Update 17.12.0

[DE]Rebecca

Re: Alertium -

I'm going to hold on a final judgement until I see how it's actually implemented, but my current expectation?

F(&*ing roll back EVERYTHING. As long as it means I don't have to accept this abomination it'd be worth it.

I'm glad to say that it looks like this'll be much less an issue than I initially feared.

Since atm this isn't part of the OP: A post by [DE]Danielle, quoting for visibility (at least, as much as I can offer) since I suspect that the 'Staff posts' is going to get flooded.

We understand there is concern directed towards Wukong's Clan Research requirements and its relation to this new alert-only Resource. Everyone is starting off on the same playing field when it comes to acquiring this new resource. It's no secret that our Credit Alerts are largely uninteresting, so we wanted to freshen up and add variety to the alert system. We have given it a new use by including Nitain into the system.

These alerts will be running at least 4 times a day on all platforms. Essentially we've taken some of the previous 'Credit Only' Alerts and appended this resource to them. We're definitely looking to motivate clan activity in the absence of our regular events, and this is one way we can achieve that goal with a co-operative focus.

you seem have no idea about the meaning of 'Limited' dude. 

actually I don't care about money, I don't care about skins, whatever, it's just meaningless outfit in virtual world.

I even don't expect DE will take some action about this. I paid and it's gone. it was just complaining. 

The point is they tricked. okay?

please think first before you say something. your attitude really make me disgusting.

You bought a product. The product is still in working condition. You don't need a refund. You can ask for it via Support, but whining about how you bought something earlier than everyone else boggles my mind.

I'm glad to say that it looks like this'll be much less an issue than I initially feared.

Since atm this isn't part of the OP: A post by [DE]Danielle, quoting for visibility (at least, as much as I can offer) since I suspect that the 'Staff posts' is going to get flooded.

Ah that is very good to know. Now it doesn't seem as if it's an impossibility for some clans.

Edited by Cidolfus

You bought a product. The product is still in working condition. You don't need a refund. You can ask for it via Support, but whining about how you bought something earlier than everyone else boggles my mind.

He's not whining about how he bought something earlier than everyone else (beside the fact that it was available to EVERYONE from the start).

It feels like cheating when at first you're (time) pressured to invest in time limited skins (with the remark that they would stay that way) only to make them permanently obtainable a couple of weeks later. That makes DE unreliable in their promises/sales tactics.

Edited by Skadedyr

He's not whining about how he bought something earlier than everyone else (beside the fact that it was available to EVERYONE from the start).

It feels like cheating when at first you're (time) pressured to invest in time limited skins (with the remark that they would stay that way) only to make them permanently obtainable a couple of weeks later. That makes DE unreliable in their promises/sales tactics.

How are you cheated? Where's the "cheating" when you've purchased the product and the product is as advertised?

How are you cheated? Where's the "cheating" when you've purchased the product and the product is as advertised?

Nowhere am I saying anyone has been cheated because the product wasn't as advertised (you keep doing this).

I'm saying people feel cheated because it was presented one way (time/limited/exclusive) and DE pretty much broke their word by making it permanently available a few weeks later (no longer time/limited/exclusive). Both are marketing tactics, but this trick is a dirty one and makes DE appear unreliable.

Edited by Skadedyr

You are right. Most people don't like bait and switch tactics. I was looking forward to rhinos rework and new skin but I guess his rework got delayed at the last minute. And from what I've heard about his new skin being buggy with same iron skin look then I see no reason to spend platinum on him. On top of that we have new very rare resource to farm for our ridiculous clan research in order to build wukong. YEAR OF GRIND YEAH!

Nowhere am I saying anyone has been cheated because the product wasn't as advertised (you keep doing this).

I'm saying people feel cheated because it was presented one way (time/limited/exclusive) and DE pretty much broke their word by making it permanently available a few weeks later (no longer time/limited/exclusive). Both are marketing tactics, but this trick is a dirty one and makes DE appear unreliable.

"Feeling" cheated and "Being" cheated are the same thing. How can you say you weren't cheated when you're also saying you feel cheated? You make no sense.

"Feeling" cheated and "Being" cheated are the same thing. How can you say you weren't cheated when you're also saying you feel cheated? You make no sense.

Emotion is an important part of buying things in Warframe (devoted fans, etc) and is considered feeling. You can be cheated emotionally.

Which is something entirely different from being cheated in a fraudulent way (not getting what was promised for your money).

If you can't tell the difference ... *sigh* ... I'll stop responding to you. -.-

It's the slimy feeling you're left with afterwards that he's talking about.

This guy gets it ... +1 ^^

Edited by Skadedyr

It's the slimy feeling you're left with afterwards that he's talking about.

But does it mean you're cheated because you're making yourself feel as if you were?

I bought both the Excal skin and the Valkyr one when they were "limited". I love those skins, and am still enjoying them to this day. I was surprised to see the announcement that those limited edition skins are now permanently available. Did I feel cheated? Did I have "that slimy feeling"? Did I want a refund? Hell no. I was HAPPY. Happy to see that others will be able to enjoy these skins with me.

No, here's the real reason why people who are crying foul of this feel "cheated".

You all thought these skins will be limited. That's it. You thought you could buy these skins and show off to everyone else who weren't able to buy them in one way or another. Now that the only barrier to them is plat, you're enraged that you can't feel "better" than the poor fools who couldn't obtain them.

I don't blame you completely. Sadly Warframe is built on this sort of thought process with its many event-only items and limited time shops. But the fact of the matter is that you weren't cheated. At the end of the day, whether it was limited or not, you bought a product and it's still available to you. Only now, more people can enjoy it with you. What's wrong with that?

Edited by Cidolfus

New Warframe: Wukong

New Customizations

The following Deluxe skins have been re-introduced into the Market and are here to stay!

• Proto-Armor Excalibur

DE. I @(*()$ LOVE YOU. LET ME @(*()$ GIVE YOU A FRENCH KISS. YASS!!!! owo