission to constantly stop them they will likely just ignore us or just hire us.

Or we can work with them to help everyone.

And didnt Alad V take control of the Infested? Maybe Tenno can control the Infested and drive them away. We will be all like the new Litch King.

BTW, we are currently creating chaos. What do we actually do but continue to hinder progress?

This is what "Lotus" did when she got here.

How many Orokin assassination missions are there? Oh wait, there aren't any. Don't forget Phorid and Lephantis either. I'm surprised you're even asking me that question or making that statement. Go read Stalker's codex entry and read my post again.

How many Orokin assassination missions are there? Oh wait, there aren't any. Don't forget Phorid and Lephantis either. I'm surprised you're even asking me that question or making that statement. Go read Stalker's codex entry and read my post again.

This response is completely off topic. Of course there are no Orokin assassination targets. There aren't Orokin left. Not sure why you'd bring up this random trivia. I suppose I could counter with one myself. Oridis isn't human. 

This response is completely off topic. Of course there are no Orokin assassination targets. There aren't Orokin left. Not sure why you'd bring up this random trivia. I suppose I could counter with one myself. Oridis isn't human. 

nICr9i0.jpg

Are you even real?