Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Workshop Launch + Faq!

[DE]Rebecca

Wow, just 30% ... that sounds like Skyrim paid mods 2.0.

No offense but for 100% content creation over 50% would be fair ... not to mention that in most countries you have to declare this additional income and pay taxes (if you do it legally).

1. the % in the case of textures are not that bad. they give you the model, the textures examples, the tools to work with, the platform for your sales and the clients. that is worth a big chunk IMO. 

2. If you get platinum into your account you don't have any taxes aplied to them, 

That is something they should clarify. Wether you get money or plat.

Other thing there's no sign of, is if they get the rights of the things you upload in the case of models(textures that are applied over their models are obviously theirs since they own the base).

1. the % in the case of textures are not that bad. they give you the model, the textures examples, the tools to work with, the platform for your sales and the clients. that is worth a big chunk IMO. 

2. If you get platinum into your account you don't have any taxes aplied to them, 

Other thing there's no sign of, is if they get the rights of the things you upload in the case of models(textures that are applied over their models are obviously theirs since they own the base).

Pretty sure it's money like every other item on the workshop that gets accepted into games. CS:GO, TF2, Dota 2, etc.

I am curios in making skins, but the thing called normal map is making me scratch my head. If I am not mistaken one needs a hi-poly model to make hi-def normal maps. But if we are only given skins and the low poly model, how to make nice looking normal maps?

I am curios in making skins, but the thing called normal map is making me scratch my head. If I am not mistaken one needs a hi-poly model to make hi-def normal maps. But if we are only given skins and the low poly model, how to make nice looking normal maps?

What I tend to do is make a height map where black is low , white is high.

I can then harden edges via gradients and convert to a bump map. If anything is off I just adjust the bump with blenders drawing plugins.

Pretty sure it's money like every other item on the workshop that gets accepted into games. CS:GO, TF2, Dota 2, etc.

Except, those games use real money in-game to buy items.

Warframe uses Platinum, which yes, is bought with real money, but you don't go into the trading tab and give $20 to someone for a Syndicate weapon, you give them "X amount of plat"

Items on the market aren't sold for "USD $5" they're sold for "75 plat"

How much will I make?

If your skin is chosen, you will make 30% of each sale. This 30% is a percentage of the cash transaction, not Platinum Currency.

You are correct, expanded FAQ!

Well, as a founder I forgot about one important thing:

WF is F2P and therefore my analogy with Skyrim doesn't really fit that well.

Wow, just 30% ... that sounds like Skyrim paid mods 2.0.

No offense but for 100% content creation over 50% would be fair ... not to mention that in most countries you have to declare this additional income and pay taxes (if you do it legally).

I think Valve takes some percent from each usermade item sold, so it's possible that they have rates like 30% user, 30% Valve, 40% DE (rates values are just an example)

Are we allowed to create our own custom normal maps, or must we use the ones provided?

You can create your own normals as you wish.  At present we are just providing our raw normal map bakes to give you something to work with.  It has to meet a high quality bar and not have any technical problems to be accepted ofc.

@DE

Not to be a downer, but will it be possible to disable anything Workshop (client sided) within Warframe?
There are certain internet phenomena I'd just rather avoid seeing in Warframe if they actually get chosen for the game.

Not trying to insult anyone, so sorry if I offended any creative mind.

[EDIT]

I don't know how steam workshop works, so sorry if it actually just "is" client sided.

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻

soooo, what am i doing wrong here?:

http://i.imgur.com/FbmKcUE.png

The files for the Liset are to make new skins with.  The won't work by default in the viewer.  The files in the "example" series of zips are will work in the viewer.  If you already have a custom tintmask that you've made and are experiencing problems please read the texturing guide in the help tab to see if it covers the issue.

Archived