The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Launch + Faq!

[DE]Rebecca

How much will I make?

If your skin is chosen, you will make 30% of each sale. This 30% is a percentage of the cash transaction, not Platinum Currency.

Doesn't the current Tennogen skins within warframe already only make 25% in platinum?

Are they also able to submit those works to the steam workshop once those skins become available? (I'm sure they will likely add new stuff too if they are still around) Given it is is their own work, but would technically still be a copy of what is in game.

Also what of the competition submissions that didn't make it in game (but made the polls) are those creators allowed to submit theirs to the steam workshop once the models are available?  Again it is their own work.

If i may i would love to request a/some video(s) from the art guys.I really like substance painter and i i'd like to see how the art guys goes with it. Both at painting and 3D.

Another question: 

I'm not quite sure, but are we allowed to make models for the syndanas only?

43Kk9o1.png

please some 1 make this skin ill pay anything for it @_@

Why are you encouraging people to steal this man's work & make profit off of it? Not only that, but you can't change the actual model, so no one would be able to submit something like this. You can only change textures & whatnot. 

Some people can use it for Inspiration and taxt it in another direction, without editing the Model.

On A side note, Does anyone know how the cretors will be receiving a Transaction payment, Is it Steam Wallet, is it Straight to your Payment account (i.e. Bank if its debit, or Paypal, etc)

It's straight to your Bank account. Steam Workshop actually requires you to give them your bank account information so that they can give you your money.

So, if someone spends 120plat on a skin, that equals about 8 dollars, do you get 30% of the 8 dollars? I am having trouble understanding the rate of exchange here.

I really, really want something similar to Manic armor. Here is my idea. 

saxfuc.jpg

Anyone with straight hands? ^_^

Thats awesome! ;)

The content guide indicates that the only retexturing that we are allowed to do is the body while the head must remain untouched (I figured this was to allow for multiple alternate helmet options). Am I mistaken in my reading? Because being able to edit the helmet would be very nice.

So I was thinking of toying around with this, doing some sort of 'resistance' skin on the Gorgon that mimicked (not 1:1 but attempting to subtly modify) some similar iconography that'd you'd see on, say, Vietnam-era Warthog attackplanes, but then I noticed the bit in 'reasons for rejection' that's making me somewhat wary of trying this sorta thing, due to Meta reasons. I suppose the only way to be 100% sure in this case would be to try and get all my idea doodled out and tweaked to the Warframe style but as a off-the-cuff idea, would it seem like a bad idea? I had half a mind for the skin being a kind of nod to potential unalligned resistance fighters hidden in the background, with very war-era modifications and a mix of phrases or scripts (Grineer, Corpus, even Tenno?) used in the skin.

the color map is doing my head in.

HOYwnSF.jpg

For some reason the moment I switch to a darker color on the tint the dark tones from the diffuse map starts bleeding thru.

If I could figure out how this damn tint works in substance designer that might help but no idea how that works.

The content guide indicates that the only retexturing that we are allowed to do is the body while the head must remain untouched (I figured this was to allow for multiple alternate helmet options). Am I mistaken in my reading? Because being able to edit the helmet would be very nice.

The other character skins don't affect the heads as well (less the Prisma one, as I was feeling crazy and using Painter that day that made it easy).  For the time being we're going to go with just bodies like the Immortal skins.

For some reason the moment I switch to a darker color on the tint the dark tones from the diffuse map starts bleeding thru.

If I could figure out how this damn tint works in substance designer that might help but no idea how that works.

Is there something in the alpha channel in those spots or something?  Does that area change when you change any of the other tint colours?  The colour picker is covering that in the SS so hard to guess.

The other character skins don't affect the heads as well (less the Prisma one, as I was feeling crazy and using Painter that day that made it easy).  For the time being we're going to go with just bodies like the Immortal skins.

Is there something in the alpha channel in those spots or something?  Does that area change when you change any of the other tint colours?  The colour picker is covering that in the SS so hard to guess.

There's nothing in the alpha there, the colormap is just pure red/blue/green. but for some reason it picks up on the diffuse maps dark spots and treats them as "non color" areas.

2t2ukaj.jpg

Download the Tool here from Steam by searching for 'Warframe TennoGen', the App ID is 396050.

Hello,

i am not able to find the Tool in Steam, it doesn't give me any search results for 'Warframe TennoGen' and i dont know how to search for an App ID in my Steam Client. Am i doing something wrong or is it not available atm?

(only copy-pasted Warframe TennoGen into my search bar in my steam client's shop)

I hope some1 can help me out. :)

There's nothing in the alpha there, the colormap is just pure red/blue/green. but for some reason it picks up on the diffuse maps dark spots and treats them as "non color" areas.

Ah.  The luminance of the diffuse does impact the ability to colour it when we use it in engine -- that is why I talk about keeping it around 128 grey for non-metals in the help docs.  Will see if Jeremy or Steve can explain it on a more complete / technical basis.

HOYwnSF.jpg

If it is anything like Painter, load the three main channels into User 0, and load the alpha as a black and white PNG into User 1.

So does this mean that every single skin that edits the helmet will be rejected? Because 1) that would mean that every single excalibur skin would be rejected, and 2) that would be very disappointing. The best warframe skins right now are ones that also edit helmets. Not only that, but it makes absolutely zero sense to allow us to use PBR shaders for our skins, or even edit normal maps, seeing that, if we do so, they wont match up with any of the existing helmets. And, following that, it then makes absolutely zero sense to even include the ability to edit the helmet textures in TennoGen. Please reconsider this, and go with helmets in addition to bodies. Because right now, as I and probably many others feel, it's pointless to create a new warframe skin if we're going to be limited to only bodies.

Archived