Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(De's Have Responded) They Have Fixed Prime Access!

Vanist

Hey Tenno,

We understand there are some concerns regarding the current offerings of the Kavasa Kubrow items and the way they were distributed in the Trinity Prime Access packs.

To give you some background, the Kavasa Prime Armor was placed in the Accessories pack to mirror Sentinel cosmetics in past Prime Accessories. The comparison being the base Prime companion visuals (Skin + Collar) are part of the core packs in the same way the full Carrier Prime was offered in a previous Prime Access. That said, we cannot make adjustments to the Trinity Prime Access offerings. 

We do however want to assure you that discussions of how to better place Kubrow related items will come about in future PAs. With your feedback in mind their grouping in the packs will be reassessed. 

How can that be comparable when you're not getting a full kubrow, but a cosmetic (the skin)? Shouldn't it go where cosmetics have traditionally gone, with the accessories? That's the issue here. 

EDIT: And as someone said, with that comparison, the carrier prime's accompanying cosmetics were available only in the accessories. Not only that, but carrier prime was farmable. So, if this is a comparable situation, then we should be able to farm for the skin. But it's not comparable, and I think you guys are well aware of that fact.

I just don't see why you thought it was a good idea to put an exclusive appearance and therefore accessory in the mainstream PA and not in the accessory pack which is for appearance related goods and items you can't obtain in-game.

Not only that it means people who wanted to grind/earn the obtainable items are indirectly forced to miss out on all of that if they're after the appearance bonus stuck in the wrong PA category. The issue is that the gene masking kit cannot be obtained by other methods so that comparison does not fit.

Nor do I understand why you cannot make obvious and necessary adjustments to accommodate that.

Common sense dictates appearance/unobtainable goods -> PA Accessory Pack. We all clearly expected that and understood it, I don't see why you guys/the marketing team couldn't see that either. I would say this is a rather poor show, Digital Extremes.

Might not have been a dev decision, but a higher-up decision.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Mhm, which is why I said possibly marketing team too but I somehow doubt that DE even had little say in the matter. I'm a bit skeptical either way. Even so, it doesn't seem that way considering the wording of Danielle, instead just a very poor decision which has been made to which they're supposedly taking on board for the next PA release. I don't see how a lesson/feedback was needed, as I said it was rather obvious to a large portion of the community.

Edited by Naith

But it is a simple fix! All they have to do is whatever some random people on the forum demand!

After all, corporate law HAS to bow down to forum posters. We all know that.

:((

Sarcasm aside, this was probably not well thought out. But what ELSE would they have put in the regular PA? Just the Kamas? Who would pay that much for JUST the Kamas and some plat?

I think it was a mistake myself, but I am not going to scream, yell, rant and rave about it. I have better things to do.

Edited by Kalenath

To give you some background, the Kavasa Prime Armor was placed in the Accessories pack to mirror Sentinel cosmetics in past Prime Accessories. The comparison being the base Prime companion visuals (Skin + Collar) are part of the core packs in the same way the full Carrier Prime was offered in a previous Prime Access. That said, we cannot make adjustments to the Trinity Prime Access offerings.

If (sentinel + weapon) is supposed to equate to (collar + skin) you have to see why people are pissed.  I didn't have to pay $80 to get sweeper prime.  I won't pay $80 to get a gene kit.

I would have dropped $60 in a second on Prime accessories however, if and only if, it contained both the armor and the kit as both are clearly cosmetics that are unobtainable in game.  That's the definition of Prime Accessories!

DE this was not acceptable.  Your response to it has been even worse IMO.

Hey Tenno,

We understand there are some concerns regarding the current offerings of the Kavasa Kubrow items and the way they were distributed in the Trinity Prime Access packs.

We do however want to assure you that discussions of how to better place Kubrow related items will come about in future PAs. With your feedback in mind their grouping in the packs will be reassessed. 

I find it ironic you used Ash Prime Access as an example, as it was changed. Not all tiers that had Carrier Prime originally did, and it was added in after release.

Danielle this misses the point. 

The key thing that people do not like is that the prime masking it is not an item obtainable in game. It doesn't matter that "Full carrier prime" was offered. Carrier prime is completely obtainable in game. The visual appearance of prime access carrier prime is not a separate feature and was identical to the original that any player can obtain.

The simple unspoken rule that prime access seems to have operated on until now was that the prime accessory pack gave the items that were cosmetic and that the different tiers gave people prime items that were obtainable through in-game play along with discounted platinum. The only exception to this was the cosmetic profile avatars which were always rewarded from tier 2 and up. 

This current prime access has in-game items, that are unobtainable in-game, outside of the accessory bundle in the normal tiers. It cheapens the point of the accessory pack and requires people to buy into the main tiers if they want all the in-game cosmetics.  

I find it ironic you used Ash Prime Access as an example, as it was changed. Not all tiers that had Carrier Prime originally did, and it was added in after release.

Interesting... Completely forgot about that.

Seems DE may have tripped over themselves again with that one...

Exactly. That was fixed quickly, wasn't it?

Cosmetics SHOULDN'T Belong in Prime Access.

Cosmetic should STAY in Prime Access /Accessories/.

Edited by oceano4

Hey Tenno,

Well, that completely glossed over the problem.

Hey Tenno,

So, according to this logic, the Prime Kavasa Skin (gene mashing kit, in short, colors and pattern) should be obtainable in game...but it is not so.

Edited by VDeorsum

That was a bug and they fixed that mistake.

Still indicates they can actually do something about the PA they release, opposed to what Danielle has said and clearly not effectively understood.

Edited by Naith

I have two questions for everyone concerned:

For those who haven't bought it because of this issue - Would you be satisfied if DE granted the masking kit on building of the collar?

For those who have bought it (like myself - Would you be ok with them making the change, or is the exclusivity of the making kit important to you?

For myself, I even though I have already bought the Blessing pack, ok with them making the gene masking kit part of the collar in game and giving it to the players when they craft it. I did not expect exclusivity with anything in the prime packs and would not feel robbed or cheated if it will resolve this to everyones satisfaction.

On a seperate note but related, even with the 100 armor, the collar is still woefully lacking that prime umph, but I see attaching the gene masking kit a fairly strong incentive for players to aquire it in game (you have to remember that DE doesn't just make money off of the PA but also platinum sales that allow players to purchase pieces from other players)

I purchased it and I didn't even bother to look at what items came with which pack. My only thoughts were that I love the game and the discounted platinum and prime trinity were more than enough to justify my purchase. So I set the money aside and bought both packs when they became available... Simple as that

Interesting... Completely forgot about that.

Seems DE may have tripped over themselves again with that one...

Someone else from DE will probably just throw Danielle under a bus if there's enough uproar, just like what happened to Megan back with the Excalibur LOS junk.

That was a bug and they fixed that mistake.

Doesn't stop it from being a change made after release. Something that was just stated as being impossible.

Also leaving the image out is a very odd bug, don't you think?

Sarcasm aside, this was probably not well thought out. But what ELSE would they have put in the regular PA? Just the Kamas? Who would pay that much for JUST the Kamas and some plat?

I donno maybe they coulda made a prime access that wasen't full of bullS#&$?

I'd of bought that and then some

either way we'll see how long I can go without buying plat.

this whales gonna lose some weight

gotta fit into that valk skin somehow

Still indicates they can actually do something about the PA they release, opposed to what Danielle has said and clearly not effectively understood.

This was intentional whether you like it or not. The carrier prime missing from certain packages was not and they fixed that. Like I have said before, this is DE's decision, you don't have to like it, respectfully disagree but remember the decision is theirs and theirs alone to make.

The main issue is the Gene Masking Kit. You can get Carrier Prime as a whole in game, but you cannot get your prime kubrow as a whole in the game, just the collar. Making the Gene Masking Kit unlocked after building the collar would be a reasonable solution i would think.

This. The Carrier is available in game, the gene masking kit is not. So I am confused what they want "to mirror Sentinel cosmetics in past Prime Accessories"???

How sad. I guess I won't touch PA's this time either. Honestly, following this thread actually made me realize that not having any of those cosmetics isn't the end of the world, and I'd rather not get any of them and be reminded of this very disheartening experience in the future whenever I see my kubrow.

Hey Tenno,

Okay so if you're comparing Kubrow Prime to Carrier Prime, then where do I farm for the gene masking kit? I mean, they're obviously being released "in the same way" according to you. Last I checked, I can farm an entire Carrier Prime without having to pay 80 dollars for it, so where do I farm the Kubrow Gene Masking kit without being forced to pay 80 dollars for it?