Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.10.2 + 17.10.3

DE_Adam

Saryn Changes

• Reduced the particle FX on Saryn’s Spore when spreading between enemies to address performance issues.
  • Doubled the duration of Saryn’s Molt.
  • Saryn’s Spores now cost half normal energy when cast on Molt.
  • Destroying an enemy affected by Saryn’s Spores with Toxic Lash will now restore 2 energy to Saryn.
  • Saryn’s Toxic Lash can now be recast to refresh its duration.

Toxic lash buff is good.

Molt buffs however are redundant.

Increase Molts HEALTH. So it can tank lvl 60+ enemies.

These 2 buffs to molt are not good enough it needs HEALTH, ARMOR, DURABILITY.

Edited by Ziegrif

Still no fix for immortal trin skin on prime,

Still no fix for immortal nova skin on prime,

no fix for tail on new valkyr skin.

Saryn Changes

• Doubled the duration of Saryn’s Molt.
  • Saryn’s Spores now cost half normal energy when cast on Molt.
  • Destroying an enemy affected by Saryn’s Spores with Toxic Lash will now restore 2 energy to Saryn.
  • Saryn’s Toxic Lash can now be recast to refresh its duration.

The complaint people have with Molt is that it's not durable enough; not that it didn't last long enough.  This change also does nothing to promote Molt's synergy with Miasma (missing health from Molts detonated by Miasma adds to Miasma's damage.)

Halving Spores' energy cost when it's already miniscule to begin with (and can easily spread to a huge group from just one cast) is not much of a benefit.

Toxic Lash energy restore change highlights Saryn's durability nerf and will further rile up those who decried the rework's integration of Toxic Lash as part of Saryn's core gameplay (even though TL is still totally optional.)

Make no mistake: I would have been OK with no more Saryn buffs.  However, the buffs that this update delivers will do little to mollify the vocal group of haters who continually trash Saryn in the court of public opinion.  It would have been preferable to throw them a bone that indicates that the design team is actually listening.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

The complaint people have with Molt is that it's not durable enough; not that it didn't last long enough.  

Halving Spores' energy cost when it's already miniscule to begin with is not much of a benefit.

Toxic Lash energy restore change highlights Saryn's durability nerf and will further rile up those who decried the rework's integration of Toxic Lash as part of Saryn's core gameplay (even though TL is still totally optional.)

Make no mistake: I would have been OK with no more Saryn buffs.  However, the buffs that this update delivers will do little to mollify the vocal group of haters who continually trash Saryn in the court of public opinion.  It would have been preferable to throw them a bone that indicates that the design team is actually listening.  

They probably have more changes coming, they just put these easier changes in with the trial fixes as a start.

Why? It never lives long enough to last it's whole duration as it is, at higher level it gets destroyed instantly. Completely pointless change no one was asking for, it's like you don't listen to the community at all.

Alright, this is a clear indication that you want Saryn to be used as a Melee Frame since there's no other way to sustain your Energy without utilizing this change, in this case bring Health back up to 150 (or more) and give her some Survivabiity. She has no CC/Status/Damage Reduction when in Melee, for christ's sake she's a poison Frame and she gets obliterated by Poison Ancients...how is she supposed to be a successful Melee Frame if enemies with Auras kill her instantly?

agree'd. i don't mind if she's being focused to boost her melee play, but forcing her to is too harsh for alot of players. her survivability sucks, period. maybe reconsider her molt skill overall, or rework it to be more effective than it is.

you "whiners" will not get your spamming saryn back ... this is great, thx DE =)

You know, in all those 90 page feedbacks on Saryn changes, almost everyone complained not about her spamming miasma but her squishiness. The other percentage are people like you laughing at them

Still no fix for immortal trin skin on prime,

Still no fix for immortal nova skin on prime,

no fix for tail on new valkyr skin.

Still no limbo rework, still no oberon buff, still no excalibur nerf, still no fixes for enemy spawns or the tons of host migrations mid-level load, still nothing that actually matters. Only saryn nerfs.

The complaints aren't that you can't spam 4.  The complaints are that she has mediocre damage for the time to set it up, has no survivability, and no CC.  She doesn't have anything that can take her into higher leveled content.

I don't know about no CC. she has some CC, albeit its average. Regenerative Molt gives her some survivability too.

• Reduced the particle FX on Saryn’s Spore when spreading between enemies to address performance issues.

Damn it DE, I'm not on a console or 10 year old toaster, quit doing this to me.

Did you ever think that they're doing this for players with 3 - 5 year old "toasters"?

I don't know about you, but even as someone who loves Saryn I'm okay with this. I hate watching other Saryn's spam their 4's.

And now you can hate the others that spam 1's :)

And in all my time playing i was only in 1 match where a person was spamming the 4. I much more hate the volt users who spam the speed option. I wish there was a mod so that i could disable it :)

Edited by EmVaper

Oh c'mon stop beating around the bushes and give Saryn HER OWN BLADE (equip skill) already. toxic lash suck.

Or just actually read the megathread, the long-running saryn rework thread, literally anyone that's played saryn and isn't below MR 15.

Or play the game, really.

Because nobody but megan and rebecca plays the game for any extended time.

I don't know about you, but even as someone who loves Saryn I'm okay with this. I hate watching other Saryn's spam their 4's.

I wonder if you hate that as much as I hate watching Novas spam their M Prime (and you know, M Prime wouldn't be a problem if it didn't link enemies together).