Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Steam Workshop... Horrible Things From A Horrible Person?

Well, not everyone has to see those mods, I think they should be player-only. But that's not going to happen, cause this is an *online multiplayer. At least I think it won't be. I remember when I played Mabinogi, when many people simply modded the game visually they were banned later on, even if it wasn't anything game breaking or messing with in-game values. 

Edited by peekitea

Nah.

When the mods are just something you install for personal use, like in Skyrim (and most games on Steam workshop), then you just download them and that's that.

But when the mod is supposed to be sold, as with Team Fortress 2, then it has to be approved into the game by the devs. Then it goes into the game for players to buy, and a share of the profit goes to the creator.

As you probably have guessed, Warframe falls into the latter, just like TF2.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

By the sounds of it, arfter you have finished your creation it has to pass through DE to be approved for Warframe. This is because these skins will be paid for in-game with plat.The sort of lewd stuff from that place wouldn't get through. However the artist may have other ideas for skins.

Inappropriate or questionable stuff doesn't stand a fraction of a chance to make it into the game so it doesn't bother me any. Shouldn't bother anyone else either, in my opinion. Life is strenuous enough without stressing over tiny issues.

Yep. The Devs stated it would be a curated system. So it won't be like most games where you just download and install what ever player made content you want.

As others have said, DE is going to be reviewing any player created skins before allowing them into the game. Even if the guy did bother to try getting something like that into the game, it wouldn't get past the review process. Nothing to worry about here.

Edited by Archeyef

DE is using the workshop the same way that TF2 and DOTA2 mainly use it, where players submit content and the devs add things they like. It is not being used as a modding platform.

Also, this does nothing to help Nikout because we already have access to all the resources without this system via other means. Why wait for DE to decide to release content when we can do it ourselves just as easily?

Edited by egregiousRac

Am I the only one here who has no idea who op is talking about?

Either way, they're starting off with skins, not mods, and they'll have to be approved.

Yes you're the only one lol.

@OP- mods will be curated. DE will personally pick and approve stuff to get the go ahead. Stuff like that would never ever make it into the game. (I'm personally more concerned about if we'll only be able to get it through steam or if these things will be available in the market for plat...)

Yes you're the only one lol.

@OP- mods will be curated. DE will personally pick and approve stuff to get the go ahead. Stuff like that would never ever make it into the game. (I'm personally more concerned about if we'll only be able to get it through steam or if these things will be available in the market for plat...)

OP is talking about Nikout, who converts resources for use in Source Filmmaker. These resources are then used for tasteful purposes (such as Stalker slapping Excal), or less tasteful purposes (rule 34).

The community content will appear ingame just like the current Tennogen stuff. Submission requires Steam because this way DE can do real money profit sharing without having to deal with all the legal issues. Valve takes care of all of that.

Inappropriate or questionable stuff doesn't stand a fraction of a chance to make it into the game so it doesn't bother me any. Shouldn't bother anyone else either, in my opinion. Life is strenuous enough without stressing over tiny issues.

Yeah, but OP might be into something here.

He is a person who lives in a horrible place, but he might be one of those who can make good Skins, I'm not sure because all I know is that he makes animations. I dont know if one = the other.

Oh, that guy.

Dunno what makes him a horrible person.

He lives in a horrible place, does horrible things to Warframe models... and models in general, so he is a horrible person.

Its a joke

If DE allowed that kind of content in-game, then I would really start to question how much beer they actually drink during the day.

I doubt they drink more than my uncle: he has 1 separate fridge only with beer (not those small ones, a normal one). And it was full when I went to visit him once and half-empty after I left the same day 4 or so hours later.