Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Monkey King Warframe Reveal

MASTAVASE

so far this looks more interesting than the brawler frame. but as of yet, we still don't know their abilities

Not true. They've been in the .DATs for months.

Pole, Cloud, Poke, Death. All prefixed with "Monkey."

This seemed far too much like The Journey West when I first saw them, and was telling people in-game "GOKU FRAME" for the longest time.

Edited by DiosGX

After seeing his gameplay I can't help but feel that he was rushed and is of very low quality.

His first ability just knocks down enemies, very uninspired

His second allows him to his cloud to turn invisible, but if you look he uses the staff to jump up into the air. So now he's invisible, but really no one has the foresight to look up and shoot him, cause he's indoors. Not very well thought out.

His 3rd and 4th are just him getting an Excalibur style Bo staff that changes to different sizes. And if you look at when it goes big you can tell they're just messing around with tool size. It clips through his hands, it looks unnatural, and just derpy as hell.

Really, the monkey frame just feels like another Chinese Knock off

Honestly, that staff power is... wonky. I'm hoping that "it just got HUGE!" thing is a visual bug they haven't fixed yet.

That's what it looks like. It lacks a lot of quality overall and feels more like something fan-made. I guess it kinda is ina way though. Well~ a lesser skilled fan.

It's most likely fully intended. Every game that has the Monkey King makes his staff change in size like that.

You could even say that the frame was

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

"Made in China"

Looks bad and uninteresting, but this is still sickening. Anyone that follows datamining knows that China has at least one more frame in the works.

This unnecessary divide and competition between the regions is just going to get worst - because they want to feel  special.

After seeing his gameplay I can't help but feel that he was rushed and is of very low quality.

His first ability just knocks down enemies, very uninspired

His second allows him to his cloud to turn invisible, but if you look he uses the staff to jump up into the air. So now he's invisible, but really no one has the foresight to look up and shoot him, cause he's indoors. Not very well thought out.

His 3rd and 4th are just him getting an Excalibur style Bo staff that changes to different sizes. And if you look at when it goes big you can tell they're just messing around with tool size. It clips through his hands, it looks unnatural, and just derpy as hell.

Really, the monkey frame just feels like another Chinese Knock off

That's because it is. I mean:

-his first ability is a direct ripoff of Nekros' Soul Punch.

-his second ability is just like you say, but using the same mechanic as Loki and Ash's stealth.

-his third is Exalted Pole.

-his fourth is the same as his third, but ridiculously bad, like, lazy and sloppily made.

Whoever was in charge of implementing this aberration into their version of the game deserves to be smacked on the head. Thank god this is staying there, what an aberration.

Look like predator 2 me :D

It's face looks to be inspired from predator, not monkeys. 

Don't be ridiculous, that thing looks nothing like a Predator. I half-expected them to make a Monkey-King warframe, but one with original abilities to complement his mythology, not half-assed recycled abilities.

They can have it.

Edited by RazorTip

Looks bad and uninteresting, but this is still sickening. Anyone that follows datamining knows that China has at least one more frame in the works.

This unnecessary divide and competition between the regions is just going to get worst - because they want to feel  special.

I agree. I actually forgot the names of the 2 Chinaframes because I thought they weren't going to actually go ahead with this bad idea. Sun Wu-Kung is this one so the next one is another Chinese deity (hint: he's a kid). They both have hilariously bad kits simply because they HAVE TO stick to the existing lore. Bad idea and ultimately boring.

It amuses me to no end. Warframe is a western game, yet asia still gets dibs on new toys.

For once can't we make them wait for a month or two?

(really kinda want that thing)

To play devil's advocate, they do have to wait much longer than even consoles to receive our updates. I'm not sure where they're at currently, but I don't think they even have U17.

That being said, the reason for this is their cert process is incredibly strict - much more arduous and intensive than the one for  consoles. It's not DE's fault that the content is delayed in China, it's their own laws that hold it back. The reason that China demands content be held back from us is purely spite.

And as someone else said China pretty much calls the shots now, so DE can't do anything about it.

Design wise I find him really cool. Actually feels quite more Wafrme-y than some of the latest additions to the game.

Anyways, the kit would need something else, indeed. Also the staff ult, as good as the idea is, well... Look at that giant fat blocking piece of energy wood. Can't hit me with yer bullets, eh Grineer?