Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.6.2

[DE]Rebecca

Changes

• Audio FX on Atlas’ Stone Gaze have been tweaked.
  • Missions that have Archwing portions will now have an Archwing icon on their Mission nodes.
  • Made adjustments to help improve minimap navigation markers.
  • Made some improvements to Ember’s Ability audio FX.
  • Reduced the effectiveness of crowd control abilities against Phorid.

1) now it is hard to find the real Archwing mission on Uranus, how about one more change... make the AW symbol for anything else but real AW a bit smaler, or blue for submersible or something like that. Uranus looks like AW only planet now.

2) the adjustments to the minimap made it worse then before

before: mission markers (target or exit) were always shown relative to the tenno position, it did not care about a way from the tenno to the mission target, it always showed to (ie) north, no matter if there was a way to the north or not

now: when the mission is to the north, the marker show the nearest north passageway, no matter whether it is a dead end or not (head a few mission where I had to go east, south, west, north, east and north again to realy get to the exit)

so how about you make the mission markers follow the same algorithm, heh? it shows its position on the minimap relative to the tenno, but in the game-screen it shows in the next passageway leading to this position

Still not fixed: There are several frames that start missions with the incorrect amount of energy. This has been an inconsistency for a long time.

Your warframe is supposed to start a mission with half its  base energy. So a frame with 100 base energy starts the mission with 50 energy. A frame with 150 base energy starts a mission with 75 energy. Etc..

Atlas starts a mission with 50 energy, when he should have 75

Other frames seem to be off as well. Loki Prime starts with close to half of his rank 30 energy rather than half his base. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/539011-atlas-has-the-wrong-amount-of-starting-energy-other-frames-do-too/?view=findpost&p=6053508

Hey Cat_Jam, It's the first line in fixes of this Hotfix:

Fixes

• Fixed the Prisma Daelalus Shoulder Armor sitting incorrectly on Ash Prime.

he clearly had it copied into his clipboard and he simply spammed it in without reading, like most people do. 

also 

Still No Fix For 

*Banshee's Silence makes enemies target sentinel aggressively, destroying it easily 

*Enemies standing up in vortex, in some cases long enough for them to fire their weapon 

*Syndicate effects that boost shield taking away the effects of cold hazard tilesets (instead of having halved shields, when it procs you will have full shields for the rest of the mission) 

*Carrier will hover pickups in your face even if you don't need them: occurs more often with nova prime and loki prime. This includes energy orbs, and you will permanently hear the energy pickup sound until you use a power to use the energy in your face. 

*Repost Before 120 Secs In Trading, Timer Resets To 120 Secs 

*Banshee's Silence prevents Maggots from latching onto the player 

*Game refuses to let the player use a mod that is on their sentinel, even if the mod is not currently being used on their current sentinel weapon config. (it will claim both mods are being used by your sentinel at the same time which is impossible) 

*Clicking "copy warframe" colors bugged on weapons, will default to weapon color defaults instead of warframe colors. will also let players use colors they don't own on attachments https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/524527-severe-color-exploit-bug-along-with-default-colors-issue/ 

*Clem doesn't benefit from Shield Osprey Specters (he will get shield but his health will be damaged directly) https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/529312-clem-doesnt-benefit-from-shield-specters/

*Sentinels still don't gain bonus shield from Shield Osprey Specters

*Attaching a Reactor, Catalyst, Forma, or Exilus Adapter to an item will erase any mods or colors you added to your warframe, weapon, or sentinel if done in the same menu (bug for over 2 years). Example: you swap out vitality for redirection on your frost, then go to your hind and apply a forma, when you go to your frost the vitality mod is back on as if you never swapped it out. (this can be avoided by getting out of the arsenal BEFORE applying a forma)

*Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm causes serious lag problems, often disconnecting clients at it's worst. 

*Casting Freeze Force on specters or non-player allies will cause the player to be damaged by Freeze when mounting Ramparts.... https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/532674-casting-freeze-force-on-allies-causes-harm-to-player/

*Dead allies' bodies still attract enemies, diverting spawns https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/530570-ai-spawns-and-dead-tenno/

XodwyyZ.jpg?1

Me and my squad encountered a glitch that caused Councilor Vay Hek to stop attacking, float idly in place, and clip through the environment. This occured after my teammate detonated 8 Quanta cubes next to Vay Hek while he was using his disrupting laser (the one that inflicts a magnetic proc), and he closed his mask, stopped talking or attacking and just floated next into the wall. He did not do anything except sit there for about twenty minutes, until all of us started using slam attacks on his head. I think we may have woke him up, because he flew off directly afterwards.

Keep in mind that it moves whatever it wants and also get Full Corrosive Projection but still might be intresting bug (cause you can only dmg him on face) still needs more info about weak spots like the jackal

Thanks for the Atlas stealth nerf to knockdown immunity....before, getting hit by knockdown effect, nothing happened since Atlas was on the ground, and therefor knockdown immune. You could literally wade through a sea of moa stomps, now a single attack will not knock you down but make you do a little hop, Atlas in the air, no more knockdown immunity and vulnerable to a second knockdown attack. So for example two eximus releasing their AoE blast in short succession will knock you down.That is what you call a cheap trick!  

Hotfix 17.6.2

Fixes

• Fixed the Prisma Daedalus Shoulder Armor sitting incorrectly on Ash Prime.

Thanks DE! Really looking forward to you fixing the rest of the problems with Ash Prime too :) 

DISCLAIMER : This is not a Ash Prime design bashing thread. This is only a thread for technical issues with Ash Prime.

A lot of threads have come up in this forum section, in the 'Warframes & Abilites' section and in the PC Bugs sub-forum about Ash Prime's technical issues regarding his textures, mesh clipping etc. This is an attempt to [MEGATHREAD] these issues into one place and I will try to ask the mods to merge all the other threads here.

I'm on PC but can add problems encountered by PS4 and XB1 players if they post screenshots here.

All the issues, with images or videos >

1. TEXTURES >

a. Texture Quality Issue - Area under the Prime armor area on the thigh showing original Ash texture part that has a jagged glitch when using dark colors, in this instance pure black from Smoke palette. This is circled in red in the screenshot below.

b. Texture Quality Issue - Blurry textures / texture areas on his inner thigh area. Also the transition from those textures to the Hi-Res PBR right next to it is not good. Also circled in red.

ONhbSQS.jpg

z40Obmn.jpg

c. Texture Quality Issue - Another jagged texture edge found while using Smoke Black and Ice Blue colors, the lining on Ash's Chest/Stomach area had a jagged transition on it's edges. Circled in red. It is clear only when facing a light source.

jigal40.jpg

More screenshots by Drufo from this thread > Ash Prime: A Kind Of Delusion

4mJsKgs.jpg

5545WD8.jpg

d. IMMORTAL SKIN ISSUE - When using the Immortal Skin large sections of Ash Prime are colored using the color for the PBR gold trim, i.e., Tint Color 4. When reverting to default colors the Immortal Skin also defaults to it's original green and cannot be changed independently of the PBR Trim.

rlTSUEE.jpg

Y2I7T4U.jpg

BzEE1rP.jpg

HxkyC5b.jpg

e. GRAY COLOR ISSUE - Not a bug, rather a feature that there have been many complaints about in various threads as listed below. Colored Ash completely white from the Smoke Palette to show large sections of uncolorable gray areas, which we would appreciate to be allowed to color. 

Nr1keIN.jpg

gv4ZK6Z.jpg

2. MESH >

a. Clipping Issue - The helmet 'dangly bits' clip with the rest of him no matter what. Following screens show him in different poses and with the different animation sets. All problems circled in red. The helmet looks like it was worked very hard on but collision meshes on the dangles are missing.

Qvg1SRO.jpg

cgeRkbV.jpg

aoMrkwR.jpg

raFaSKu.jpg

b. Clipping Issue - The receptacles for his 'hidden blades' clip with the armor mesh on top of it. Comparison with original Ash is provided. I was fully expecting those parts to be primed up and PBR'd.

MRG7J6y.jpg

1Juo6NG.jpg

c. Misplacement Issue - The hidden blades receptacle shows as under the arm on the Ash Prime in the Codex, while it is shown over the arm in game and in Arsenal on both Ash and Ash Prime and Ash in the Codex. Also, the Ponytail on the default helmet is missing on Ash Prime in the Codex.

SylG1V4.jpg

t3Kh7jl.jpg

d. Clipping Issue - Brought to my attention by Evan-0-matic, any and all secondaries clip heavily through Ash Prime's thigh armor area. 9 screenshots with different secondaries added here, with the problem areas circled in red. >

I30CMsa.jpg

sVMQWJl.jpg

X67ZqQn.jpg

0m1807L.jpg

lwCdrI2.jpg

5u00IgE.jpg

6E9p79Q.jpg

jjLo90I.jpg

NPujhUD.jpg

e. Clipping Issue - Brought to my attention by Azamagon, there is Heavy clipping between Ash Prime's ponytail and any Syandana and light clipping between ponytail and outermost edge of the gold trim on leg armor protrusions. Videos provided below.

f. Clipping and Misplacement Issue - Brought to my attention by HooDie7 and originally posted by Ash21-0408 here > Ash Prime And Prisma Daedalus Shoulderguards, normal Daedalus Shoulder Plates sit correctly on Ash Prime's shoulder armor, while the Prisma Daedalus Shoulder Plates do not sit correctly and clip with the shoulder armor.

Also, the Dragon Nikana can be seen clipping through his leg armor area.

Fixed with Update 17.6.2 > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/541693-hotfix-1762/

Normal Daedalus Shoulder Plates sitting correctly:

EsASUjK.jpg

0553irV.jpg

Prisma Daedalus Shoulder Plates not sitting correctly:

kJ8XxZc.jpg

GTmFVnm.jpg

KmUGguI.jpg

g. Clipping Issue - Brought to my attention by and Kanjar, all Bow quivers clip through Ash Prime's spine armor area.

Sg9QP37.jpg

0cCNeRg.jpg

0fhrMJW.jpg

Dj7AkEu.jpg

h. Clipping Issue - Brought to my attention by , the Dragon Nikana clips right through Ash Prime's arm when he is holding a bow.

xPCdxBM.jpg

i. Misplacement Issue - Originally posted by Dachus here > Dendra Armor On Ash Prime, the Dendra Shoulder pads are misaligned on Ash Prime, with one being higher than the other. Unknown if this is intended or not.

ObTbq6N.png

3. ANIMATION >

a. Bladestorm Animation Issue - While playing Ash Prime I noticed something odd, 2 original Ash clones flicker on the screen for a split second right when activating Bladestorm. So I took a long video of it while playing and took screenshots from it to show this problem. Those original Ash clones appear only for a split second and then the clones that actually kill are the correct Ash Prime ones. All screenshots provided below.

NOTE : I was not host during this game and I noticed it in another game when I was again not the host. I have also been able to replicate this bug when I am hosting and in the Simulacrum.

Wrong Ash clones showing up on activating Bladestorm >

qWp6Mnu.jpg

Exdcd4m.jpg

bhFA9dq.jpg

Correct Ash Prime Clones murdering things >

Q8o1CKC.jpg

98Y8cNU.jpg

b. Ash Prime Default Helmet Ponytail Detachment Issue in Archwing - Originally posted by Hydroxate and MrMitchel here > Ash Prime Detachable Ponytail In Archwing and Ash Primes Hair Detaches From His Helmet In Archwing

the default helmet's ponytail lags when there is movement of the archwing and gets detached from the helmet temporarily.

iRZX0go.jpg

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/443953434414777825/F8F1D4D4B0DC4187AC33F20095E6CA310966CE15/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/443953434414776573/C69C7392B80F2C7CDFB536DF571653E81A469A70/

4. PS4 PROBLEMS > (PROBLEM SOLVED!)

a. Texture / Model / PBR Issue - Brought to my attention by (PS4)COGSPARTAN117, there seems to be a problem where parts of Ash Prime's model, textures and PBR don't render correctly. The following screenshots taken by that player show the loss of arm threading, along with muddy textures and lack of PBR all over the model.

Also brought up by another player here > Ash Prime Arms Show No Detail

http://i.imgur.com/adODFre.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Hj3OmaW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qFFf6Pj.jpg

PROBLEM SOLVED SCREENSHOTS (Thanks to (PS4)COGSPARTAN117) >

sobQGO0.jpg

oLgmosW.jpg

4. UPDATE 17 PROBLEMS >

a. Misalignment / Clipping Issue - Left Prisma Daedalus Shoulder plates now even more misaligned and sit deeper in Ash Prime's shoulder armor. Brought to my attention by aerosoul1337.

ndA5hdb.jpg

b. Mesh Misalignment / Warping Issue - Brought to my attention by aerosoul1337, when Ash Prime is holding the Harpak or Hek, his left arm gets twisted and warped improperly. Images by aerosoul1337 >

29qfeqo.jpg

24ux74k.jpg

5. ASH ACCESSORIES PROBLEMS >

a. Locust Helmet Physics Issue - Brought to my attention by Vorpal_Ocelot in this thread > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/502164-ash-locust-helmet-broken-physics/ Ash's Locust Helmet's Left side 'ear lobe' does not dangle like it's Right side one, possibly being a physics or mesh bug. The following video shows this problem >

AND lastly, this is not really an Ash Prime exclusive problem but it is important since the PBR on Ash Prime has the same problem with every other PBR'd thing in the game, it doesn't work correctly in Void and Derelict Tilesets and loses an entire 'layer' of shading / 'shinyness'. FIXED WITH UPDATE 17.5.

The Relays have PBR switching at different points. All this can be seen in action in my bug thread here > 

[Videos] Pbr (Physical Based Rendering) Not Working Properly On Void Tilesets / Relays

I will update this thread with more issues if anyone finds them. Please post all issues here, it would be easier for DE to see all these problems in one place.

I also request anyone who sees this to upvote it so that it may finally reach DE's eyes one day.

Edited by Sci_Ant

Both Atlas' and Atlas's is correct because there is disagreement on whether proper nouns ending in s get just ' or 's. Both are considered correct. The key is to consistently use one or the other.

Hate to be a grammar Nazi here, but there isn't any "disagreement" on proper nouns, ending in s or otherwise. Not when it comes to altering the spelling of that noun, at least. You don't change "The Jones" to "The Jone's". An apostrophe shouldn't change the word it's used on unless it is an abbreviation, or a non-proper noun. Neither of these are the case here.

I found a HUGE bug! If I use Transient Fortitude, the energy drain of the 4th skill is increased dramaticaly. Please check that bug, because the Chroma and the Equinox is useless with that!

https://youtu.be/2A6LdLHbCqM

That is not a bug they change it. Read the Patchnotes from U17,5

Atlas don't need a Buff he need new skills :D

Edited by DreadServant

Still not fix for the Stealth and Ai system's primitive, pathetic and embarresing problems.

For even 2 years now, we had to deal with these problems, and i have listed them all here below.

For you players who are wild, savage space pirates that cry for loot, then you may skip this post. Trust me, its better

if you do to avoid any mind injuries. But for those that prefere stealth, you may have been seeing all these problems

during stealth times. Now, as i said, the list is below.

The list is as of follows.

1: Enemies will at random, know your existance without the need to see, hear or notice you. This is often prominent

when you leave enemies behind when trying to be stealthy.

2: Enemy Ai is broken to the point that, you may think Gearbox Software made the Ai for the game, wich

is demonstrated here in this gif

All enemies that gets to a designated Ai Node will sometimes have this problem.

The reason for this from what i can understand, is that the Ai Node is a narrow object. This causes the Enemy Ai to

spin aroudn the Node as it tries to aim for it, wich casues this majestic dance.

anvIyYp.gif

YUBEzZh.gif

crQWx2n.gif

3: When an enemy is being moved via ingame-code (So that players dont have to run back to get the enemy during

extermination or similar missions), the way the code works is broken and can cause all enemies to know where you are and know that you exist. This is also presented in the same way when an enemy can sometimes disapear out of nowhere infront of you (This happens when an enemy jumps to a platform. Not 100% of the time, but it can happen.).This is probably because that, unlike most games that handles enemy units with cut and paste command, the game simply moves the said enemy at an extremely high speed, but it isnt fast enough, and the line of sight gets wider and any Tenno they see will not only alert the said target, but everyone in the room.

4: When group of enemies are close togheter and stands on a designated Ai Node, they will get stuck in one another

to the point where they start spinning around with paused animations. This is very problematic for the stealth players that tend to play the mission without killing anyone (non exterminate missions). Here is a gif demonstrating this

The reason for this is that, there is already an enemy unit taking the space of the Ai node, and the surounding enemy units gets

confused of why they cant stand on it, wich causes this glitch to happen.This is shown in the gif that one enemy unit is in the

middle, possibly on the Ai Node, while the rest dont know what to do.

By9CMLT.gif

5: At some points, an enemy in the next room might suspect that someone is nearby and will go into cover, while his/her

comrades ignores this. (Same as before, they dont have to know that you exist or have seen or heard you). This could happen due to how the game spawns the enemy unit, wich sometimes, doenst work as intended.

6: Enemies that sees their allies die infront of them with a silent weapon will sometimes just stand there and

stare at their dead bodies and carry on with the patroling. A real guard would be suspicious and alert

his allies of a potentional threat. This is probably because of that, enemy units follow sounds rather than sight most of the time.

Wich is why the enemy unit ignores the dead ally when a weapon is silent.

7: Syndicate allies have no repsect for silence and stealth, and those that are put behind on hold will kill enemies that spawn near them (since a player is not presented in that room, enemy units will spawn in there with the allies since the syndicate allies arent marked as player units).I have done multiple tests, including Spy and Deception and Rescue.

Most of the time, DE tells players to ''just tell the allies to stay put'', but they underestimate their game's glitchy system.
When they stay put, they will engage any enemy that spawns near them and any enemy that you find further into the mission will be alerted to it, even if they technicly cant hear it.

8: While this isnt an Ai problem per say, this one is still anoying and can be abused.

If you snipe an enemy from a very far distance, such as in the Grineer Asteroid base r other large areas,

An enemy will respawn directly and will spawn in your line of sight. Continue killing the spawned enemy, and another

one will take its place. This was supposed to be fixed since 17.2.3, but apparerntly, it wasnt

RvUOk2q.gif

9: Sometimes, The enemies doesnt know how to use cover correctly, and will stay in cover regardless where

you are. Thanks Handstamp for the screenshot.

fpSsNlq.png

10: Another thing regarding syndicates. Their weapons, may it be their primary or secondary,have this radial

explosion that causes damage to everyone around you. Now, this is fine during open combat and for players

that seek carnage, but for stealth, its bad, really bad. On high end missions, the radial blast

doesnt kill the targets around you, but damages them and alerts them.

Having the option to manualy activate the blast sould be adequate, or give the silent

syndicate weapons a different effect that is not a nuke. 

(The syndicate proc effect is currently being worked on to fix the stealth issue acording to Devstream 60)

11: This is something minor, but still something intersting to note after playing my old Splinter Cell 1 game on the pc.

Im that game, your running and walking speed determine the sound your feet makes and the material you walk on, may

it be ground, metal, wood or whatever. In warframe, no mather how heavy your warframe is, may it be Rhino, Chroma or Atlas or whatever heavy frame, their feet still stay silent no mather how heavy you run or jump.

This also applies to when an enemy unit screams after he/she dies, while the rest of the enemies, ignores this.

For Space Pirates (The Warframe Community), this is nothing to bother, as they blast everything in sight regardless.

For me, i think that, even if a weapon is silent, there still need to be a consequence when missing, for example.

If you miss the target with your Latron or Vectis or whatever, and the bullet hits a wall, it create sparks and make a small, cling noise, or you miss your target with an arrow from one of the bows. The Enemy unit sould atleast know that something is going on, but after many tests, non of that mathers.

---Interesting notes from users---

Below here are chosen comments that contain some interesting information regarding of what they

know about the stealth and Ai systems.

The thing with close vs ranged combat: ~15m is their viewrange(I'm guessing from the 'Tenno Scoom is there' taunting) - Guns have a noiselevel which alert them within x m(same with their guns alert other ones).

To the realism: Sorry, but if they aren't squadmembers, you don't know they even exist. He could use another path, being far away or just not here. Why should solider a at the facility know of the 10 dead mens in the entrance of the vault, which is 200m away? If you bring in realism, the bodies need to stay - until they get removed from YOU - to show the remaining soldiers - oh there is one slaughering us!

I encountered these bugs:

Drahks hunting you(even at 0s in the mission being).

Roller have a 360° view.

Sometimes enemies getting alerted with 25+m away.

Sentinel can ruin stealthhits.

Kubrow killing stealthkills(at least I saw my VIP target one grabing one and then I lost the stealthkill of him - alerting other around the dead one).

First was in Grineer Saturn T2 spy missions.

Second in T3 Grineer.

Third like first(because in T3 I'm just rushing through).

Fourth was T2 too.

Sentinel is every with a very rare chance to occur(and need an enemy within 10m to hear the shot at stealthkilltarget).

Kubrow was in T3.

Need to test if nothing is fixed due some patches, but I doubt it...

----Conclution----

Want to see the conclution? Check the spoiler, wich i highly doupt you will, consider you are busy being

a space pirate, blowing suff up. But then again, you are reading this so, it might mean something.

So, what is the conclution of these bugs? They are anyoing, game-breaking and kills the fun out of stealth.

When i do stealth, i have to constantly fear about ALL these bugs and gltiches can happen. Its unconfortable.

But what is the worst part? DE certainly doenst want to fix this, i tell you that much. 17 major updates in and almost

halfway to 18 (17.5 as of now), and yet, they have no even considered fixing this. So, why not? Its simple really.

Due to the majority of players are Space Pirates that want more loot, more explosions, more power, they dont see a reason

of fixing the Stealth and Ai unless it somehow affects the typical gameplay style that palyers use (Or Conclave).

The Term space ninja has never been so missunderstod. The lore and theme of warframe, atleast to my knowledge, are about techno-organic ninjas that stealthy assassinate important targets, infiltrate and steal important data from enemy factions to keep balance, doing is swiftly and silently. But now, The Tenno, are space pirates that raid, destroy and plunder factions with loud weaponry and dresses in gleaming atire that makes the sun look dark.

While each player has their own style, why are we so restricted? If you want to blast a planet away with your 1 hit kill vectis or whatever, thats fine, thats your style, but some of us want to take time, be stealthy, observe our prey from above, either killing them silently, or by mercy, avoiding their confrontation.

But due to how painfully broken the Ai and Stealth system is, that is not possible, and the only way as of now,

to go stealth, is to keep all these problems in your mind and do workarounds, and that ruins stealth.

But then again, its not that anyone reads this message, but i guess its my way of, venting out frustration.

But anyone from DE, who does read this, well, congratulations, you do read threads afterall taht really do require your attention, but whenever you want to fix this or not, thats not up to me to decide.

I will keep posting this until this get fixed, someday.

If you got any questions regarding this post or more about stealth, please do ask.

Edited by Cebius

Atlas Changes & Fixes

• Atlas’ Landslide now has improved damage scaling based on the Mods of your Melee weapons.
  • Atlas’ Rumblers health is now affected by Health and Shield Mods.
  • Atlas’ Rumblers armor is now affected by Armor and Strength Mods.
  • Atlas’ Rumblers base armor has been increased to 500.
  • Atlas’ Landslide proc chance and crit multiplier have been increased.
  • Atlas’ Tectonics health is now affected by Atlas’ armor rating. Tectonics starts invulnerable and absorbs any damage for a certain period, just like Frost's Snowglobe.
  • Fixed Atlas’ Tectonics boulder not doing damage to enemies when cast by Clients.
  • Fixed Atlas’ Tectonics boulder not dragging ragdolled enemies with it while rolling.
  • Fixed Atlas’ Tectonics boulder not hitting ragdolled enemies once launched.

33ol6d0.jpg

OH FOR PETE'S SAKE!!  (The same Pete that Rebecca speaks of occasionally during streams... yes, that Pete)

I posted from the wrong account above ---

But yeah..

Wooo!!  Such buffs for Atlas, So strong!!!!!  :-)

Nice fixes, and THANK YOU -- the prisma daedelus thing on Ash prime... I didn't want to report it because I hate complaining about cosmetic things... but it was like holding a sneeze in.  I am free again, thank you!!!!!!