Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.10.2 + 17.10.3

DE_Adam

I have a doubt, by lethal strikes, you mean killing an enemy while both using toxic lash and the spores are active on the targeted enemy? If so, does the enemy need to have spores on him or can it also have the proc generated from spores? Because I've found myself striking high leveled enemies as I cast spores on enemies then toxic lash and as I melee them they end up with all their spores being popped, therefore, I get no energy recovery.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it is a huge doubt I have

Toxic Lash is still broken. I'm using spores but getting NO energy back. 

I think if you use it, and all the spores pop, but then they still stand, and you kill them with a normal melee strike, it doesn't give energy?

Edited by oceano4

These Saryn buffs are not really useful for high level content (I wouldnt cast spore, and then go toxic lash melee on level 90+ enemies). A few buffs I would propose are as follows:

- Reduce cost of spores from base 25 to 10. Enemies dying from spores would give back 5 energy.

- Molt. I feel this needs to be as durable as Frost Snow Globe. Suggest to remove duration as well

- Toxic Lash - Rather than dmg reduction when blocking. Why not just add a general reduction in dmg like 75%?

- Miasma: Change dmg type to Corrosive. Double its base duration from 3 seconds to 6 seconds.

The above is not really perfect but could be a step in the right direction.

PC isn't a console. If its a toaster then its some crappy tablet processor which never had the specs to begin with, otherwise a real PC thats a mere 3 years old is typically decent enough to handle this game. Been pissed since the nvidia physx nerfs, and they continue making more fx nerfs to things that even my low end AMD laptop can handle, let alone my superior desktop, though neither are particularly expensive top gaming rigs either way.

This, I don't get how people are having issues with this game, it ran fine even in my S#&$ty old pc that had dual core, 1gb Video card and 2 gb RAM

All those issues are impossible unless you're literally playing on commodore 64

If you cast Molt in a place that's hard to shoot then it will often last for its full duration.  Also, if you're being literal, 2 seconds is an eternity in Warframe time; more than enough to get to safety.  

You cast molt in the battle when enemies are shooting at you. Thus if they could hit you they can hit the molt.

No clue which game you´re playing.

forcing Saryn into melee won't make people use her in melee. please consider replacing the odd man out that is Toxic Lash with something that works at range. ideall some form of even the softest CC coupled with a toxin proc.

and while you're at it, if Molt became placeable like Loki's Decoy, it would go a long way in making the whole setup for Miasma smoother and less time consuming (because youdon't waste time trying to target the clone that's behind you, among a bunch of enemies).

When I read the update notes about the molt duration it made me laugh. Even with around 28% duration increase molt already lasted for around 30s (don't know how long but i know long enough b/c I would stare at my molt disintigrating) ... making the increased duration pointless. As others have pointed, it's not a matter of how long molt lasts but its ability to die fast. This fix solved nothing.

let us cast 2-3 molts

Edited by Creamed

DE, you seem to be negotiating with players, poorly.

Give Saryn:

- (a lot) more HP 

- passive resistance to poison/gas/corrosive 

- buff life points of molt instead of it's duration

- reduce energy consumption on all powers

Or keep being stubborn, learning nothing from "Rakta Ballistica is in a good place" type of denial...

You know that melee combat sucks, right? When melee combat in this game is as DMC (Hack & Slash)

This game will be the most awsome game Ever!!! but thanks, you do a great job.

how to say it without making you sound stupid.......well, I  guess it's too late for that. DMC  (and most hack and slash) gameplay is FOCUSED on melee and guns are used for CC. Warframe is focused on GUNPLAY and melee is for fast kills if the enemies are close to you.

DE, you seem to be negotiating with players, poorly.

Give Saryn:

- (a lot) more HP 

- passive resistance to poison/gas/corrosive 

- buff life points of molt instead of it's duration

- reduce energy consumption on all powers

Or keep being stubborn, learning nothing from "Rakta Ballistica is in a good place" type of denial...

Their idea of a Good Place is six feet under.

On a related note, I was hoping for a Nekros rework but now I'm very much unsure.

If you wanted to double the actual duration of molt you should have doubled its health.

Molt explosion is still only half the area of Miasma which makes it a bad setup for that skill.

Energy refund on toxic lash is great but only if you run spore -> toxic lash. It doesn't help at all if you're still trying to make molt -> spore -> miasma work.

Why isn't toxic lash just a toggle at this point? And what kind of damage boost in this game only provides a 30% boost to one type of weapon for one person? Sonar is 5x for every weapon for 4 people, Eclipse is 3x damage for every weapon for herself (4 with the augment), Roar is 50% for every weapon for 4 people, Accelerant is 2.5x for heat damage (which is common since corrosive/heat is meta) for 4 people, Molecular prime is double damage for every weapon for 4 people, Limbo has a 3x multiplier for every weapon for him, Loki and Ash have a 4x multiplier for melee while being invisible for themselves, and Volt and Valkyr have a 50% attack speed buff for melee for 4 people. The numbers on toxic lash are insultingly bad.

While I agree with (most of) what you're saying*, you left out a few abilities in that list. (Note that that's not a criticism -- I'm just that anal retentive.) :P

o--> Chroma: The Scorn half of Chroma's Vex Armor, which has a maximum (unmodded) bonus of +1.75x weapon damage for Chroma at rank 3. (Which is a total of 2.75x weapon damage, given that it's additive to the base, not multiplicative. Also scales with power strength.)

o--> Equinox: Actually has three abilities which grant some kind of damage bonus. 1.) Swapping to the Day-form with Metamorphosis grants a 25% weapon damage bonus which decays over 25 seconds. 2.) Day-form's Rage gives enemies a 50% 'Damage Vulnerability' debuff. (Which increases all damage received by enemies, like MPrime, but speeds them up instead of slowing them.) and 3.) Day-form's Rage aura grants a base +20% boost to Power Strength for all warframe powers cast within the aura. (The boost can't exceed +50% from the aura under any circumstances, however. It also means that while Rage is active, Equinox's powers get to double-dip on the benefits of Power-Strength mods, because of how the formula for the power works.)

o--> Excalibur: Has 2 bonuses -- the passive +10%/+10% to melee attack speed and melee damage, as well as the (indirect) damage bonus of Radial Blind, which opens-up enemies to melee finishers (which ignore armor) and stealth-damage multipliers. On top of that, the augment mod for Radial Blind allows you to deal even more damage with melee finishers. (And then there's 'Covert Lethality'...)

o--> Mesa: Shooting Gallery provides an alternating, one-person-at-a-time, bonus of +25% to a squadmate's weapon's base damage.

o--> Mirage: Hall of Mirrors (and its augment) increase Mirage's weapon damage, and Prism blinds enemies when it detonates, providing the same bonuses as Radial Blind.

o--> Valkyr: Paralysis causes affected enemies to be susceptible to melee finishers.

*'most of' -- Okay, maybe not insultingly bad. Definitely laughably bad, though. That said, we do get that nice toxin proc, which is a guaranteed proc independent of strength/duration etc. -- but it definitely needs either more base damage (with the current scaling), or additive (not multiplicative) power strength scaling. (e.g., a maxed Intensify would bring the bonus from 30% to 60%).

The way we're now forced -- not just given the option -- into inflicting both viral and toxic procs on enemies in an area to get proper damage out of Miasma? That's insulting. (This is independent of the fact that if you're using Saryn, you should be casting Spores on everything that moves anyways because of 50% less health. Just because it's common sense to use an ability doesn't mean that we should have another ability suffer if we don't. What if we don't have enough energy to cast both?)

Edited by cittran

Players put in so much thought and effort into really good ideas for how to make the rework amazing. Ranging from little tweaks with big impacts to more major changes that would be amazing.

DE gives us molt duration.

DE, I hope you realize that Ember is far superior to Saryn right now.

That's bad considering Ember is a frame people say needs a rework to be better in endgame, and Saryn just got one.

So, I've testing this fix to saryn, and to be totally honest, I don't understand its mechanics :/

1st Apparently the energy recovery only applies to the first enemy that you cast spores on, because it seems as if those that the spores got spreaded to don't give energy AT ALL (Unless it is the bug that is still running through and didn't actually get fixed).

2nd Seems like it gives energy for each hit AS FAR as the targeted enemy still has active spores on it. Which would actually work even on top tier missions (+45lvl enemies) IF the secondary spores gave energy recovery as well, which so far as I've tested, they don't.

3rd There was a third point but I forgot about it :D

EDIT:

I totally don't understand this fix xD  Sometimes it Works each time you hit them while the enemy having spores and me with toxic lash activated, others it only gives back energy on kill ONLY if the enemy has any active spores on it and lastly, it simply doesn't work at all and either have to recast spores, toxic lash or both to make it work again.

But honestly, if this actually worked it would be amazing, maybe not per each time you hit an enemy but neither 2 energy on kill, that literally becomes useless on high leveled enemies. My idea would be like giving energy eavry amout of hits with melee while having active spores and activated toxic lash. That way it wouldn't be over powered since if she gets energy per each hit, you literally would never run out of energy. 

I don't know though, it is just my personal opinión.

Edited by DarkGhost18

The way we're now forced -- not just given the option -- into inflicting both viral and toxic procs on enemies in an area to get proper damage out of Miasma? That's insulting. 

How is that insulting?  It's trivially easy to spread both statuses to a whole legion of enemies and get the [still] strongest radial nuke in the game in return.

Yeah, it's happening to me too, either it gets stuck at 'checking for updates' or if it gets past that, the game doesn't launch but stays in the task manager

Update: Game started after I left it for about 15 minutes, but I couldn't log in, it said wrong info everytime