Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember Prime Nerf Please. Specifically, World On Fire.

Djolltax

Just compete with them .how is it not benefit when embers there? Really? Nothing that I've seen . Have fun and compete with them .eg bring a well built synoid simular,moded correctly you can whipe out a lot more than a three forma ember can in Draco and for t3-t4 u can destroy level 100 enemies with ease. The nerf mentality destroys player base and player numbers .reinvent your load out and try and just have fun .ultimatly just leave start again

When i hear the word ,,nerf", i gotta vomit...even more when in conjunction with ember. Ember got called out for being one of the worst or most useless frames and now people already went this far to want to nerf her? Wow... just.... wow.

Ember is definitely one of the last frames that should've been nerfed. Seriously. Better be happy to see more embers, now that she got made more useful.

No. It shows that different players enjoy different things. It is 100% impossible to create something that all players will enjoy in all situations. This is the precise reason why nearly all suggestions by players are ignored by game developers. Every single player has their own particular ideas about what's fun and how the game should work. The challenge developers face is trying to find a reasonable middleground. This obviously necessarily means that some players are going to end up in situations that they find unfavorable, which is why there's a very simple solution to such situations; simply leave the match and find a new one.

Firstly, this is a misrepresentation of what that development means. Many, if not most playstyles can and have been catered for and can work together on the same levels. The only real exceptions are stealth play, since enemy awareness is team based, and press 4 and walk around "play", because there is nothing for the other player to do. And that is the crux of it. IF you can walk around by yourself killing everything, what is your teammate supposed to do? Nothing? Because that's what he ends up doing. Nothing isn't fun. It isn't gameplay. It's nothing. And yet you have the nerve and the gall to suggest that the players you are forcing to do nothing leave a public game to go play by themselves. Why don't you do that? you don't need anyone else anyway. No one would bother you, while you would bother everyone else if you were to play with them. Instead of forcing everyone to play around you or leave, why not just play by yourself?

inb4 you're a hypocrite

Okay, let's nerf ember, it's not like it can be replace with something like Ash, Oberon, Equinox, Excalibur etc. How about instead of nerfing everything straight into the ground, we wait for the new star-chart and see how the missions are played after that, then decide whether there is still a necessity to run a mission a thousand times to get what you want. I feel that the problem is in the repetitive running of a mission until it's easier to find a loophole to do it faster and more efficient than it is to have fun and play how-ever you want.

About the ember itself: I kind of like the way she is at this moment, she can be built for crowd control as well for damage or a bit of both. You can't fit all the strength mods without having high WoF cost. I would like to trade the damage for a little more consistent WoF targeting, that's about it.

Edited by Zyrgi

Why do you have to get the most kills?  Ember is useful as hell, and trust me (since you clearly don't play ember), modding to get range and efficiency to keep wof on forever has a detrimental effect on strength and damage.  If you are running low level missions, then you win, whomever gets the kills.  You think that it matters whose % is higher at the end?

It really doesn't.

I'm just throwing this out there, Ember is my favourite frame, I have 7 formas on her, I have changed her loadout several times and use 2 main configs for her. Now after all the time I invested on her I read complains about her being OP. 

I'm honestely at a loss for words, what game are you playing Op? Have you tried any other frame? There's a reason you need to max everything in order to get the max MR.

Anyways I'm tired of reading these nerftrain posts, I'll go back to lurk forums for actual contributions.

Just gonna trow something into the room: reworking the ability balance.

Think first abilitys that actually do a portion damage without falling behind other abilitys.

A short ranged channeled that still needs range, strength, efficiency AND Duration to work is no big issue, especially not on a frame that's supposed to be a frickin firemage. What is is that this S#&$ is the strongest offensive spell in her kit.

DE should rly consider rebalancing the damage out of theyr ability order. Might be just the bloody mmorpg verteran in me speaking but wf is the first game that actually made AE abilitys SO MUCH STRONGER then singletarget abilitys, keeping the frickin same drain balance and i don't like it. This "ultimate ability" bs is flawed to the core.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

-snip-

Ok just wow...

For 1 The damage is fine. Tbh who the fk care if they speed run for you it lets you do 2-3 runs of exterminate in the time it'd take you to do half of one apparently. ALSO you can opt in for a single player mission O,o 

As for 2 wtf? Decrease the range? at max range it's still the same range as a miasma which isnt much at a measly 35m. And if you're at max range your not doing much damage so who care if it reaches across the whole map if you're no killing something. Also idk what Embers you're seeing but all the ones I see are Embers who think that the WoF augment makes your Ember fking amazing for some reason.

3...come on...So now unlike EVERY other skill which targets everything in an area(excluding LoS) now we can't even have that....so lets make it so Radial Javelin, miasma, avalanche, cataclysm(lol), etc. can't hit ANY enemy in the air. Please rethink your statements.

4...I just....Im not even gonna say anything about this.

5. Fire procs scale with power str so if your str is high you're pretty much proccing heat 100% of the time so again no.

wnd_0d4be90e49634210bf8600a26e58ae4e.jpg

You know what would be great? If we didn't raise the nerf warcry against every frame in the game that can do meaningful damage. FFS there are a half-dozen frames who can press a single button and shut down nearly every enemy on the map and some people are here complaining that Ember kills things kind of quickly? Yes, she does. That is what she is supposed to do. That is her contribution to the team. You aren't complaining that she's OP, you're complaining that her incredibly offensive role gets her more kills than you, while you could have been playing a Trinity, a Frost, a Nova, a Banshee, and contributing to the team in vastly more powerful ways that didn't directly contribute to your kill count.

Ember nerf threads aren't about balance, they're about a misguided attempt to use the end of mission screen as e-peen measuring. Well, protip: don't do that, and learn to expect that frames whose abilities are oriented around offense will get more kills than those oriented around defense, support, or CC. And Ember is nearly the only frame left in the game who can claim to do meaningful, efficient damage by combining her 2+3 and 2+4.

I wouldn't play in those matches, but that's just me. I'm also not sure how it isn't fair for you that someone else uses their ability and makes the match go through that much more smoothly, unless you're counting kills at the end of the match. We just got Ember out of the more underused frames, to being a viable frame for most levels.

even if you count kills its still a good thing but cause the person with the least kills gets the most xp points. Having 2 embers would be great for lvling Edited by (PS4)gatehacker00

People seem to not realize that ember now plays as a walking mesa using her 4th.

People want to argue about higher lvl? That goes for both mesa and saryn w/ the dmg fallout but with a cc and dmg buff that is accelerant.

Besides, wasn't miasma considered a room clearer for lower/mid tier missions as well?

You know what would be great? If we didn't raise the nerf warcry against every frame in the game that can do meaningful damage.

What's "meaningful damage?"  Don't you mean "automate farming?"  

If the capacity to deal damage to that extent never was as high as it is now, then the benchmark for "meaningful damage" would fall on whichever frame does the most damage with the least effort.  Just because players have gotten used to things like old Miasma and 8 slot weapons that instakill everything into the 70s doesn't mean that that level of power is required to be "meaningful."  If weapons and frame powers capped out at even half that damage potential (aka what Warframe was like 3-4 years ago,) people would accept it and run with it, because the game is very do-able with those numbers.  The numbers we have grown accustomed to are excessive, to the point where the only gameplay that matters is considered to start 40 minutes into a T4 endless mission (and it still doesn't matter if you factory farm it with an exploitative "meta" team,) which is content that you have almost no in-game incentive to do.  

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Dev bashing

Yo wut, nope.

Ember can only deal as much damage as any other frame can at low levels, and her base range is so small that for having a medium-large one you should use both Stretch and Overextended, and no, she won't reach 50m, like NEVER.

I'd like to see a future rework about her, but right now she's on a good place, maybe having even more synergy with her abilities could be nice, but there are way more frames that need to get a rework before her, especially after the toogle change.

This is why people who ask for nerfs have a bad name, because there is that crowd of people that want to nerf all the things.

I swear guys, not everyone who asks for a nerf is a crazy whiner, some of us ask for buffs quite often because, well, we want balance.

-snip-

No one should be required to make a private lobby just to enjoy the game.  If they can't ever go public, then there's something wrong with the game.

That's it, that's all.  It's not a matter of controlling other players or having the perfect run.  The game mechanics are flawed and it's removing fun for some players because it's making it easier for other players to just spam one ability and rush through the content, in a self-center, rude and inconsiderate manner.

WoF is literally only a problem on low level maps. Its a pure Utility ability once armor/hp scaling kick in with the grineer especially. If there was a change id make, I'd lower the damage a bit in exchange for guaranteed fire procs since the procs will matter more for survivability for players in the late game.

I get that people wanted to buff her. For a while I did. But with a toggled 4th and damage centred abilities rather than fire? No thanks.

Her abilities are not even close to damage scalable! The only reason her ult is useful is for the knockdown from firequake! How is that damage centered? How is the eximus blast that's fire blast damage centered? It does almost nothing without fire panic, the ring does negligible damage with the proc chance being the only good factor. Her fireball is a nice knockdown, but has crap scaling and is single target, and accelerant (probably the power you're thinking of) is a damage multiplier with a small stun with a small innate natural talent. Tell me how she's damage centered. I run @(*()$ max range and efficiency! A strength build is just not possible unless you wanna lose all your efficiency, which'll kill the time you have it up. She was buffed as a full cc frame, and her kit has no need for straight damage. What the F*** are you talking about damage centered?

Just gonna trow something into the room: reworking the ability balance.

Think first abilitys that actually do a portion damage without falling behind other abilitys.

A short ranged channeled that still needs range, strength, efficiency AND Duration to work is no big issue, especially not on a frame that's supposed to be a frickin firemage. What is is that this S#&$ is the strongest offensive spell in her kit.

DE should rly consider rebalancing the damage out of theyr ability order. Might be just the bloody mmorpg verteran in me speaking but wf is the first game that actually made AE abilitys SO MUCH STRONGER then singletarget abilitys, keeping the frickin same drain balance and i don't like it. This "ultimate ability" bs is flawed to the core.

makes sense but warframe is structured in a way that it's aoe or gtfo, no matter how much damage an ability can deal to a single target a weapon will always do better and there aren't targets whort wasting energy on (the reason nobody uses 25 energy abilities)