Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Grineer Tools Of War

DE_Adam

Tenno spend so much of their time sneaking through Grineer corridors that learning the environments and habitats of their enemy becomes second nature.  We've all become pretty used to those grimy, industrial habitats.  So it's of no surprise that when designing the recent expansion to Grineer technology that our artists needed to create something not only unique to the Grineer aesthetic, but could also could fit any Grineer environment naturally.

Click here to take a peek into some of the design philosophies behind the Grineer Blunt, Rampart and Diriga, and let us know what you think!

-DE_Adam

Can't say I'm displeased with our new potato-battery sentinel, it's reasonably effective in terms of gameplay and the design definitely has an interesting charm to it. Ramparts are also nice to finally have in game, nothing beats bullet jumping behind one and hijacking it to use against them.

Although I could've sworn Blunts were supposed to have non-reinforced portions to them that would cause them to pop almost immediately after shooting them. Am I just not aiming at the right spots or did that feature just not make it in (or did I imagine it)?

The Grineer trooper units are very well diverse, but I feel there should be a Machinery-health based Sub-Faction within the Grineer.

And I'm not talking about more Rollers or Drones, I was kinda thinking Machine-soldiers or something to be located in those factory tilesets.

But other than that, these new additions to the Grineer are good.

Now we just need to have some more fleshed-out Corpus characters/bosses,

• 3 months later...