Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Trolling

EvilReFlex

Perhaps if you melee the thing then it gets pushed back. Like when you first encounter the GRAD in MGR. 

Not only could it remedy this problem it might also let Atlas relocate the thing without recasting it.

I like that idea as well!

That's the best bit, when they're up against the bulwark you send it into them pushing them across the room, then you put up another one.

My friend is apparently planning on breaking my fingers to stop me ever doing it again.

Could have the part of the wall you slide through fade similarly to when you look at one of Mirage's clones.

I'd consider it as well, but there's a difference between a team of friends and a PUG. : /

Edited by Noamuth

Although the "phasing through" idea might be easier to implement so if DE does plan on fixing this then they will probably go with that.

I hope they do something soon.  

Now I don't want to go PUG because of this.  The other trolling methods at least let you still do something, this one just locks you up for a set amount of time. 

Maybe it's just me but I don't find people using atlas to troll often. I've had people troll with frost snow globe in just the right position to block us from hitting enemy while providing no usable cover at all. Still he is an MVP frame.

But if a fix is to be made, it should be passed through when sliding... It should also not be posted in this thread. Should be in feed back thread.

Edited by Rythiman

Maybe it's just me but I don't find people using atlas to troll often. I've had people troll with frost snow globe in just the right position to block us from hitting enemy while providing no usable cover at all. Still he is an MVP frame.

But if a fix is to be made, it should be passed through when sliding... It should also not be posted in this thread. Should be in feed back thread.

This is the feedback sub-forum?  

Feedback Categories > Warframes & Abilities > Atlas Trolling

I'm not saying this is a wide spread issue, but it is an issue nonetheless.  Just because some players aren't running into it, doesn't mean it's nonexistent and therefore DE shouldn't do something to fix this. 

Your zeal to keep the forums in order is admirable, but please make sure that I am in fact in the wrong sub-forum first. 

Edited by Noamuth

Perhaps if you melee the thing then it gets pushed back. Like when you first encounter the GRAD in MGR. 

Not only could it remedy this problem it might also let Atlas relocate the thing without recasting it.

I can see a problem of trolling the other way though, when Atlas strategically places the wall and somebody just knocks it away. Also it might be easy to move it on accident.

I like the phasing through with a slide idea.

Just like rolling dispels Limbo's Banish. 

Exactly, that tweak singlehandedly ruined trolling for Limbos (granted you can still do it) and fixed the accidental banishing of allies instead of enemies (everyone who has used Limbo has done it). Why not use it again?

Sadly there are always some immature schmucks out there that thrive on ruining other people's fun.

I've seen players troll Limbo's Banish to no end to stop others players from getting pickups and kills...and while I haven't run into this particular type of trolling yet, I can see this being an issue that ought to be addressed.

In addition to the "roll through" idea, what about allowing players to vault over a Bulwark?

Sadly there are always some immature schmucks out there that thrive on ruining other people's fun.

I've seen players troll Limbo's Banish to no end to stop others players from getting pickups and kills...and while I haven't run into this particular type of trolling yet, I can see this being an issue that ought to be addressed.

In addition to the "roll through" idea, what about allowing players to vault over a Bulwark?

Well, to make that work I think the size of the Bulwark would have to be smaller.  Or, shorter and wider at least. 

Actually, that would work just as well.  Right now, it's taller than your average Tenno, if they just shrunk it to shoulder height, we could Bullet Jump over it when it's placed in a door way and it'd still help keep the bad guys on the other side. 

How are you going to vault over a barrier that totally blocks doorways?

Exactly, that tweak singlehandedly ruined trolling for Limbos (granted you can still do it) and fixed the accidental banishing of allies instead of enemies (everyone who has used Limbo has done it). Why not use it again?

while also meaning that i cancel Banish constantly even if i want it because Rolling is a mobility Tool that i shouldn't be locked out of using.

(a list of buttons on the Gear Menu to be able to opt out of something you've been given, perhaps. all i know is that tying it to Roll causes another problem while fixing one)

while also meaning that i cancel Banish constantly even if i want it because Rolling is a mobility Tool that i shouldn't be locked out of using.

(a list of buttons on the Gear Menu to be able to opt out of something you've been given, perhaps. all i know is that tying it to Roll causes another problem while fixing one)

RMB + Roll to cancel friendly abilities? 

I like trolling as much as the next guy, but this guy sounded like a real schwantz. Did you get his name?

Put him on ignore and took a couple screenshots. 

Judging from the squad chat during my load in, he'd been doing this for most of the mission. 

I just discovered that the boulder can push downed players away... oh the trolling intensifies.

What Tectonics need to be team-friendly:

- A way for allies to move through Bulwark, such as rolling through solid rock (space magic)

- Boulder phases through Atlas and friendly players/Companions/etc.

- Bulwark and boulder have no collision for Rumblers. The duration they waste when they keep trying to move through a Bulwark to no avail...