Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soo... U18 Coming Dec 2?

Shafilp

Why are people sticking so much to DE saying that they'd get it done by the end of November? They've delayed so many things simply because unforeseeable things happened which required more time to fix/add.

U13 was also delayed by a week even though they had a teaser site up already simply because the melee system needed more fine-tuning before it could be shipped.

We also had a bunch of articles from no-name sites before official announcements and they all turned out to be true. (Den of Kubrow, Hallowed Nightmares, Infested Nightmares etc...)

Why are people sticking so much to DE saying that they'd get it done by the end of November? They've delayed so many things simply because unforeseeable things happened which required more time to fix/add.

U13 was also delayed by a week even though they had a teaser site up already simply because the melee system needed more fine-tuning before it could be shipped.

We also had a bunch of articles from no-name sites before official announcements and they all turned out to be true. (Den of Kubrow, Hallowed Nightmares, Infested Nightmares etc...)

Why u stick so much the someone that is not DE?

Who would know better than anyone when will something be ready to update... a gaming news page, which i have know of its existence today?

Or the actual Developers of the game.

If they said before november ends, then that's because they must have it calculated with any posible delay poping up (pretty much U18 have been already delayed, since it was supose to be comin the first weeks of November, then on the next devstream they said at the end of november)

Why should i believe someone that doesnt even tells you where did they got the information? and if DE want U18 to be a surprise, why give a "release date" to someone that is not their fans?

Logic

Who would know better than anyone when will something be ready to update... a gaming news page, which i have know of its existence today?

If they said before november ends, then that's because they must have it calculated with any posible delay poping up (pretty much U18 have been already delayed, since it was supose to be comin the first weeks of November, then on the next devstream they said at the end of november)

Why should i believe someone that doesnt even tells you where did they got the information? and if DE want U18 to be a surprise, why give a "release date" to someone that is not their fans?

Logic

Godmur is right here...

Godmur is right here...

except he has a couple things flawed, DE never said specifically when U18 would hit. they just said november. They've also given news sites info before even letting us know. (like all the special weekend stuff and the halloween event). Not saying we should believe the sites post but DE wouldn't release an update without a hype site as of lately.

except he has a couple things flawed, DE never said specifically when U18 would hit. they just said november. They've also given news sites info before even letting us know. (like all the special weekend stuff and the halloween event). Not saying we should believe the sites post but DE wouldn't release an update without a hype site as of lately.

Go and check the Devstreams, DE said U18 will be coming Before November ends for sure.

Which proofs do you have DE have told this sites when will it be all ready?, halloween event, was pretty much know when would it be coming before hand, aswell as the Special weekend, they comunicated this things here on this forums, and the front page, or leave clear when they would come on a devstream...

And they have told when U18 will be around on the Devstreams already... so why the hell must i believe a site that i've never seen or know about, that doesnt even tells you form were they got the data?

If DE wanted to get people hyped, they would have tease, or announce it already here on Warframe.com, there is no place where you can call the attetion more than from this place...

Edited by Godmur

Logic

They don't have to "calculate" every single possible delay, DE tends to release rough estimations of when we can expect the update. And that's exactly why we shouldn't nail the date down to that statement. If they say November, always take the possibility into account that it's going to happen in December. Heck, if everything goes super smooth (which is rare in game development) it could even be released earlier than expected. It's impossible to take every possible delay into account, especially in such a large game. Change one thing and break two others.

I'm not saying you should trust the site, but where would they get info for a new PvP map? I doubt they'd think of something like that by themselves. Everything else we know lines up with the article and it's not like the date is unreasonable or anything.

As for giving a date to someone else, it's PR. As I've already said, random no-name gaming sites released articles about upcoming weekend events multiple days in advance of an official statement. Why wouldn't they try to get as much publicity as possible for their biggest update this year?

Also take into account that they'd want to avoid another debacle like U13, which is why Dec. 2nd sounds reasonable. They might be able to roughly finish it next week, but they wouldn't want to give us a release date for next week in case something does happen. So they rather give themselves a secure timeframe in which they are sure to finish it.

They don't have to "calculate" every single possible delay, DE tends to release rough estimations of when we can expect the update. And that's exactly why we shouldn't nail the date down to that statement. If they say November, always take the possibility into account that it's going to happen in December. Heck, if everything goes super smooth (which is rare in game development) it could even be released earlier than expected. It's impossible to take every possible delay into account, especially in such a large game. Change one thing and break two others.

I'm not saying you should trust the site, but where would they get info for a new PvP map? I doubt they'd think of something like that by themselves. Everything else we know lines up with the article and it's not like the date is unreasonable or anything.

As for giving a date to someone else, it's PR. As I've already said, random no-name gaming sites released articles about upcoming weekend events multiple days in advance of an official statement. Why wouldn't they try to get as much publicity as possible for their biggest update this year?

Also take into account that they'd want to avoid another debacle like U13, which is why Dec. 2nd sounds reasonable. They might be able to roughly finish it next week, but they wouldn't want to give us a release date for next week in case something does happen. So they rather give themselves a secure timeframe in which they are sure to finish it.

They dont want a debacle, they want to be burned alive, they dont tell their fans throught the official forums, U18 will be delayed to December... instead they gave that information to a gaming gacete, DE must have been paid a good amount of money to say it... oh wait nvm, they say it for free, to someone, so he tells us, so we get crazy, so we end up making a riot and flooding the forums.

Seems legit... Logic

Edited by Godmur

Go and check the Devstreams, DE said U18 will be coming Before November ends for sure.

Which proofs do you have DE have told this sites when will it be all ready?, halloween event, was pretty much know when would it be coming before hand, aswell as the Special weekend, they comunicated this things here on this forums, and the front page, or leave clear when they would come on a devstream...

And they have told when U18 will be around on the Devstreams already... so why the hell must i believe a site that i've never seen or know about, that doesnt even tells you form were they got the data?

If DE wanted to get people hyped, they would have tease, or announce it already here on Warframe.com, there is no place where you can call the attetion more than from this place...

They dont want a debacle, they want to be burned alive, they dont tell their fans throught the official forums, U18 will be delayed to December... instead they gave that information to a gaming gacete, DE must have been paid a good amount of money to say it... oh wait nvm, they say it for free, to someone, so he tells us, so we get crazy, so we end up making a riot and flooding the forums.

Seems legit... Logic

Excaly..

Every time info leaks like this it turns out to be true. Only 2 or so leaks have turned out to be fake since I've started fact checking. When it comes to updates like these there's no reason to lie lol. 

No reason to lie, except that something like this is a free piece of cake, like France is right now for the Tv news.

Again why would DE tell to someone else about it, to get the people hyped when they just need to post 1 thread on their own page, to make the notice go viral, over the hole community.

I see your point, but you must also see mine... i do not expect DE to give me an exact date with something like this, but again i didnt expected anything the past week, and they gave us the Mios, when it was suposed to be coming with U18, or after it...

So why should i bet now for them to not updating till the last moment, wish it will be the next week. but im already expecting it to be monday 30... and lately DE havent done anything to make us doubt about their judgement, not to say they even told us this week they wont update anything at all on PC, so may this point out that we will get update next week, to me its like hiding candy from me, and you say you dont have any, while you have the mouth full of it

Edited by Godmur

Seems legit... Logic

Not seeing anyone around here rioting. If you want to believe DE, go ahead. No one said you have to believe the site.

Personally I don't see any reason why they'd make something like this up.

Not seeing anyone around here rioting. If you want to believe DE, go ahead. No one said you have to believe the site.

Personally I don't see any reason why they'd make something like this up.

Then you just dont have the same rotten way of thinking as i do... 

And if were the author of this sites i would have do it, just to get attetion, and some extra cash.

Most probably 1 of the 2 sites just copy the content from the other.

Considering there's no hype site up right now, I'd say the date's fairly accurate, if not the week of the 3rd, I'd say it's coming out the week after. Even though I'm sure a great many tenno will complain, yes, It will likely be a Thursday release. When was the last time a major update wasn't delayed?

Everybody is talking how Second Dream will introduce new cinematic quest and archer frame (not confirmed) but I'm actually interested what game tweaks will be made. Like better graphics, new audio or new animation (you know like in GTA 5 when camera shakes when you run). Tho I'm pretty sure devs would announce it if they would work on such things

Archer frame was confirmed in last Dev stream. She will be launched soon after the launch of U18 after Wukong that drops with 18.

Considering there's no hype site up right now, I'd say the date's fairly accurate, if not the week of the 3rd, I'd say it's coming out the week after. Even though I'm sure a great many tenno will complain, yes, It will likely be a Thursday release. When was the last time a major update wasn't delayed?

No, your wrong...

Please, read other peoples comments.

"End Of Nov" (Next Week, Hype site, if we even get one, after prime time, or 20th of this week)

-Over-Hpyeing-

Yeah, you sure about that?