Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #59

[DE]Rebecca

Hey, awesome game, even if T3S continues to frustrate me endlessly. That aside, my question is if you plan on expanding on the weapon type mods, giving different weapons some very specific properties, like you did with Cover Lethality on single daggers? If so, any teasers or ideas to share?

Edited by Cruentus4656

I luff devstreams!! I have a lore question... If Vor was brought back and corrupted after Mercury, why is he still on Phobos in his pre-Corrupted form? Is there going to be a new boss to replace that current boss fight there?

EDIT: Second question that just came to mind. During the Tubemen event something had stated that Nef wants us to stop Alad from recovering so his position on the Corpus Board would not be jeopardized. When did he get on the board and why wasn't there any indication he was on it before the event? Or is he not on the board and just really hated and wanted to screw over Alad?

Edited by Minion135

What is DE considering to make sword alone and melee as a whole, more viable!

Last stream you talked about a "multistrike" mod, it sounds like a band aid fix and would just become another mandatory mod that would further limit build diversity.
Why not just simply buff melee weapons across the board and/or update the lack luster first generation stances to be as fun and as effective as tempo royale, blind justice and astral twilight.

A thread I saw earlier was suggesting on adding armor that would replace your primary and secondary weapons, said armor would have a single mod slot for special armor mods, as well as providing extra armor / damage resistance for the warframe.

what does DE think of this idea? I personally love it.

Also, how much does it cost, on average, to Develop a warframe from start to finish?

P.S would DE ever consider adding transmogrification into the game? I want to use the dakra prime but I love how the prisma skana looks, I would totally pay 1 to 5 plat to replace the look of my weapon with something in the same catagory and type E.G replace dakra prime with a prisma skana skin (both are melee and are longswords)

Edited by RIOTx

I have a few questions.

1)
Will we ever see some kind of rolling reload mod that allows us to dodge without interrupting reloads? Maybe it could be set up so that there is a timer between activations so you can perform it once then any more dodges until the timer is up will interrupt like normal. Raising the level of the mod could shorten the timer or maybe give you more rolling reloads before the timer resets.
With the new parkour changes (which I love, feels like a brand new game) I find myself moving around far more in combat, dodging and bullet jumping between enemies. Everything would feel so much more fluid without having to stop to reload every time.

2)

Bows have a unique opportunity to be very different from your standard gun beyond just having a charge time. We can already choose our arrows so would it be feasible to remove the damage from the bows themselves and instead tie the damage to the arrows? This way we could choose to use impact, puncture, slash or even different elemental arrows that could be sold in the market. Then just make the bow determine all the other stats aside from damage.

Edited by LoboDirus

I have tons of questions, but just so I don't flood, I'll try to keep it short (Edit: Whoops, that didn't work so well.):

When Charge Attacks make their glorious return, will they apply to Archwing? Is there any chance Knux will finally become the mighty Rocket Fists they are in Regor's, well, hands?

Is Grattler ever going to get proximity detonation and adjusted range values, as is popularly requested?

The Void Trader's inventory has gotten massive over time; full rotations of old stock get progressively longer as more and more items are added. Is it possible for the Trader's menu to receive an expansion - perhaps six or so items per visit (and eventually more), with the extra row being mainly for additional repeat items to make the cycle faster? People have run into issues with obtaining old items because the wait is so long now..

Several players have been noting accessibility problems since U17 dropped. For one thing, resource colors are not colorblind-friendly, and the green isn't noticeable enough for a lot of players - any plans for a colorblind mode at least? For another, U17 introduced some odd behavior to the melee camera, where it pulls out and in rapidly when attacking a stationary target; this has given a lot of people motion sickness. If it's intentional, can we get a toggle?

Will Hydroid ever get a rework?

Edited by FelisImpurrator

A question about the relays, depending on the planet they are on will there be a warframe statue depicting the warframe that drops on the planet? (Example: Since Excalibur drops on Pluto there could be a Excalibur statue on Orcus Relay.)

DE, could I be wrong in that most of the original warframes are missing there individual lore, My question is that now with 8 primes in play. Is it to much to expect that by the time a frame goes Prime that its lore would have been established. Its been a few months since i've checked but it seems that only Mag prim, Rhino prime, Excalabro, Ember, and Ember prime are still the only frames that have any real lore in the codex. Even the newer frame which can only be obtained in quest don't have any lore in the Codex. Which is odd. I would have thought they would have it given they have quest for them. Such as Mirage, Mesa, and Chroma. So is there ever going to be any lore for the frames that are missing it. and How much of over all game lore is going to be coming out by Update 17.5 to Update 18. I'm asking about actual lore not hints or snippets of lore but actaul codex lore. As well there is still no lore explaining Sentinels. nor Companions. Just discriptions of their uses but not about their lore.

As well i want to know if there will ever be an Archwing Void mission or an Archwing Assassinate mission that is not part of a trial or raid. As J3 was originally planned for but was scrapped.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

A SHORT list of questions:

1) Nef Anyo's update brought what is seemingly a split between him and the renamed "the Sergeant" character that took his place - even though the Sergeant still uses everything in regards to Anyo, this is the only time you've really done this, the interlude between "boss update in-game reveal" and "boss update launch" for any other character never saw a change like this, Regor and Hek just kept their placeholder looks until their updates were finally launched.

In short: is the Sergeant a character all his own you're interested in exploring further and updating eventually, or is he just a new kind of placeholder that will completely vanish when Nef Anyo's update goes live?

2) You've given Archwing some neat weapon updates over the course of its existence, most recently with the Knux, but that doesn't really solve some of the issues facing Archwing: particularly in regards to mission types. That Raid will be GREAT, I'm sure, but it's not something that a player can just log in and say "Hmm, I feel like doing this today!" compared to the HUGE menagerie of other mission types for Ground Combat missions (Defense, Spy, Survival, ect.). Where's the current mindset on expanding the available Archwing mission types in regards to "Pugable" missions, or has focus on the J3 Archwing trial taken up too much time for even a passing thought in regards to it?

-- Subquestion: have you considered Archwing bosses? Even if they were just placeholders with "dress code"-placeholder lines for a while I think it would be a GREAT way to introduce new Archwings without having to either rely on the Dojo research or diluting the drop tables of the current Archwing nodes further.

3) Since everyone else has asked it: Syndicate introduction quest? I think the entire community agrees with me that it would be a GREAT way to explore more in-depth the way the leaders of the Syndicates see themselves and their group and why the Alliance/Hatreds are what they are. Just one question in which you play sort of an ambassador to assess "the true intentions of these groups claiming to want to help the Tenno" and then run one or two missions for each would be enough.

4) How does Teshin take his women?

Not if we're showing off the developer build which houses some items waiting to be spoiled by Sheldon.

Yay! More of Teshin!

Any things to show for any new decorations or customization coming to dojo's besides the downgrading? Feels like the have been abandoned recently with only getting clan tech and only getting decorations for the liset. Also I would like to see better interaction and communication between clan mates and clan leaders since it seems the only reason people join is to leach off of your clan for clan tech and then to leave. Any changes or additions to keep this from happening?

Edited by Milkyway_Murder

Will Syndicate Leaders ever replace Lotus in Syndicate missions as our guide?

Will Syndicate Armor ever be a thing?

Is it possible to make the appearance tabs of Conclave seperate from PvE in the same sense that mod loadouts already are? I only ask due to having to give up a sigil in order to gain standing in Conclave while it also doesnt show up as a cosmetic in PvE.

Will the Relay be updated in the near future where they will all be unique?

Can we expect Syndicate expansion, quests, or cutscenes?  For example, what are the Arbiters trials and disciplines?  Who are the "weak and innocent" the Steel Meridian swear to protect?  These questions and their answers could lead to Syndicates being more than sinks of Standing that give you cool stuff, and might answer some of the players concerns as to why the Syndicates tend to lean towards extremes.

Personally, I'd like to know WHY the Arbiters think we're awesome, why Suda is superior in size and knowledge as opposed to most Cephalons, what Steel Meridian is truly protecting, where the Red Veil members splintered from, why Perrin Sequence is driven away from the Corpus, why New Loka members are the way they are, Teshin's backstory and relation to the existing characters, and Simaris's backstory.

(edit: heck yes maybe now someone will notice this question)

Also will they ever have names?

Hello

When will be the wall attack  usefull again ?

Maybe more Stance mod ?

For starter players a bit more understanding tutorial would be nice , lots of thing is not so easy  and they leave and uninstall the game because they can only found answers in wiki :)

1. Will some older clantech weapons like Ignis or Lanka receive visual (and possibly audio) overhaul like Ogris did some updates ago?

2. Are there any chances for a better gore effects tied with explosive weapons to be implemented? I'm talking about enemies being torn apart instead of being simply ragdolled. It would make sense to happen on direct hits (and maybe 50% of explosion radius?).

3. Any word on charged attacks coming sometime soon? 17.5 maybe?