Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Know Exactly What The Tenno Are! Tenno Are Spirits! This Theory Is Flawless! +Conclusion

Zarozian

Our Tenno Spirit of course being implemented~  o -o

But if you say it's a body then....how will you explain the frames with different gender, sizes, and shapes?

Also our Tenno Spirit comes directly from the void! ;O

So it's natural that it would say Void Link Severed~ Now that you have all the information you just need to link it up with the rest of the lore, if you are missing any knowledge or any small detail or piece about the lore, it won't make sense to you. So make sure you know everything and have every single quest completed! All the scan targets for Simaris scanned! Read over each lore carefully! Read over each codex entry carefully!

Then start connecting the dots! Then I am sure you will reach the same conclusion! >;(

Lore states "The Twisted few that returned from the void" If we are in the void, how did we return.

There is no lore to back up how we fit in all warframes, but I envision a body that is physically twisted, something like Robocop, where we are missing much of our physical parts. and all that is left is able to fit into the frames. How would we survive without them, I imagine something like phantom limbs using the void energies our bodies emit. There was an art I show from the forums that is close to the idea I have, it kinda resembles the T-800 basically a skeleton.

"Energy Beings"? "Astral Projection"? "Genetic Memory"? "Hive Mind"?

If what you're looking for is any of these, you're not the first person to come up with it. It's the Energy Beings theory, and it's been around for a while

Far from what I am looking for. Like I said you gotta think outside the box. The only thing I can really call them now at this point is just "Tenno".

And they aren't energy either seeing as how infested flesh can use the abilities, Sentients can use their abilities, Corpus can use their abilities and mod them, and the Stalker can as well. So I am assuming the abilities were already there but...the movement, the skill, the way we fight, are what's carried over from the Tenno Spirit when moving from frame to frame.

Lore states "The Twisted few that returned from the void" If we are in the void, how did we return.

There is no lore to back up how we fit in all warframes, but I envision a body that is physically twisted, something like Robocop, where we are missing much of our physical parts. and all that is left is able to fit into the frames. How would we survive without them, I imagine something like phantom limbs using the void energies our bodies emit. There was an art I show from the forums that is close to the idea I have, it kinda resembles the T-800 basically a skeleton.

No not robots please. Using a comparison like robocops will cause other forumers to think something else entirely like what TARi has been doing. =/

You must forget what you know about Sci-Fi and see the "Tenno" and the "Warframes" as an entirely new thing that hasn't been come up with before and then it will start making sense~

Lets continue this tomorrow okay? For now you guys can discuss amongst yourselves~ I need to sleep. o -o

But rest assured we're getting somewhere. I will convince you all and make you understand. o -o

YOU WILL BE ENLIGHTENED!

SCAN FOR SIMARIS TENNO! >;O

Theory has too much major flaws. It was already mentioned that the warframes are frames built around the tenno to control their powers because these powers gave them pain or some sort of disease/illness. The tenno has flesh and physical form, which explains why there are male and female frames, its also the reason why cryostasis was needed since flesh rots.

Limbo theorem implies that you can switch from frame to frame but does that automatically mean that you are simply a soul jumping from a frame to another frame? No. There are blueprints before you craft a frame which means the frame can be adjusted to fit the tenno. Although of course, it just makes sense that the final crafted frames doesn't need to show how it would look like after re-adjustments. DE just needs to show how the warframe "originally" looked like.

Why do Phorid and Jordas Golem kept saying we are one with them? One with the infestation? I don't know why this is not obvious enough for other people. Just take a look at the warframes. The warframes are SIMPLY made out of infested tissues which is why Phorid and Jordas are confusing us as one of the infestation. Go to your foundry and check what's needed to craft the warframes. There is simply one exception, Oberon, I don't know why Oberon doesn't need any nano spore or plastid, must be an oversight.

Far from what I am looking for. Like I said you gotta think outside the box. The only thing I can really call them now at this point is just "Tenno".

And they aren't energy either seeing as how infested flesh can use the abilities, Sentients can use their abilities, Corpus can use their abilities and mod them, and the Stalker can as well. So I am assuming the abilities were already there but...the movement, the skill, the way we fight, are what's carried over from the Tenno Spirit when moving from frame to frame.

I understand why you're frustrated

The problem is, your theory isn't any different from the regular Energy Beings Theory in terms of functionality

Functionally-speaking, your "Tenno..." theory is just the Energy Beings theory with a fresh coat of paint. If the "Tenno..." spirits can body surf between different frames, just like an Energy Being, then your "Tenno..." spirits are no different from Energy Beings

And we know Tenno can't be "Tenno..." spirits because of how Lotus and Alad V talk about Zanuka

Let me just put to rest (lol like that will happen) this "Technocyte" nonsense. NOWHERE in the game is it stated that the Tenno are afflicted with the Technocyte virus. That theory comes from the idea that Warframe is linked to Dark Sector, which DE has repeatedly stated it is NOT.

Evidence that they are biological is they are stated as being such in the past lore, Twisted few that returned, and the children in Ember Prime's codex. Also Sargas Ruk stated "What Flesh is beneath that warframe" We suffer from Bleed Proc, need Life Support. Among others.

Tenno are biological.

Technocyte has been mentioned in the game before. Not only that, but the Infested have referred to the Tenno as being their flesh. Yes, evidence does overwhelmingly point to the presence of Technocyte in the game, and that the Tenno are infected with it. No one is denying that the Tenno are biological, but you can be infected with technocyte and still bleed.

I understand why you're frustrated

The problem is, your theory isn't any different from the regular Energy Beings Theory in terms of functionality

Functionally-speaking, your "Tenno..." theory is just the Energy Beings theory with a fresh coat of paint. If the "Tenno..." spirits can body surf between different frames, just like an Energy Being, then your "Tenno..." spirits are no different from Energy Beings

And we know Tenno can't be "Tenno..." spirits because of how Lotus and Alad V talk about Zanuka

Yup yous a troll.

Theory has too much major flaws. It was already mentioned that the warframes are frames built around the tenno to control their powers because these powers gave them pain or some sort of disease/illness. The tenno has flesh and physical form, which explains why there are male and female frames, its also the reason why cryostasis was needed since flesh rots.

Limbo theorem implies that you can switch from frame to frame but does that automatically mean that you are simply a soul jumping from a frame to another frame? No. There are blueprints before you craft a frame which means the frame can be adjusted to fit the tenno. Although of course, it just makes sense that the final crafted frames doesn't need to show how it would look like after re-adjustments. DE just needs to show how the warframe "originally" looked like.

Why do Phorid and Jordas Golem kept saying we are one with them? One with the infestation? I don't know why this is not obvious enough for other people. Just take a look at the warframes. The warframes are SIMPLY made out of infested tissues which is why Phorid and Jordas are confusing us as one of the infestation. Go to your foundry and check what's needed to craft the warframes. There is simply one exception, Oberon, I don't know why Oberon doesn't need any nano spore or plastid, must be an oversight.

You just proved yourself wrong lol.

Someone is enjoying themselves way too much with this "Theory"

This person makes more sense then the theory in OPs topic. Makes no sense at all in any format, that we're little fairy tales, in suits.

You need to think logic and detail here, Each Tenno is made and shaped by the void, to fit their frame and style and combat, and each Tenno has their own gender and mind, then any other.

We're a race, not some little ghost playing a game, inside a metal suit, we're not energy that theory has been killed to the point, of its beating a dead horse

There is another theory out there, where it implies that us Tenno are asleep in the 2nd dream and are controlling each Tenno, like the matrix, but Im unsure on that theory too.

So, to put it right, Ghosts can not Bleed. Need Air, get hurt by anything, even more so become Infected or taken alive and harmed is such ways as Valker was.  as if we where ghosts, we whuold be already.......DEAD.....

Sure, this theory whuold work for Nekros, and maybe the Yin/Yang warframe, and maybe Oberon, but others?, No..

Its a well made crafted theory, and its an inreasting idea, and hats off to you for spending your time and putting detail in it, we need more good people like you, however this theory is exclay the same as the "we are energy" and that theory is to the point of beating a dead horse, Sorry...

Edited by LegionCynex

I've read them, I interpreted it as it consumed the other warframe (Atlas) and you are like it, as it has tenno flesh within. I don't see anything with the Loading screen message that suggests you are infested with the virus.

It should also be stated that Jordas is insane.

That's not Jordas 100%, though. That's the Infestation talking. Jordas is providing context, but the Infestation ITSELF is pushing for us to answer it with the same questions. Plus the whole "unreliable narrator" defense is a LITTLE worn thin in this community.

And they didn't consume any other Warframe, Atlas' petrified remains were still about, at least according to Jordas, and the fact we're able to get them back to easily might attest to that. But I agree that the Tenno themselves aren't Infested I reserve that for the Warframes themselves - after all, Atlas was petrified. As far as I know, only biological elements can petrify.

She's going to have the ability to focus on her arrow, hardly leaving the Warframe as I see it. Was Hayden Tenno leaving his body whenever he did his slo-motion effect in Dark Sector? I don't think so, and even though they're not connected the same principle applies: it's like the third person, it's a gameplay tool.

So its a gameplay tool you say, kinda like how switching Warframes is a game tool.

Not saying it won't work like Hayden's after touch since they very well said it would, but If we are taking statements like "You are that energy" or "Furious light" overly literally, then obviously it means she will actually leave the frame, its "flawless". Remember, this was not my theory, this was yours.

As for why the frames don't go crazy I've already noted the possibility of the Warframes having been altered, lobotomized, after that first encounter to bring them to a point where they were more docile; easier to control, easier to store. But it is entirely possible that, somewhere in our Orbiters, we have our raging and angry Warframes chained up or in some kind of stasis to prevent that - I just think the former is more likely.

So many mental gymnastics you have to go through just to make your theory fit.

Oh, Tenno bleed and breathe and thus they can't really be ghost? Well uh, they only bleed and breathe because they possess infested bodies despite infested seemingly being able to even breathe in space. Tenno also invade such creatures to keep them from going crazy you see, flawless logic.

Oh, the suits don't even go crazy when Tenno leave them, let alone are they ever lead to be believed to be active on their own? Um, well, thats because they have been lobotomized, yeah thats it.

Tenno don't even have the same damage type as infested you say? Well, uh, uh, thats because they cloned bodies to also put into the infested suits, to also be bled or suffocated, for no reason apparently other than to give some poor excuse for why the infested damage value is ignored, despite the fact that there should be split damage values if they were true infested bodies that these other clone bodies also inhabit. Yepper. /end delusion

So much of these excuses are needlessly meticulous compared to just the concept of super powered beings having containments/battle suits built around them. As the game has actually suggested. The game has not actually expressed Tenno possesing infested or Warframes even being autonomous without the pilot, let alone wild and crazy.

Once awake(Outside of Lephantis, the Infested were not actually around anymore or evolving and spreading around the galaxy storywise, prior to this lore.) does not even support these ideas, neither do ether weapons, neither do damage values, neither does the Tenno lab, neither does anyone referencing Tenno corposes or body parts. Other things like Lotus distinguishing Infested Mesa from a Tenno body and distinguishing infested bosses like Phorid as an abberration of twisted flesh that should be put out of its misery, doesn't indicate that you are the same.

And was Atlas defeated BY the Golem? It's unclear, he was defeated there, and the fact that the Golem is made largely of more recent Corpus ship parts - something that could ONLY have been after the Mutalist strain - might argue to the contrary. It's entirely possible, though, but even then that goes back to the idea that the Golem, Lephantis, and others might simply have been too powerful, too close to the rest of the hivemind. The Rhino creature seen in the Codex was simple, powerful but not NEARLY as evolved as something like Lephantis, could be it was right in that sweet spot where it was weak enough for that sort of thing.

Jordas says Atlas was defeated there and that they will silence you like he was silenced. It strongly indicates that he was defeated by Golem, like how Mirage was defeated by Sentients. More support for this than some noise about Tenno being able to possess infested, but not doing so because other infested are too "weak", or some crap.

This suggestion that a Zariman child possessed a "Rhino infested" or whatever, also kinda flies in the face of the Ember codex where Kaleen was still harmed by the children. It doesn't support that this theoretically possessed Rhino, would have any restraints either way, unless of course, there was something special about the room itself.

But I don't know. We'll find out in second dream, and while I may be wrong I'm confident on a few key points: the Warframes are made of Technocyte Infestation, the Tenno are creatures that have been physically twisted by the Void in some way and are able to switch between the Warframe, and they work in a symbiotic relationship to form the greater whole of what we play as.

Most certainly seems the Orokin way, what with them having created the Sentients and all DESPITE it coming with the risk of it destroying them.

"Did our ancestors, burned by fire, reject is power?"

You are not saying anything profound.

We already know that Orokin created infested and that Lephantis was one of such weapons in the old war.

We also know that Warframes utilise Nanaospores and Plasmids.

Warframes however, being made out of parts of a substance, is different from literally being active infested flesh I must say. Nanospores and plastids were never contested as components, though they are clearly benign by comparison to actual infested, and they aren't all that Warframes are composed of clearly. Ether swords also have such components, yet they were used to cleanse the infestation.

Edited by UrielColtan

She's going to have the ability to focus on her arrow, hardly leaving the Warframe as I see it. Was Hayden Tenno leaving his body whenever he did his slo-motion effect in Dark Sector? I don't think so, and even though they're not connected the same principle applies: it's like the third person, it's a gameplay tool.

So its a gameplay tool you say, kinda like how switching Warframes is a game tool.

Not saying it won't work like Hayden's after touch since they very well said it would, but If we are taking statements like "You are that energy" or "Furious light" overly literally, then obviously it means she will actually leave the frame, its "flawless". Remember, this was not my theory, this was yours.

As for why the frames don't go crazy I've already noted the possibility of the Warframes having been altered, lobotomized, after that first encounter to bring them to a point where they were more docile; easier to control, easier to store. But it is entirely possible that, somewhere in our Orbiters, we have our raging and angry Warframes chained up or in some kind of stasis to prevent that - I just think the former is more likely.

Oh, Tenno bleed and breathe and thus they can't really be ghost? Well uh, they only bleed and breathe because they possess infested bodies despite infested seemingly being able to even breathe in space. Tenno also invade such creatures to keep them from going crazy you see, flawless logic.

Oh, the suits don't even go crazy when Tenno leave them, let alone are they ever lead to be believed to be active on their own? Um, well, thats because they have been lobotomized, yeah thats it.

Tenno don't even have the same damage type as infested you say? Well, uh, uh, thats because they cloned bodies to also put into the infested suits, to also be bled or suffocated, for no reason apparently other than to give some poor excuse for why the infested damage value is ignored, despite the fact that there should be split damage values if they were true infested bodies that these other clone bodies also inhabit. Yepper. /end delusion

So much of these excuses are needlessly meticulous compared to just the concept of super powered beings having containments/battle suits built around them. As the game has actually suggested. The game has not actually expressed Tenno possesing infested or Warframes even being autonomous without the pilot, let alone wild and crazy.

Once awake(Outside of Lephantis, the Infested were not actually around anymore or evolving and spreading around the galaxy storywise, prior to this lore.) does not even support these ideas, neither do ether weapons, neither do damage values, neither does the Tenno lab, neither does anyone referencing Tenno corposes or body parts. Other things like Lotus distinguishing Infested Mesa from a Tenno body and distinguishing infested bosses like Phorid as an abberration of twisted flesh that should be put out of its misery, doesn't indicate that you are the same.

And was Atlas defeated BY the Golem? It's unclear, he was defeated there, and the fact that the Golem is made largely of more recent Corpus ship parts - something that could ONLY have been after the Mutalist strain - might argue to the contrary. It's entirely possible, though, but even then that goes back to the idea that the Golem, Lephantis, and others might simply have been too powerful, too close to the rest of the hivemind. The Rhino creature seen in the Codex was simple, powerful but not NEARLY as evolved as something like Lephantis, could be it was right in that sweet spot where it was weak enough for that sort of thing.

Jordas says Atlas was defeated there and that they will silence you like he was silenced. It strongly indicates that he was defeated by Golem, like how Mirage was defeated by Sentients. More support for this than some noise about Tenno being able to possess infested, but not doing so because other infested are too "weak", or some crap.

This suggestion that a Zariman child possessed a "Rhino infested" or whatever, also kinda flies in the face of the Ember codex where Kaleen was still harmed by the children. It doesn't support that this theoretically possessed Rhino, would have any restraints either way, unless of course, there was something special about the room itself.

But I don't know. We'll find out in second dream, and while I may be wrong I'm confident on a few key points: the Warframes are made of Technocyte Infestation, the Tenno are creatures that have been physically twisted by the Void in some way and are able to switch between the Warframe, and they work in a symbiotic relationship to form the greater whole of what we play as.

Most certainly seems the Orokin way, what with them having created the Sentients and all DESPITE it coming with the risk of it destroying them.

We already know that Orokin created infested and that Lephantis was one of such weapons in the old war.

Warframes however, being made out of parts of a substance, is different from literally being active infested flesh I must say. Nanospores and plastids were never contested as components, though they are clearly benign by comparison to actual infested, and they aren't all that Warframes are composed of clearly. Ether swords also have such components, yet they were used to cleanse the infestation.

Retcon it, make them reject fire. Excalibur of the Jungle.

<snip>

EXCEPT we have in-game confirmation that the Tenno DO switch between Warframes, AND Steve's reply to the "Fourth Wall" comment from the AMA further suggests that, AND his "yes" answer to the question about "are the Operator separate from the Warframes" during the Comic Con Panel ALSO suggests that. That IS canon.

I do think the Tenno can switching their Warframes, because that seems to be very much what we're given. I just don't think that the Archer Warframe's doing that per that particular ability, not in the way that switching Warframes works, at any rate.

And I DON"T take those comments literally, I take what Vor's become and see a possibility - Vor's WORDS could mean anything, but what we SEE him having become? What we see him surviving through and becoming upon his "death", THAT'S something else entirely.

---

You say "mental gymnastics", I say putting together what we have been given into something coherent that seems logical to me. And I don't buy the cloned bodies bit as much, at least not in regards to the original ones from the Zariman.

The thing is, Lotus at least ADDRESSES that Phorid is something of flesh that has been twisted. What is is she says about Mesa, though? "It's a Warframe being puppeted by Mutalist Flesh". Even ALAD refers to his creation NOT as an Infested Tenno but as a "Mutalist Warframe". There's no Tenno there to be Infested.

As for the rest, see above.

---

Ahh, you're right. I forgot about that other statement. My bad, good catch.

And so what if Kaleen was harmed? The Tenno, we KNOW FOR A FACT, are BRIMMING with Void energy - Vor's statement, no matter which way you twist it, suggest that we have a strong link with Void energies.

I NEVER suggest that the Void turned flesh and blood children into spirits. I only suggest that it split the soul and the body, similar to, perhaps, we see Vor in the Void - though his exact nature is uncertain (could be his entire body is just a projection of energy, but that seems weird). The souls of the Tenno living on through Oro, through energy, just as Vor's life is now only attached to his "energy orb belly". 

But, as I say, this is but one theory of many, and I favor it only because of Void Vor's existence. Whatever we get I'll be happy with, I just want to know. The Second Dream will show us, that's all I care about. 

You are right now at the part where I was before I started realizing and understanding why the Tenno are Spirits of the Void!

Quit this nonsense _right_ now.

You have a theory, cool, bully for you. Stick with it, keep it as headcanon when it's no longer relevant, whatever you like.

But _don't_ state is as truth. Remember to use "I think", "IMHO" "It seems" or similar. You're well past the point of arrogance already and it's really pissing me off.

You like your pet theory, I get it, but that all it is. 

You have a theory, cool, bully for you. Stick with it, keep it as headcanon when it's no longer relevant, whatever you like.

But _don't_ state is as truth. Remember to use "I think", "IMHO" "It seems" or similar. You're well past the point of arrogance already and it's really pissing me off.

Basically this.

Just one thing. The game does support the notion that the Tenno have Technocyte (Infested "flesh"). It's just that there is no indication that the Warframes are separate infested creatures as opposed to just suits made from technocyte. Personally, I think the Tenno are so-called because they share something in common with their namesake - they were infected with technocyte but weren't consumed by it, meaning that they aren't the infested (and it's important to remember that it's not technocyte that is alive. It is the person infected with technocyte that loses his mind, and that mind becomes part of the infested hive mind).

Nonsense?....

NONSENSE? O _O

NONSENSE?!?!?!

NO MY FRIEND!

giphy.gif

The Salt is Strong in this one...

Here guys~  Take a look at the discussion going on in this thread for a moment: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/548143-woah-i-just-realized-something-possible-rhino-temple-guardian-skin-origin/

This proves that the Tenno Spirit took control of that prototype Rhino warframe~ o 3o

Keyword: PROTOTYPE

The ones we use today made by the Nano Foundry isn't alive or rather in a permanent comatose or maybe not, but it's certainly not like the ones in the past of course~

The concept of a theory in a being flawless suggests that the writers are somehow incapable of writing a conclusion that somehow prevents it from being true. 

Holy crap! You're right! O _O

I need to finish it and make a conclusion. ;o.....

I will do that after class~ = 3=

Technocyte has been mentioned in the game before. Not only that, but the Infested have referred to the Tenno as being their flesh. Yes, evidence does overwhelmingly point to the presence of Technocyte in the game, and that the Tenno are infected with it. No one is denying that the Tenno are biological, but you can be infected with technocyte and still bleed.

I didn't mean Technocyte isn't in the game, just that Tenno aren't afflicted with it (as what are tenno theory) Ether Sword codec is an example that they can be infected. Which I used as evidence that they aren't already infected by it.

Actually the TC is denying that Tenno are Biological.

Here guys~  Take a look at the discussion going on in this thread for a moment: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/548143-woah-i-just-realized-something-possible-rhino-temple-guardian-skin-origin/

This proves that the Tenno Spirit took control of that prototype Rhino warframe~ o 3o

Keyword: PROTOTYPE

The ones we use today made by the Nano Foundry isn't alive or rather in a permanent comatose or maybe not, but it's certainly not like the ones in the past of course~

The only time "Prototype" is mentioned is by a Fan, there is not one mention of a "Prototype" Rhino in the game.

Edited by Lightsmith

I didn't mean Technocyte isn't in the game, just that Tenno aren't afflicted with it (as what are tenno theory) Ether Sword codec is an example that they can be infected. Which I used as evidence that they aren't already infected by it.

Actually the TC is denying that Tenno are Biological.

The only time "Prototype" is mentioned is by a Fan, there is not one mention of a "Prototype" Rhino in the game.

It never says that the Ether Sword was used to cleanse Infected Tenno. It said that it was used to cleanse infected allies. Those allies were probably Orokin soldiers, not Tenno.