Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Canonically, How Many Tenno Are There...

Kinetos

It's sci-fantasy. You can always contrive something to fit with events.

My current head-canon is that the events in the Second Dream happened only once, and some feature of Transference transmitted the experience to all other Tenno.

This was, in a sense, literally mind blowing, such that the link between Tenno and Warframe was temporarily severed. During this break, the Lotus guided the Ordises to Luna, and instructed the Warframes to recover their Tenno from their sleepy-pods and haul them back to their respective ships.

Hours later, the Tenno all find themselves awake, though none of them are sure which Tenno confronted Hunhow and his goon.

The Tenno just don't question these shared experiences, because they've got more important stuff to deal with.

I have a theory that the unconscious of all Teeno links in somewhere in the void, they all know about the event and they all think they are the only one doing the event

and that place in the void called "Warframe Forum" and the unconscious, aka players, always complains the void's, aka DE's, effects, on the physical world

Vor: And now i finished my special searching device! With this, we can know numbers of this Tenno.

Hek: So, how many of them?

Vor (looking into device): It's over nine thousands! (crushing device).

Hek: What? this is impossible, right?

Just look at how busy the relays are. There must be a lot of Tenno. Which makes sense - a solar system is a --big-- place, even when you're worth a thousand normal soldiers.

From Ember Prime's codex, it was against regulations to have kids on the ship at all, even though it was for colonisation, so I'm sure the Orokin arranged more accidents when they realised they were onto something.

As for who's awake and who isn't, I reckon that could create some good missions on the moon. Trying to find the locations of the other reservoirs (we all agree there have to be more than 7 Tenno, right?) and racing the Sentient to pull Tenno out of the dream before it finds them.

I can't imagine there are a lot, it was only the children from a specific ship. The lore always seems to imply that there are very few, although they probably deliberately never specify further.

It's been suggested that the Zariman was a prospective Tau colony-ship, that could well have been _very_ full.

As was pointed out in another thread, there were seven pods.

If we go by this as the figure, we have seven Tenno by canon.

The implication of this is that the five schools we have were each run by one Tenno, with two Tenno ping-ponging between the schools as students.

This is also why the logistics of running ships are left to Cephalons instead of us.

Edited by Snowmotion

The only real restriction is that they have to be on the ship. Though that doesn't mean that it had to be a normal sized ship, for all we know it could be the Spear of Adun 2.0

Considering that the WHOLE Solar System was suffering from overpopulation...

Yeah, having a ship that size wouldnt surprise anyone. And there's also the Void distorting the space inside the ship. Look at the size of those when we go underwater in Uranus and compare when we get in. It was probably a whole nation inside that ship.

Edited by Kao-Snake

Guys...guys (and gals).

This is a representative storyline, personalized to make the experience more intimate from a lore perspective.

Each of us was gifted with the right to face the Stalker in the Tennoverse. The Loreframe Cinematics are an intimate, singular experience from a protagonist standpoint, but the hints are already there that Tenno Community will be a big theme going forward. The game thrives on having healthy interactive gameplay and community interaction.

It's the best of both worlds. The cost is ambiguity.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

That's gotta be a pain for both Stalker, Hunhow, and Lotus to go through all that for each and every of thousands of Tenno.  I mean does Stalker take the other piece of war, repair it, and then go back to the moon to wait for the next Tenno to come along?   And what about Lotus appearing in person to talk to every single kid?  I mean that's a lot more than Santa has to do because he just has to drop presents down the chimney, but Lotus has to go in person to every orbiter, carry the kid to their interface thingy, and then talk to them.  That's gotta be tiring after a while. 

If the Zarimon was a colony ship built to the scale of what we've seen the Orokin are inclined to do, then probably quite a few kids were on it.

Once the fundamentals of...mmm...we'll call it void infusion...were known, the Orokin could very well have mass produced operators for the warframe project. After all they were fighting a genocidal war and the Orokin have never seemed particularly restrained by anything resembling morals or ethics when push came to shove.

The actual numbers probably aren't that important in game terms. We still don't know much about the Old War and the scale the Orokin worked with was typically brobdingnagian. A safe bet is lots of tenno out there.

The Second Dream is a personalized experience. Once the cat is out of the bag, though, I'd expect all the tenno would be woken and sooner rather than later. There's no point in the secrecy now.

Vor: And now i finished my special searching device! With this, we can know numbers of this Tenno.

Hek: So, how many of them?

Vor (looking into device): It's over nine thousands! (crushing device).

Hek: What? this is impossible, right?

/thread right there folks

First, are they all active players?

Second, we definitely have 16,000,000 - 1 players, because a player has died (insert joke about scientific inaccuracy here). 

More than one have died. A personal friend of mine in real life and PS4 Tenno passed away last week.

It was measured by accounts created, so there are probably many fewer active players.

lore wise? we can not say how many tenno there are out there exactly. The lotus says that after the tenno were put into the sergate suits that they built schools and grew, which probably means the orokin realized they could replicate what happened with the first ship and effectively make a second class race of soilders that could never be eliminated since if the suit was destroyed another could be made to replace it without having casualtities on their side. Also to say that all of the tenno are on the moon is a double sided sword since we do not know for a fact that that is where all of the tenno are. look how long it takes for the Lotus to find you in the beginning, she had no clue where you were till Vor poked around and got near your cryopod. Also in the random voices in the second dream quest talked about how the sent some to Luna, does that infer that Luna is the only one? Or is Luna just one of many outposts with hibernating tenno? If Luna is not the only one it can explain why Lotus wants every warframe suit saved because it is the only way of making sure all of the tenno hibernation bases are safe. But we will not know till DE tells us if Luna is the only one out there or not.

but game wise it is players + relay tenno + prisoner tenno + stalker + teshin + cryopod tenno = all tenno we know of

More than one have died. A personal friend of mine in real life and PS4 Tenno passed away last week.

It was measured by accounts created, so there are probably many fewer active players.

See? Scientific inaccuracy at its best. 

Now we need a statistics of how many Warframe players die per day.