The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On Carrier And Why It Is Not A Necessity -- + Buff The Other Sentinel's

Tesseract7777

BUT people lately would take offense if you say yellow looks green so "meh" to them. 

Not to be a downer but...they actually do.

Speaking from experience, I have actually had people hit me for not being able to tell whether or not some wall paint was yellow or green. It's arguably the crowner for the worst thing (physical violence) to have directly resulted from my colourblindness. Had 'lectures' though before about why I'm a pathetic idiot etc when I mix up colours otherwise. Even with pointing out it being a physical attribute, somehow most people think once I know intellectually the difference, it will change my physical perception of it. (I guess that'd make a lot of people Rationalists rather than Empiricists but that's beside the point)

Honestly, pick a difference, humans somewhere will get petulant about it. Just look at all those beatings you'd get for being left handed, 'back in the day', let alone during the medieval periods. 

I apologise for any damage to your faith in humanity.

------

As for the matter at hand: Carrier is convenient for people. Personally, I just stick to Helios hanging around as a personal back up for scanning activities. Having played games like Phantasy Star Portable 2, you manually collect the loot yourself with an action command (walk over to it, press x. Hold X for lots of stuff next to each other). So by contrast, just running past stuff to acquire it is perfectly satisfactory.

Different strokes for different folks. If you feel you need Carrier, go crazy.

Least, speaking as a casual player (albeit Rhino is still under review for ways to actually be half as fun of my other frames).

Warframe is a loot game. It's a fact. Only one companion helps you with loot, carrier. Fact. Feel free to gimp yourself with inferior options. I'll keep getting my loot through walls, ceilings and floors, even if it's stuck in geometry.

And you will continue to pointedly ignore that most of that `loot`is ... in fact ... JUNK

I think a lot of the problem is twofold, one is being called a casual, I'm sure there are many Veteran players who use Carrier as I do (MR16 been playing for 2 1/2 years) who use Carrier not because it's a necessity but because it's more practical and for me lets me concentrate fully on what is going on around me. Second, as you said, saying that Carrier is necessary, because I agree he is not. I think DE is afraid to buff the Sentinels for fear of leaving Kubrows behind and being used even less.

No, most of it is sweet ammo that allows me to spam fire certain weapons that otherwise are nigh unusable.

How about people who use high efficiency weapons? A Lex Prime user can last entire (non-endless) missions without picking a single ammo pack.

Carrier is freaking amazing, but it's not always the superior option.

In the average case for the average user it definitely is, and that's why its pick rate is so high.

now son what if i told you that you can have inhate vaccum on your dear huras? and now he willl be able to cloack you and grab items for you, the same aplly to every other companion, (propbably in kubrows case the vaccum should be in the frame)

if you can realise that we are trying to promote a good change and you decide to argue about why vaccum isnt a "necesity" and how ppl can play without it. dont know what your whishes are to most of the 50% of the comunity

you guys are focusing too much in if its posible to play or not the game with vaccum, and thats not the point of the whole thread.

dont rip the thread just becouse the OP choose a word that you dislike.

or even if you dont play with vaccum its ok but you cant deny that adding inherent vaccum will improve the game a lot with almost no downsides. and EVEN if is still is a problem for you we can give real feedback and ask for an option to turn it off or on.

the whole diversity of companions will benefit for this change. so please guys pop your bubble.

Carrier was also usefull for the rare resources until they got a special color.

You could very easily miss them.

I use carrier when i use weapon that use a lot of ammo and need a mutation. And  for those weapons and how i play, it's a necessity.

When you farm for a resource it's also neat

I wouldn't mind, not a vaccum for every frame/sentinel but at least an increase in the radius pick up. It's very narrow at the moment .

Look at diablo 3, they increased the base pick radius because it was annoying to go to each loot of gold.

On a side note, pick radius should definitely be increase for archwing.

Other sentinels are just meh, carrier prime can stay alive in almost every mission. 

Kubrow, i didn't like their design, but with armor they look ok now, i didn't make one until that, i'am starting using them.

Edited by Gilmaesh

Just about as fallacious as this one. It's not a crutch, it's a simple means to an end. Without it life goes on, with it life goes on. Just as easy as it is to pick up your stuff it's just as easy to cc and kill better then a sentinel ever could. Everyone's simple argument of "it's simply not needed" or " I do just fine without it" is irrelevant and changes absolutely nothing. You don't need any sentinel so why would people use a less useful sentinel vs a more useful one? 

In all honesty you people are just as bad as the pro carrier who claim it's needed. But also in all honesty even worse since you guys come into what someone else does throws in "I didn't need it", "why do you" argument as if that's going to change another's view or play style then throw anything else at it to make it seem like whatever they are doing is not up to snuff. This whole carrier thing should've ended at "let people use what they want to use" yet it will continue for the simple fact that people love to be in other peoples affairs. May call it pure curiosity if you people want but that itself wouldn't even be the whole truth in the least~

A fallacious argument is an argument based on a mistaken belief.

People who claim that carrier is necessary to pick up loot and shoot things at the same time are making a fallacious argument, simple as. There doesn't even need to be an argument, people should simply say ''I like playing with Carrier, so I shall play with Carrier'' rather than making up silly reasons to justify it.

And Carrier is totally a crutch mate, ''A crutch is a figure of speech that describes something that is used as a surrogate or substitute for a more ideal solution or approach, as in the use of medical crutches as an assistance device for walking. The term also implies a degree of habitual laziness.'' The ideal solution here being simply picking things up whilst using a sentinel that has a role in combat.

I'm not judging people who use Carrier, I'm just tired of some of the nonsense Carrier users post on the forums.

if 10 ppl use one sentinel/ kubrow/ weapon etc, you will always have naysayers who likes the other stuff trying to discredit them with phrases like " carrier is for casuals"

Fact is we are all  " casually " playing the game and whatever we use its all casual.

lets put sentients at the front line>> everyone ran for their helios to scan the sentients so I guess everyone is a helios casualist to put it in Lehman's terms.  sometimes you just have to question the mindset of ppl when they make silly remarks and assumptions like these.

This shouldn't be an issue what anyone or everyone wants to use it's called  "" CHOICE""

Edited by ranks21

I jest like him. hes not nessisery but it boosts the amount of loot I otherwise wouldn't pick up. 

so, no hes not nesisery, but for grinding and otherwise hes good.

Shade is decent for clocking, but honestly none of the guns they carry are worth it. to me at lest. level them up, then remove them for other mods.

I also dislike the upkeep on dogs. 

Edited by Fluff-E-Kitty

A fallacious argument is an argument based on a mistaken belief.

People who claim that carrier is necessary to pick up loot and shoot things at the same time are making a fallacious argument, simple as. There doesn't even need to be an argument, people should simply say ''I like playing with Carrier, so I shall play with Carrier'' rather than making up silly reasons to justify it.

And Carrier is totally a crutch mate, ''A crutch is a figure of speech that describes something that is used as a surrogate or substitute for a more ideal solution or approach, as in the use of medical crutches as an assistance device for walking. The term also implies a degree of habitual laziness.'' The ideal solution here being simply picking things up whilst using a sentinel that has a role in combat.

I'm not judging people who use Carrier, I'm just tired of some of the nonsense Carrier users post on the forums.

I know what it means, i'm not one to jump into things without knowing. At least I try not to (doing "so so" so far), and your idea it's "just a crutch" is indeed just that. You are speaking in a general way which includes people like me who don't think of carrier as a necessity but as a luxury and a nice one at that. If one believes they need said item, then who are you to tell them different because you can do it or choose to do it? I'm not saying they are right but this whole thing of people like yourself inserting what you believe goes and is, is the real issue. Also your definition of a crutch doesn't apply here since carrier is not the substitute for the ideal situation but IS the ideal situation as it stands for what people want. The ideal situation is NOT to use a sentinel if you find no use in it and that last statement is exactly what I meant when I said inserting your own beliefs as if it's just fact. An ideal situation is to use the thing that YOU find appropriate. If they value carrier over any of the sentinels then that is IDEAL for THEM. How you play and think is NOT ideal for anyone but yourself or those that agree with you and does NOT just stretch to everyone else.

I will agree that I do think people saying it's a necessity is a load of "eh" but everything else is just no~

I like this OP guy.

He's totally right. Like, about everything.

This is how you solve problems, humans!

On topic:

More damage for Wyrm and Deathcube

Deathcube now ignites enemies that survived his beam

New deathcube precept: deathcube constantly melts enemy armor with his beam, increasing all damage taken by victim

New Wyrm precept: Wyrm fires a barage of homing shots at a single target dealing heavy damage to it

Shade: more duration for invise, invise does not goes down when enemies no longer around

New Shade percept: Shade erases memory of nearby enemies, making them forget about the player, and tus returning enemies to unsuspecting state

Djinn takes 50% less damage from enemies drawned with his precept

New Djinn percept: Djinn now leeches a percentage of damage dealt to enemies, healing himself

I've ran every sentinel currently available on consoles, but I still mainly use carrier prime. Why? Because I am lazy. I"m grown enough to admit that I am too lazy to be bothered with double and triple checking for loot, to alter my tun path to make contact with the loot as I movr through the map. I play Warframe for the simple joy of shotgunning things in the face repeatedly, and carrier just makes it easier to focus on that goal exclusively. I have nothing against the other sentinels, but my second is Helios for the sake of codex entries. Also because I am lazy. There's nothing wrong with lazy fun, so long as it's fun.

Huge walls of text make me sick at least at a TL;DR in this ..... but other sentinels need a buff that's correct, secondly like DE talked about before all sentinels need carriers vacuum carrier is by far the most used sentinel as it's obvious with this being said if all other sentinels all have the loot vacuum ability players will branch off to others it's simple. Like my self when/if this ever happens I'm going to the diriga because its pretty damn good but Carrier > all atm