Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(De's Have Responded) They Have Fixed Prime Access!

Vanist

That doesn't excuse unprofessional behavior. The person behind ClemBot is a DE employee, and therefore should represent DE in a professional manner.

There was an incident with him before too. Nothing happened. I think because is Glen. Anyway he did nothing wrong this time imo. He just gets too involved from time to time.

But there's nothing to change, that's the point I'm trying to make. The carrier prime glitch was a mistake, they made the change and fixed it. Here this package is exactly what they wanted so there's nothing to change.

And people are saying it should be changed because it supposedly is meant for appearance/unobtainable goods. The community, not DE. Again, referring to what the post was about, DE were/are saying they cannot make adjustments to the pack. That is not true and that is what was being said.

And of course, YOUR view of said evidence is the ONLY view of said evidence. Your way is the ONLY way to read ANYTHING.

I find that very sad.

Not surprising, mind you, this IS the internet after all. Just sad.

People continue to presume malice aforethought without any evidence of such beyond their own assumptions. Nothing I can do about that except make my own observations clear. I have. You refuse to accept ANY evidence or opinions that contradict your own, so be it.

This may or may not have been a mistake on DE's part. Presuming evil intent with no actual evidence of such IS a mistake. Google 'Salem Witch Trials' sometime if you doubt that.

Not saying this was RIGHT, just saying I doubt it was intended to be evil.

No... I haven't said that OR have I refused evidence to the contrary and said it's asbolute nonsense. Talk about ASSUMPTIONS. Just saying there is evidence present on the table which can easily give people such mindsets.

Furthermore 'evil' is too strong a word in this context.

Edited by Naith

I agree, hence the second part about how they could have about it in a more professional manner. 

My point is that there is no "but." There's no "but they're human." The people repeatedly posting in chat are also human. That fact doesnt matter when it comes to their professionalism. This has happened before, btw (a DE staff member being unprofessional in his/her response to players), and DE addressed that unprofessionalism.

He did. He told them to stop multiple times, explained why they should stop and they still continued. The posters are at fault here.

So that justifies unprofessional behavior?

I'm wondering if the anger here isn't due to a build up of resentment over a lot of the recent changes made just to sell more plat?

- most new mods from the past few months have atrocious RNG, leading to 100p+ trading values even months after release

- Nerfs to Mag and Mesa simply for the sake of making farming that much more difficult. 

- A Tac Alert whose sole purpose was to make people feel like the Slash mods would forever be impossible to get, increasing trade values

- Archwing RNG...

- And now an accessory being sold exclusively in an $80 pack, despite there always having been a bundle that included all exclusive accessories

While many don't REALLY care about the Gene Masking kit, this may be more of a "the straw that broke the camel's back" type of situation

So? Low sales speak higher than forum posts. Next PA will be better then. To repay all those overdue bills.

or it'll have more of this sneaky bullS#&$ (more $$)

on top of being S#&$ty again (cut the costs more $$)

to repay all those overdue bills

My point is that there is no "but." There's no "but they're human." The people repeatedly posting in chat are also human. That fact doesnt matter when it comes to their professionalism. This has happened before, btw (a DE staff member being unprofessional in his/her response to players), and DE addressed that unprofessionalism.

So that gives everyone full rights to attack a 'professional' just because they are expected to maintain a certain level of professionalism?

That's putting a target on anyone with DE attached to their name and opens them up to several kinds of abuse from the community, just because they're expected to behave in a professional manner at all times.

Don't get me wrong, everyone should strive to be professional when representing their employer, and if they can't they should get someone else to handle the situation while they take a breather, but that in no way absolves others of behaving in a civil, respectful and descent manner as well. 

It's not just on DE, it's on the rest of the community as well. 

About ClemBot ~ Come on guys, DC clearly states what it's purpose is and the posters there were flat out disregarding the guidelines.  It's that mods job to keep discussion on topic, and DE decides what is and isn't game design.

Could have gone about it in a more professional way, sure, but they're human on the other end of the keyboard and probably had heard a lot about the subject already.

Whaa? 

They're (design council) there because they paid into that and should have the right to bring up topics they feel have an important effect on the game. the guideline is "Topics of design and game impact". Granted, said founder could have been a bit more tactful but to be shot down like that is pretty ****ed up imo. Could have been handled wayyyy better.

So what I'm getting from this is that the gene kit is in the accessories, but not the actual PA. Why not just add it in?

Other way around, the gene kit is only available from the PA pack and not the accessories. In order to get all the Prime Kubrow gear you need to get both the accessories and a PA pack. 

Justify, no. Explain, yes.

What exactly do you want here? An apology?

Unprofessional how?

They insulted him. They broke the rules. Not once, but SEVERAL times. He warned them repeatedly. Then he acted.

UNPROFESSIONAL would be Ubisoft's response to such. 'Insult me once in game chat? PERMABAN AND YOU CAN NEVER PLAY OUR GAMES AGAIN!'

If it is unprofessional not to apologize for something that is not your fault and not to take a pile of garbage from people who are venting in places where they shouldn't...

What IS your definition of 'professional' then? Not sure I want to know.

Edited by Kalenath

Simple... sure. Right.

We don't KNOW what is going on behind the scenes and we likely won't ever know that.

I fully agree that the gene masking thing should have been in accessories. Th collar? I dunno. It HAS stats. I really don't know HOW I stand on that currently.

At least it wasn't an UBISOFT employee. Said players can still play the game.

And frankly? The people posting in chat broke the rules. I know that stupid things like chat rules do not apply to some players (according to THEM anyway), but still...

That was professional. FAR more professional than some of them deserved.

Not saying it's simple to change, but it's a simple thing to understand the groupings, because it's what they've previously done for all previous prime access packs. It's not complicated to figure out groupings for the packs.

So? Low sales speak higher than forum posts. Next PA will be better then. To repay all those overdue bills.

Sure, but lot of us would happily buy this PA if not that Gene Masking Kit. We want to buy this Kubrow Armor, but we don't want to support what is DE doing right now

I love the design of Trinity Prime, its beautiful. However, I feel this prime access was just cheap. Not in the monetary way, but in terms of quality and quantity.  The cheap part of it is the kubrow collar. It provides a slight buff and allows us to create a faux prime kubrow. We basically got two prime items, Trinity and Dual Kama, and one cheap prime knock off so we can pretend we have prime kubrows.

And I thought volt prime access was skimpy with just Volt P and Odanata P. 

I don't even want to think about the gene-masking kit anymore. That was just a bad idea.

Other way around, the gene kit is only available from the PA pack and not the accessories. In order to get all the Prime Kubrow gear you need to get both the accessories and a PA pack.

The accessories are separate? I thought the accessories pack was part of the full PA. And the question still stands, why not just add it in?

So that gives everyone full rights to attack a 'professional' just because they are expected to maintain a certain level of professionalism?

That's putting a target on anyone with DE attached to their name and opens them up to several kinds of abuse from the community, just because they're expected to behave in a professional manner at all times.

Don't get me wrong, everyone should strive to be professional when representing their employer, and if they can't they should get someone else to handle the situation while they take a breather, but that in no way absolves others of behaving in a civil, respectful and descent manner as well. 

It's not just on DE, it's on the rest of the community as well. 

No. There's no justification for players' trolling, either. But the players don't represent the company, nor does their bad behavior justify a DE staff member's unprofessionalism.

The Clembot issue probably is better discussed on another thread to be honest.

Back on topic:

I think the main point we should be making, given what Danielle said, is that the sentinel primes already had prime visual upgrades included and the Kubrow does not.  I know the counter argument is "look a gold collar" but seriously if I'm looking at buying PAA I'm planning on using the armor which completely covers the collar anyway.

If the intent was to make this Kubrow Prime, then the collar and gene masking kit should be connected in game.  Then it would make perfect sense that it is included in the PA and not the PAA. 

Whaa? 

They're (design council) there because they paid into that and should have the right to bring up topics they feel have an important effect on the game. the guideline is "Topics of design and game impact". Granted, said founder could have been a bit more tactful but to be shot down like that is pretty ****ed up imo. Could have been handled wayyyy better.

It's not just Founders in DC anymore and the mod clearly stated that they were off topic, so DE doesn't consider PA to be a topic there.  

I'm wondering if the anger here isn't due to a build up of resentment over a lot of the recent changes made just to sell more plat?

- most new mods from the past few months have atrocious RNG, leading to 100p+ trading values even months after release

- Nerfs to Mag and Mesa simply for the sake of making farming that much more difficult. 

- A Tac Alert whose sole purpose was to make people feel like the Slash mods would forever be impossible to get, increasing trade values

- Archwing RNG...

- And now an accessory being sold exclusively in an $80 pack, despite there always having been a bundle that included all exclusive accessories

While many don't REALLY care about the Gene Masking kit, this may be more of a "the straw that broke the camel's back" type of situation

I agree with this.  It's more then just about the accessory.  The PA's have always been on the higher end when it comes to pricing and value for dollar.  Pushing that limit and not justifying the price point all to well, it just tips people over the edge, when coupled with your list.

No. There's no justification for players' trolling, either. But the players don't represent the company, nor does their bad behavior justify a DE staff member's unprofessionalism.

At no point did I say they were justified, I just said that they're human as well and given enough pressure, they'll snap just like anyone else. 

The accessories are separate? I thought the accessories pack was part of the full PA. And the question still stands, why not just add it in?

Because apparently fixing Prime Access after release was a one time thing they could only do for Ash Prime's Access.