DE_Adam

Building Warframe: Grineer Tools Of War

Tenno spend so much of their time sneaking through Grineer corridors that learning the environments and habitats of their enemy becomes second nature.  We've all become pretty used to those grimy, industrial habitats.  So it's of no surprise that when designing the recent expansion to Grineer technology that our artists needed to create something not only unique to the Grineer aesthetic, but could also could fit any Grineer environment naturally.

Click here to take a peek into some of the design philosophies behind the Grineer Blunt, Rampart and Diriga, and let us know what you think!

-DE_Adam

• Upvote 17

I remember seeing very early sketches of the rampart last year, or early this year.

It as evolved allot since then.

Can't say I'm displeased with our new potato-battery sentinel, it's reasonably effective in terms of gameplay and the design definitely has an interesting charm to it. Ramparts are also nice to finally have in game, nothing beats bullet jumping behind one and hijacking it to use against them.

Although I could've sworn Blunts were supposed to have non-reinforced portions to them that would cause them to pop almost immediately after shooting them. Am I just not aiming at the right spots or did that feature just not make it in (or did I imagine it)?

• Upvote 2

Lovely designs. I am Grineer fanboy and very pleased with recent additions.

Time for a Grineer theemed warframe?;)

• Upvote 4

I love my Diriga. It's a Jellyfish Balloon! I'll throw my two color schemes up in a moment.^.^

This was very neat, and I've definitely been enjoying the recent Grineer additions.

Also, Sexy CAT is best CAT. =3

Nice.

Now do the same with Corpus!!

Nah seriously, Grineer are overshadowing everyone else on our opposite side.

• Upvote 4

The Grineer trooper units are very well diverse, but I feel there should be a Machinery-health based Sub-Faction within the Grineer.

And I'm not talking about more Rollers or Drones, I was kinda thinking Machine-soldiers or something to be located in those factory tilesets.

But other than that, these new additions to the Grineer are good.

Now we just need to have some more fleshed-out Corpus characters/bosses,

Have you ever thought of maybe adding some tank-based currupted mods that do a trade off of %movespeed for %increased defense stats. Would make you slower and clunkier but more tanky similar how spoiled strike makes attacks slower but hit harder. Just an idea.

• Upvote 2

Why don't these concepts get thrown into the game's codex? 

+1 to this!! So much art work can populate the concept art gallery of the codex!!

• Upvote 2

I think the Grineer maps should have more access points to another map instead through the doors. Like through vents to another map. This should be applied to all maps besides just Grineer; Corpus and planet side maps, even Orokin Towers and Derelict maps......

Great Job!

And the .50 Calibur is crazy! Treating them with their own medicine! :-P

AngelShur

Edited by (PS4)AngelShur

That blunt was such an amazing addition to the game, i love sliding behind them for cover just to vault and chop whoever is on the other side!

Edited by Cosmosframe

I'm just tickled by the new Sentinel. It looks so... Well, its... So dang goofy! Like it could fall apart at any moment! Or casually float next to you and fill you with red hot lead. Definitely building this as soon as the dojo is done!