Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 17.10.2 + 17.10.3

DE_Adam

Good steps to improve Saryn, Let's all do some play-testing & see if she needs more buffs.  

As of right now, I'm still concerned about survivability & energy efficiency.

Please have molt give a few seconds of invisibility.

How about a mechanic like, Saryn regenerates energy if she is within X meters of her molt?

We found a bug where, in the first part of JV, some guys got stucked in the last door before the non-archwing part (the giant door that opens with the spore) and only by force-closing the game and reentering they could skip it.
I don't know if it's only a JV thing or something related to doors in general at this point (I constantly need to use /unstuck in the void if I'm at high speeds near doors)

Or just actually read the megathread, the long-running saryn rework thread, literally anyone that's played saryn and isn't below MR 15.

Or play the game, really.

Because nobody but megan and rebecca plays the game for any extended time.

Mhm lots of assumptions there. I personally like this saryn better than old saryn though I still want more changes and I'm MR 17. Devs do play their game they just don't publicize as much as other devs like megan and Rebecca and Glen.

Would be nice if some attention was paid to the changes suggested in this topic:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/558548-saryn-is-better-now-imo-but-needs-some-finishing-touches/#entry6298589

Thanks for the work, DE, but we still need some adjustments for this rework to really make Saryn be popular or equal to other frames. I hope you will continue your efforts to make this a good rework, and I hope you take into consideration what has been suggested by your players.

All these people assuming that the folks praising the Saryn rework don't run actual content is ridiculous.  It stinks of a "No True Scotsman" fallacy because you assume that the people who like the rework haven't played "real" content.

I've run T3, T4, and the raid with my Saryn, and she's quite alright.  Most of the complaints about her dealing with "High-level" content seem to conveniently forget that the the point that she starts having issues, EVERYONE starts having issues.  Molts only last a few seconds, Snow Globes only last a few seconds more because they have that brief period of invulnerability, then they die just as fast.

Melee is fine as long as you're using decent weapons and there's no shortage of those.  Honestly, she's quite nicely tanky.  Only one better is Oberon because he's got free healing as a power and knockdown on command.

Saryn’s Toxic Lash can now be recast to refresh its duration.

Why is it not just a toggle?  Toxic lash is an ability you're going to need on basically all the time for the kit to work as intended, with it's synergies.  Just make it a toggle already.

Saryn could use a few more changes IMO.

1. Just change Lash to a channeled ability

2. Molt could still use some survivability. Either make it scale off of Saryn's mods like Atlas' Rumblers or make it work like Snowglobe. It could also use a bit of an Agro buff.

3. Buff Saryn's health and/or armor or integrate Regenerative Molt into the base power.

Overall, I do like the rework and she is almost there. Keep the changes coming.

DE,

I dont think molt needs duration, LOL, now we know you want us to play saryn as melee, now its clear to us but if you really want to do this give saryn a bit of melee type upgrade? armor and health something that makes you wanna play melee you know level 60 mobs hurts a lot like 30 mobs firing at you at the same time, molt regen dont really cut it.

Buff is buff... regardless

Saryn’s Toxic Lash can now be recast to refresh its duration.

Why is it not just a toggle?  Toxic lash is an ability you're going to need on basically all the time for the kit to work as intended, with it's synergies.  Just make it a toggle already.

Pretty much every Saryn will be running a positive duration build now, so keeping it duration-based allows it to be more efficient, even if the cost were as low as 25 + 3/sec (vs the current 50 energy for 30 seconds at base.)  Toggles also disable Energy Siphon and cause you to waste energy pickups.

Edited by RealPandemonium

Rankii, I made a suggestion topic and so far it hasn't devolved into the madness of "lol you want to spam miasma".

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/558548-saryn-is-better-now-imo-but-needs-some-finishing-touches/#entry6298589

If it gets enough attention, DE might consider it.

... Might.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

While I appreciate any buffs that Saryn gets I, like many others, am kinda scratching my head about the molt duration change. In my experience, molt's duration is never the limiting factor in its survivability. It almost always dies well before the duration expires either due to enemy damage or miasma usage.

Any chance we can get a snow globe-like invulnerability buff to molt? Or perhaps some sort of change to the regenerative molt augment buff ceasing after molt dies?