The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Needs A Rework...

Vanicx

Okay i get your point when you say that chroma doesnt need a rework but the vex armor and spectral scream needs a push in the right direction rather have vex armor drain energy per second which come on is a great idea and have spectral scream get a nice buff cause it really does need it and to me the range on chroma E-ward needs an increase cause even with 169% range i have to literally &#! follow a guy to give him my buff. Yeah i know chroma is amazing i love him but the vex armor idea is an amazing one it makes him chroma and since u use effigy he will definetly need that extra armor and yes i also agree that effigy needs better energy efficiency but i love my vex armor and E-ward combo.

i do agree. chroma stopped being relavent a long time ago. his vex armor is nice but compared to some other frames, just doesnt keep up and fails to scale + every other frame with abilites on his vex armors scale ALL have more utility then him +his 1 and 4 are trash on a stick. he needs a rework, NOT a buff but an entire rework.

i do agree. chroma stopped being relavent a long time ago. his vex armor is nice but compared to some other frames, just doesnt keep up and fails to scale + every other frame with abilites on his vex armors scale ALL have more utility then him +his 1 and 4 are trash on a stick. he needs a rework, NOT a buff but an entire rework.

So, Vex Armor which can provide up to 98% Damage Reduction with a proper build, is 'failed-scaling'? Ha! Ha-ha! Ha! Only few frames can sustain a great deal amount of tankiness, and Chroma sits there on top just below Trin with just a consistent sustained Duration=Cost ratio.

Now.. onto the topic. He's IMO in a great spot now. Though his 1 does need a good buff, a consistent 100% stats proc with higher DOT would be preferable. Effigy is already great, but good god decrease that efficiency cost, you can't properly sustain Effigy without it just ripping through your energy pool.

There's 2 things I don't like about Chroma, but I wouldn't consider him to be one in high priority for a rework. 

1.  But Spectral Scream is definitely one that needs to be fixed.  Garbage power.  Slow, requires channeling, horrible damage, extremely short range, it shoots at the ground for no good reason.

It needs to be buffed, and people have been saying that since he was added.  Either DE go the lazy path and just buff its range and damage, or I want to see a rework.  There's already plenty of suggestions over the months, and some in this thread as well.

2. Effigy is kind of weak for the drain.  The problem with Effigy is you can't have a automated turret to be too strong, otherwise it is people can just AFK.  But damage scaling is a problem.  One way to remedy that is to give it a much higher status chance, giving it even better CC capabilities.         

So, Vex Armor which can provide up to 98% Damage Reduction with a proper build, is 'failed-scaling'? Ha! Ha-ha! Ha! Only few frames can sustain a great deal amount of tankiness, and Chroma sits there on top just below Trin with just a consistent sustained Duration=Cost ratio.

Now.. onto the topic. He's IMO in a great spot now. Though his 1 does need a good buff, a consistent 100% stats proc with higher DOT would be preferable. Effigy is already great, but good god decrease that efficiency cost, you can't properly sustain Effigy without it just ripping through your energy pool.

You are forgetting that although he has alot of armor not as much as valkyr but with her ulti she is literally a god so 98% damage reduction means nothing

Edited by Vanicx

Chroma DOESN'T need a rework.

Spectral Scream needs a buff. Thats it.

Vex armour, E-ward and Effigy are fine. (And before anyone says anything, effigy IS good. Stick it in a chokepoint, or use it when picking up allies or distracting enemies, and you now have a floating tanky powerhouse that ISN'T effected by range, so you can easily sacrifice that to boost all 3 abilites)

Whilst I agree that his scream is the only one that needs a rework, I will say that I would greatly appreciate a reduction in the cost per second.

10 energy per second is pretty dear, I know it can be reduced via mods but I still feel that for what it does, it doesn't deserve to cost a little over triple that of wukong and Ember's ults. Four times that of Valkyrs.

I have five forma in my chroma and all those who think valkyr is the better tank hasn't seen what over 14k in armor can do, and oh that's more armor then valkyr has. And those who say he needs a rework obviously have no clue how to use chroma the right way

Yeah but chroma can't switch god mode on now can he?